Have Jordans jumped the shark?

it's been said many times former nike employees work for adidas now

alotta designs were carried over from nike to adidas supposedly

From what I remember what happened was Nike designers moved over to adidas and Nike had to wait 4-5 years before being able use their designs. Which is why you see similarities in adidas newer silhouettes.

you gonna sit there and ride Adidas and discredit everything the man said than know what you are talking about

talking bout the Lebron 14 being designed after the Tubular X like clowns

that was a dig on these Adidas **** boys but you clearly misunderstood

i just thought it was lame that you had to make the distinction between High and Hi :lol:

if you were making some kind of joke that I missed, carry on

I just don't see it. When I look at the first tubular I see the zx 7000.

The general point I'm trying to make is that whenever the discussion on adidas designs pops up in General, people will always approach it from the Nike fan perspective, which is limiting. Go back and look at whatever adidas has in its archives before coming to the conclusion that they mindlessly copy everything nike is doing.

it's simple, Nike is not the first to make a sock like type shoe that's minimal in design but when the roshe released it was one of the first pieces in this whole athleisure movement

it caused every company to make their interpretation of a roshe type shoe

just like nike has the lunarcharge and everyone calls it the nike y3

we can't sit here and act like the yeezy 350 isn't a roshe

From what I remember what happened was Nike designers moved over to adidas and Nike had to wait 4-5 years before being able use their designs. Which is why you see similarities in adidas newer silhouettes.

yes that's what I've heard it just sounds backwards that Nike had to wait when they already had the designs

but I'm thinking from a music standpoint, usually when an artist leaves that whole album they worked on with the previous label still belongs to the previous label mostly

i have no reason to ride for any company

I wear any brand that puts out quality, good looking product

Last edited:
Below is the statement I replied to:

But aren't those Adidas tubulars pretty much ripped from Prestos/Huaraches silhouette?

Why would they not be inspired by the original tubular instead?

View media item 2275982

You guys are acting like adidas didn't exist before 2014 when they probably have a much larger archive than nike.

that looks nothing like the tubular Adidas first released as the new "tubulars" though, the new one looks like a completely new model and the only similarities are by name

View media item 1699066
it's not til the third iteration that they added the upper lacelet cage to make it similar and actually be deemed the inspiration of the OG Tubulars and then released that exact OG Tubular with the tubular midsole we know of today so could you really blame people?

hell the OGs silhouette isn't even close, it looks more like Nike Monarchs than any recent silhouettes :lol:

at the end of the day only trend hoppers/hype beast feel like they have to put down Nike in order to praise adidas. Adidas is doing great, love boost and I love Y-3 but that's not going to stop me from still enjoying what I was enjoying with other brands. Especially since only a few models catch my interest with adidas and I don't need 25 different pairs of ultraboosts. In my opinion I think doubling down on the nmd and ultraboosts so many times in such a short time period is going to end up hurting adidas in the long run.

at the end of the day only trend hoppers/hype beast feel like they have to put down Nike in order to praise adidas. Adidas is doing great, love boost and I love Y-3 but that's not going to stop me from still enjoying what I was enjoying with other brands. Especially since only a few models catch my interest with adidas and I don't need 25 different pairs of ultraboosts. In my opinion I think doubling down on the nmd and ultraboosts so many times in such a short time period is going to end up hurting adidas in the long run.

That's how I feel, I own Adidas but th hypebeasts dudes act like they must HATE Nike all the suddwn which actually turns me off to Adidas when I see comments and cats acting like this

Ultra Boosts are a very good shoe but you would think it's the greatest sneaker ever made, I ran in a pair and they don't stand up to a lot of Nike models

Last edited:

But aren't those Adidas tubulars pretty much ripped from Prestos/Huaraches silhouette?

View media item 2275982

You guys are acting like adidas didn't exist before 2014 when they probably have a much larger archive than nike.

that looks nothing like the tubular Adidas first released as the new "tubulars" though, the new one looks like a completely new model and the only similarities are by name

View media item 1699066
it's not til the third iteration that they added the upper lacelet cage to make it similar and actually be deemed the inspiration of the OG Tubulars and then released that exact OG Tubular with the tubular midsole we know of today so could you really blame people?

hell the OGs silhouette isn't even close, it looks more like Nike Monarchs than any recent silhouettes :lol:

This is a ZX7000

View media item 2276137
The tubular design is closer to that than the roshe. I don't see the similarity with the latter unless we're talking about black one piece uppers sitting on white midsoles.

