Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

Um I sort of do, we all do. 5 year extension last year 95 million dollars. 260 million dollar 10 year Adidas deal.
Um no you don't. AI made over $150 million with a 10 year 50 million dollar contract Reebok deal and is broke. Just because you follow someone on twitter/facebook doesn't mean you know how they live their lives.

Translation time

Derrick Rose doesn't know any of you exist

Translation: I dont have an opinion so I'm going to try and play everyone who does have an opinion out because this is making me feel bad about my inability to think for myself.

NEWSFLASH: He doesn't know(or care) you exist either. You opposite side of the same room.

Aye Ska......

Yo Ska.....

Can you hear me Ska?

Ska........

Bruh....

Ska......

You not D Rose.

Translation: What? It someone on NT with actual life experience pertaining to the subject matter? I wasn't ready for that. Cop out, stage left.

No not at all

Its his body, he could play when he feels like it.

Y'all think because you watch the games and buy tickets, that Derrick Rose owes you something. :lol:

He's going get paid whether you don't watch or don't pay for a ticket.

The NBA machine has been in place for a long time and will continue whether you respect Derrick Rose or not

Translation: Im trying to take the indifferent route but I dont have enough understanding of life to even do that right. Professional basketball is going to be around forever because the NBA pulls itd money out of the sky

The **** yall say sometimes is mind blowing :smh:

Translation: I lack an opinion on the subject, so I'll play it safe and give an opinion on everyones opinion.

You are serious.....saying that with a straight face?

There is no refuting that as a professional athlete, your paycheck comes from the fans. Your job is not to be a diva, you are an ENTERTAINER. Everyone knows sports is ONLY a business, it's not about the teams history, their wins, their culture, etc. It's sales. It's a marketing company. He has a job just like every body else in the world. And just like you, you cater to who pays your check. Doesn't matter if you own your own business, you cater to who your demographic is.

I honestly can't believe that you're sitting there saying it's Rose's job to entertain the fans. His job is to win games and produce. Appeasing the fans - nah :lol:

If you want to go to a game where an athlete's main objective is to entertain the fans, go cop yourself some globetrotter tickets. Maybe you'll get a garbage pail of confetti dumped on your head.

Translation: Professional basketball is natural. If there was only 200 people on the planet, 50 of them would be in the NBA..

Seriously, wtf? You probably think you're disagreeing with him too. :lol:

WINNING GAMES = APPEASING FANS

Why do they want to win games? To win a championship. Why do the want to win a championship? To make money. Where does this money come from? Ticket sales and merchandise. Who buys this stuff? THE FANS.

Please look up the definition of the pharse "Spectator sport".

Um no you don't. AI made over $150 million with a 10 year 50 million dollar contract Reebok deal and is broke. Just because you follow someone on twitter/facebook doesn't mean you know how they live their lives.

You've convinced me. You're right, Derrick Rose wouldn't be set for life if his career ended today. He needs more money.

300 plus million guaranteed is not enough.

Boy you sound like David Stern right about now.

Not his job to entertain. It is his job to put himself and his family in the best possible situation to receive financials from playing this game for as long as possible. You do that through performing at a high level for as long as you can. So him not being ready is on him. He will come back when he is ready.

But implying that, "entertaining the fans" should be enough motivation might be the craziest thing said in this thread.

Can't believe i'm bringing myself to waste more time on a moot point, but here it goes.

it's not a "game" behind the scenes, it's his job. just like you have a job (im assuming )When you have a a job, you have a boss. being in the NBA is a job, and he has a boss. It's not about doing what you said, it's doing his job. What's his job? To SELL. tickets, merchandise, and sponsorships to further the NBA brand. it's not about HIM or his family. It's not on YOUR terms when you want to do your job. If you are employed, and able bodied, you are required to do your job. in any and every context.

If the fans don't pay his check, who does? The team owner? Where does he get paid? From team revenue? Where does that come from?.......fans. the Consumer.

If you can't register that in your head, I don't know much else to tell you.

I've lost every oz of respect for Rose. One thing I wish for, next year when he returns, the Chicago fans boo him. Well deserved

Translation time
Translation: I dont have an opinion so I'm going to try and play everyone who does have an opinion out because this is making me feel bad about my inability to think for myself.

