Has The Whole, "Thug" Era Ended?

Was talking to a friend about this. It seems that in the 90s, the kids wanted to be thugs. Many of the black persona in the media portrayed this rough imagethat kids duplicated.

Has this vanished? The youth appear to be more concerned with man bags, and skinny jeans. I guess you can call it the "fly" era.

Also we said that girls liking these thugs seems outdated. I don't know what these young girls look for in a dude but I wonder.

http://niketalk.com/topic/208185

Obviously, not
smh.gif

Where do you live? Thugs ain't going nowhere as long as there is still thug activities(robbin,dope dealin,killin etc.) THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THUGS. Thisreally is a stupid question when you think about it.

i understand what op is saying. there are thugs everywhere. his point is in the 90's and early 00's it was idolized. not no more.

If your asking if thats still the IN thing then na. Classy is mos def where its at. Look at any of the fashion threads in here.

The "thug" era is still here, it has just died down a bit. Many of the guys now don't try to be hard all the time, but there are still some outthere that want to prove their dominance over everyone.

I get what you are saying. There are less kids posing as thugs then there used to be.

Originally Posted by socluis90

i understand what op is saying. there are thugs everywhere. his point is in the 90's and early 00's it was idolized. not no more.

No he's wrong on all fronts I kno 13yr old kids that want nothing more than to be a ganster. Some kids will always idolize gangsters it just depeneds onwhere you're from and you can get "fresh" and be a gangster too.

I'm going to have to say hell no to this.

I still see tall tees, pants saggin'...all that nonsense.

Looking at the Derrion Albert story and watching how my little cousin has turned into a young "thug" ...its something I definitely dont see fadinganytime soon

It depends on what ya definition of a thug is ....but just cause a person gets fly doesn't mean he not with the business

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by socluis90

No he's wrong on all fronts I kno 13yr old kids that want nothing more than to be a ganster. Some kids will always idolize gangsters it just depeneds on where you're from and you can get "fresh" and be a gangster too.
can you contradict yourself any more?

it's not mainstream anymore. doesn't mean it's not there.

Back
Top Bottom