Has The Whole, "Thug" Era Ended?

Im from Detroit..7 mile to be exact..i know thugss
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

The era when kids who never lived in the "hood" tried to act and dress like thugs has faded. But the real thugs are still in the hood.
This right here sums it up. Quoted For Truth

To some degree QFT but a small percentage of kids from great neighborhoods still like to play thug sometime .. But 80% truth in that statement !

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

thug life>>>emo skinny jeans steve urkel look kids are rocking nowadays
sick.gif
So much one can say about this above quote, but I'll just i'll just comment that while it may just be about "fashion" to you, the impact goes a lot deeper than what style of clothes one wears. Anyway, I'll chalk it up to a "cultural" flaw.

that can be said about this whole thread my man...i said that cause i was going for the fashion which is what most people are replying to...if you wannatalk about gangbang'n and slang'n just to feed a fam then thats a different story...we know its still around and it will always be a serious matter

c'mon i lived from LA to the bay i hope you dont honestly think im not aware of gangs and etc.

apparently since raving and rave music is coming up in the world.

i think what the op meant was like if kids now a days want to be thugs vs want to be these "new boys" wearing skinny jeans and thinkin theyre drakeand what not. in which case i teenagers def are trynna be this new boy look vs a thug look. HOWEVER the thug is never dead because there are still grimey stuffin the streets. As long as there is grime in the hood thug mentality will live.

I think the whole "thug" era is age-specific since most people in their early teens are still idolizing "thugs" (these are your middleschool and high school crowds). Once kids reach their mid twenties, they start moving away from this phase and change their behavior/attitudes/lifestyle.

yea they just call them goons now, where theres poverty and money to be made you will always see a thug/goon

thugs aint going now where no time soon

Back
Top Bottom