NEWSFLASH: He doesn't know(or care) you exist either. You opposite side of the same room.
Translation: What? It someone on NT with actual life experience pertaining to the subject matter? I wasn't ready for that. Cop out, stage left.
Translation: Im trying to take the indifferent route but I dont have enough understanding of life to even do that right. Professional basketball is going to be around forever because the NBA pulls itd money out of the sky
Translation: I lack an opinion on the subject, so I'll play it safe and give an opinion on everyones opinion.
Translation: Professional basketball is natural. If there was only 200 people on the planet, 50 of them would be in the NBA..

Why do they want to win games? To win a championship. Why do the want to win a championship? To make money. Where does this money come from? Ticket sales and merchandise. Who buys this stuff? THE FANS.

Here's another translation: You're foolish.

His job is not to entertain the fans. Which is what homie was alluding to.

How about you go look up the phrase "for the love of the game."

Reporter: Hey, Kobe - what's your objective as a pro basketball player?

Kobe - To entertain the fans.

*crickets*

The issue is that y'all talk like the fan/player relationship is a one way street. I pay you, so you do this. It's not. We only watch because they are able to do this at a level most of us can't ever achieve.

If Rose doesn't want to play, then that's it. Accept it, move on. He decides when he's ready and nobody controls that.

"Fans" are some spoiled obnoxious people.

Can't believe i'm bringing myself to waste more time on a moot point, but here it goes.

it's not a "game" behind the scenes, it's his job. just like you have a job (im assuming )When you have a a job, you have a boss. being in the NBA is a job, and he has a boss. It's not about doing what you said, it's doing his job. What's his job? To SELL. tickets, merchandise, and sponsorships to further the NBA brand. it's not about HIM or his family. It's not on YOUR terms when you want to do your job. If you are employed, and able bodied, you are required to do your job. in any and every context.

If the fans don't pay his check, who does? The team owner? Where does he get paid? From team revenue? Where does that come from?.......fans. the Consumer.

If you can't register that in your head, I don't know much else to tell you.

I've lost every oz of respect for Rose. One thing I wish for, next year when he returns, the Chicago fans boo him. Well deserved

:lol:

You pumping yourself up like anyone gives a **** about what you have to say. Like we should be honored that you're back with a rebuttal...no one cares.

If you can't see the difference between the job of a guy in the NBA compared to someone who works 9-5, then I don't know what to say.

You have a job (I'm assuming), your tax dollars go to pay various salaries around your city. When your mailman is sick, or if you've noticed that he's taken more time away from his job than you believe he's entitled to, you need to voice your displeasure the next time you see him. I mean, you pay his check, right?

Translation time

Here's another translation: You're foolish.

His job is not to entertain the fans. Which is what homie was alluding to.

How about you go look up the phrase "for the love of the game."

Reporter: Hey, Kobe - what's your objective as a pro basketball player?

Kobe - To entertain the fans.

*crickets*

Just stop.

First it was about the money, the business. Now its the love of the game?

Just stop.

HE'S NOT PLAYING PRO BASKETBALL FOR THE FANS. Sorry you can't get that though your head. I don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp.

The issue is that y'all talk like the fan/player relationship is a one way street. I pay you, so you do this. It's not. We only watch because they are able to do this at a level most of us can't ever achieve.

If Rose doesn't want to play, then that's it. Accept it, move on. He decides when he's ready and nobody controls that.

"Fans" are some spoiled obnoxious people.

Tell us more about "fans", 8PM at MSG.

Nice avy btw...

Just stop.

HE'S NOT PLAYING PRO BASKETBALL FOR THE FANS. Sorry you can't get that though your head. I don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp.

"I'm running out of ammo, so I'm just going to repeat myself, and hope someone co-signs."

You right doe. On a personal level, he probably doesn't play for the fans, but the organization that pays him to play, is all about the fans.

I think with him it's more of a mental thing , we all know his body is ready ... But his mind isn't . I don't think he thinks he will be able to be on tht same explosive MVP level tht he was at when he went down so he's js getting his mind right ... And it doesn't help tht he has his mama , brothers , cousins , uncles , and aunts all in his ears trynna be his managers and s#*% .

But to answer OP's question no I still have 100% respect for D. Rose . Not like he gives a damn tho , I ain't paying his bills .

Last edited:
"I'm running out of ammo, so I'm just going to repeat myself, and hope someone co-signs."

You right doe. On a personal level, he probably doesn't play for the fans, but the organization that pays him to play, is all about the fans.

Is that what I'm thinking?

