Has The Whole, "Thug" Era Ended?

No..it will never end..

are there more improvements and more people trying to "get their act together"..yes.

The era when kids who never lived in the "hood" tried to act and dress like thugs has faded. But the real thugs are still in the hood.

Baggy clothes isn't a thug ofcourse baggy clothes are all but extinct.I kno Thugs that wear Gucci and LV.

thug life>>>emo skinny jeans steve urkel look kids are rocking nowadays
sick.gif

I hope the THUG era isn't over...
I'm about to get THUG LIFE tatted on my stomach...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I joke...I joke...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Depends on what you consider a 'thug'.

Is a thug somebody who wears baggy clothes?
this.

OP seems to be defining a person as a thug by the way they dress. Clothes is only one aspect of the "thug" image.

Many of the people wearing skinny jeans and man bags are only wearing this stuff because this is what their favorite "thug" rappers are wearing now.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by socluis90

i understand what op is saying. there are thugs everywhere. his point is in the 90's and early 00's it was idolized. not no more.
No he's wrong on all fronts I kno 13yr old kids that want nothing more than to be a ganster. Some kids will always idolize gangsters it just depeneds on where you're from and you can get "fresh" and be a gangster too.
can you contradict yourself any more?

it's not mainstream anymore. doesn't mean it's not there.

are you in agreement with me? Vado-"I can't understand you, you used too many words" I'm saying it's NOT gone genius.

I still see a dude rocking a night gown outside everyonce in a while. Every dude is trying to show their physiques of now though, so they have to wear tightclothes. Last time i wore a tall tee was sophmore year in highschool, i got so much hate in my school switching to a different style. This was back in 03.

As for the whole thug era thing, also long as we have murderers we still have thugs.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by socluis90

i understand what op is saying. there are thugs everywhere. his point is in the 90's and early 00's it was idolized. not no more.
No he's wrong on all fronts I kno 13yr old kids that want nothing more than to be a ganster. Some kids will always idolize gangsters it just depeneds on where you're from and you can get "fresh" and be a gangster too.
can you contradict yourself any more?

it's not mainstream anymore. doesn't mean it's not there.
are you in agreement with me? Vado-"I can't understand you, you used too many words" I'm saying it's NOT gone genius.
nah. op is saying if the thug era is over. you're saying it's not. i'm saying it's not gone, but the "era" is over. there will always be kids trying to be thugs, and there always have been, but it's not what most kids want to be anymore.

Definitely not over...

At least from what I see...the same little jerks wearing the skinny jeans are still doing the same dumb *@*% that the ones with baggy clothes were doing.

i still think its around....

theres a couple of 'freshmen' wannabe thugs at my school,
pants at their knees (no mo), 4xl shirts, act all 'tough' etc....
and theres a couple in my grade also....

funny thing is that they all chill together....

i think that they act like this, b/c the way they grew up....
like in gradeschool, they prob. listened to 50 cent/game/lil wayne (pre-rock) etc. and they were stuck in that era....
and they never paid attention to any other trends/fads after that....
thats why they think its cool, and most of them live in good neighbourhoods....
tired.gif

I'm a product of the 90's gangster mentality. I appreciate it. It helps me cope/survive in an untrustworthy world. I'm a proponent on the gangstermentality.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Many of the people wearing skinny jeans and man bags are only wearing this stuff because this is what their favorite "thug" metro rappers are wearing now.
fixed.

Thugs will never go away, it's just not the "in" thing to be at the moment.

Originally Posted by awwsome

It's a persons actions not clothing that makes them a thug

Exactly! It seems like everyone is defining a thug by how someone dresses. It has nothing to do with how you dress.

There are youngins out here in skinny jeans and your latest hipster clothing killing people, selling drugs and robbing people.

It's the pussification of America. People are more insecure, they simp/thirst/beast, and they don't know about responsibility and individuality. Theydefine their "manhood" in the wrong way and as a result we have a bunch of lost souls in this country. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of someof these things and the thug movement was born of a lot of the same insecurity, just in the other direction. And I don't think my post has anything to dowith this thread but I wanted to type it.

Back
Top Bottom