That's how I feel, I own Adidas but th hypebeasts dudes act like they must HATE Nike all the suddwn which actually turns me off to Adidas when I see comments and cats acting like this

its like when a dude gets dubbed by a chick, he bags a nice looking broad afterwards, and any chance he gets, will throw dirt on da other dame who rebuffed his advances.

alot of these Adidas cats are da untold number of folks that been striking out for years on releases, acting like bitter exes wishing something bsd happens to you :lol:

Instead of retyping what I feel, here are some posts I've made that pretty much sum up how I feel about adidas vs Nike/JB sneaker culture thing from other threads I've posted in.

Ultra boosts are a great shoe, love them. But I absolutely hate adidas/Yeezy stans and how toxic the adidas hype train has made sneaker "culture". If you were to go off of the hype you'd think that there was never a comfortable shoe to release before or after the UB in any other brand. people swear up and down that boost is the best tech in the world but there are plenty of full boost shoes that offer similar/comparable levels of comfort to the the UB that have zero hype whatsoever. Not to mention tons more in Y-3. It. Gets Impossible to have objective conversations about shoes now a days because so many people have bitten the hype. I was on a run of buying and wearing various runners for a decent amount of time before the UBs got big. Jumped on huaraches, jumped on sock darts, jumped on prestos, jumped on pure boosts/rocket boosts all before I got my UBs. Got a few pairs, and love them. definitely high level comfort. But they don't by any means blow any of them out of the water in terms of comfort by the degree a lot of people are claiming they do. Maybe I can make that judgement because I didn't jump right from Jordan's to ultra boosts that I assume a lot of people did. But to me it seems pretty clear than UB are selling the way they do still has a large part to do with hype.

I think it's funny how sneakerheads change tunes so often. I remember back in 2010-2013 when people went crazy paying $250 on average for every GR to drop, and those were all slightly less to much worse quality than anything that's released under the remastered label. I bought into the remastered at first and got disappointed like a lot of people because I wasn't getting a completely redone shoe. And then I started realizing something After listening to some members that have been involved in Nike/JB focus groups. I was complaining about how the Bordeaux 7s weren't better than the previous release and then I realized something, I don't have to get up and camp out for the Jordan's I want anymore, I don't have to worry about preordering or paying s reseller more than what we pay now, paint isn't chipping after 2-3 wears, heck for a lot of customers Nike eliminated the whole arduous waiting in line/raffle ticket/getting out of bed experience all together and reserved the shoe for us AND didn't exclude them from discount. I understand the $220 vs quality perspective, I really do, but do you guys not remember how hard it used to be to get Retros Not even 6 years ago? Do you not remember how dirty the game had gotten for anyone really into Jordan's back then? I know a lot of y'all want to say Jordan's are easy to get because they're not popular anymore and i say time and time again that's probably the most uniformed response you could come up with. In actuallity nike has literally gone through dozens of changes to make the sneaker buying experience as simple, easy, and as peasant as possible and have made most of their shoes more accessible. And all comes from listening to the customer. You want to justify the price increase? Chalk it up to that. Not one single other company making kicks right now gives the customer the access and experience that Nike does. Definitely not adidas. And this is coming from a guy whose last 4/6 sneakers were adidas.

But maybe none of that matters to hype beasts and trend chasers.

View media item 2275982

View media item 1699066

This is a ZX7000

View media item 2276137

The tubular design is closer to that than the roshe. I don't see the similarity with the latter unless we're talking about black one piece uppers sitting on white midsoles.

I'm not really on the camp of it looking like Roshes (I'm not the one that stated that) but it's likely the thick white midsole and the upper being tonal black.

its like when a dude gets dubbed by a chick, he bags a nice looking broad afterwards, and any chance he gets, will throw dirt on da other dame who rebuffed his advances.

alot of these Adidas cats are da untold number of folks that been striking out for years on releases, acting like bitter exes wishing something bsd happens to you :lol:

Same dudes rocking Yeezy were the ones paying $750+ for Jordan 1's a few years back

these look better than any shoe kanye has made with adidas

the hardens look better than any shoe kanye has made with adidas.
you on that loud...

and judging from your previous posts about anything about fashion you tastes are extremely questionable.

but then again you are from south carolina so it's not really your fault

Nah I don't see it.

i don't understand why people get mad at adidas or nike...why do you have to choose sides? 
laugh.gif

if your closet is full of shoes boxes from one single brand you already lost. 

Back
Top Bottom