Why are you arguing with me when you JUST proved my point?

Rose knows his body better than any of us. However as a fan we have a right to have an opinion about it and feel however we feel.

Millions of people having an interest in dude playing is why he makes millions of dollars.

I just don't see how he can look Luol Dang in the face on a man to man level.

Also you dudes are ridiculous with the he shouldn't play because they can't beat Miami gibberish. Hell cancel the games and give them rings now then.

With as injured as the the bulls are now any player that's decent will help. Get outta here with that he's a franchise player gibberish too. 10-15 minutes a game will helps these dudes right now

Last edited:

Is that what I'm thinking?

Why are you arguing with me when you JUST proved my point?

That what you're not understanding. Thats just being selfish. These people are paying him millions of dollars to play basketball, and hes not playing, because he doesn't feel like it. :stoneface: There are people on his team getting paid less, doing more for the team. This is why people are losing respect. Why is that so hard to understand??

If you was at work, and your co worker decided he wasn't gonna do anything because he had the flu 2 months ago, you'd have every right to be pissed. If a customer ask that same employee to do something for them within their job description and they said they didn't feel right about it, the customer would have every right to be pissed.

It's funny to me how people can sit back and say "he has no heart, he doesn't care about the team" GTHOH. This is the same dude that has carried that team since the day he was drafted. Last year he came back from a injury (and some people thought he came back to soon) and got hurt AGAIN. So I can't blame him for taking as much time as possible with this one. Only thing he needs to do is tell his brother to shut the hell up.

That what you're not understanding. Thats just being selfish. These people are paying him millions of dollars to play basketball, and hes not playing, because he doesn't feel like it. :stoneface: There are people on his team getting paid less, doing more for the team. This is why people are losing respect. Why is that so hard to understand??

If you was at work, and your co worker decided he wasn't gonna do anything because he had the flu 2 months ago, you'd have every right to be pissed. If a customer ask that same employee to do something for them within their job description and they said they didn't feel right about it, the customer would have every right to be pissed.

I'm not questioning why people shouldn't respect him. As a matter of fact, I understand the level of frustration. I've stated that. My dude Allen brought up a good point as to how Rose can even walk down the halls and look at his teammates in the eyes after seeing them battling through injuries/illness JUST to have a chance to compete for a championship.

That being said, I highly doubt he is going to succumb to pressure from the fans to get out there on the floor. They are not the reason why he plays the game. THIS is what I was getting at. On top of it all, you can't compare what he does for a living to a regular joe like you or me who works a 9-5.

His teammates have the right to be upset because those are the guys who he goes to battle with on a nightly basis...the fans, well, that's your perogative (sp?) if you want to go there and be mad...he doesn't play for yall.

Im a long time Chicago Bulls fan. Derrick Rose was our first taste of new found glory since MJ. He is the heart and soul of that city to a certain extent. Him not playing for whatever reason is definitely being over dramatized, but i'd be lying if I said I was not disappointed, disgusted and just straight up embarrassed that he STILL is not playing.

Like others mentioned. Iman Shumpert tore his ACL the SAME DAY, and he's been playing for months. Now to see David Lee with a torn hip flexer playing after a couple weeks, is just throwing salt on Bulls fans' wounds. Wether it be some ridiculous excuse like "muscle memory" or psychological reasons, I think that Rose should suit up, and get on the court when his name is called. I question his dedication to his City, and Team now. Like....what is he worried about? If doctors cleared him he obviously can play, even for atleast a few minutes a game.

So, Yes. I have lost respect for Derrick Rose.

So you should understand saying "He doesn't play for the fans", and "he can play when he wants to play"(which is probably coming from non Bulls fans, so the probably wouldn't mind if he never came back :lol:) are just douchebag *** comments. If you can say he doesn't play for the fans, you can make the argument that he doesn't play for his teammates. They damn sholl dont pay his check.

So you should understand saying "He doesn't play for the fans", and "he can play when he wants to play"(which is probably coming from non Bulls fans, so the probably wouldn't mind if he never came back :lol:) are just douchebag *** comments. If you can say he doesn't play for the fans, you can make the argument that he doesn't play for his teammates. They damn sholl dont pay his check.

No you can't. He has a bond/kinship with those guys on the squad....he has what exactly with the fans?

You pay to watch him play because YOU want to. He doesn't ask for you to do this. He doesn't owe you (or any other fan) anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom