Have Jordans jumped the shark?

XVI's had da most inaccurate reputation of "sitting" when they ALWAYS sold out, at least da 1st 2 color ways.
Blk red and white navy sold quick.

Gingers and woods and all flavors of the lows rotted pretty hard up here tho.

I was in Newcastle england when the blk red dropped...I wasnt trying to mess with the high british pricing on them tho.

They were available all over as you said tho, otherwise they never woukd have been there. There had to be under 100 basketball players in the city at the time. 

I was just in the stores yesterday

16s ain't going nowhere

although they would sell better at the og price point

so people dont care about all of the ones after the 6's

indifferent.gif
what are you even talking about.

Are these 3s still made out of plastic? I got the fire red 3s a few years ago as a gift, and they looked so damn cheap. The shape was horrendous and clunky too. Gave them away to the homeless shelter

Last edited:
Maybe limited is a better word to use instead of exclusive. 400 people outside, 12 pair to a store. That's going to create some allure because everyone wants it but only a few can get it. Not to mention the price.

And considering the price, yes, these can be looked at ad somewhat of a luxury item/status symbol;in reference to the other guy that quoted me.

Jordan's were never limited, it's just a bunch of people never cared about them or they were too expensive. I used to find Jordans at outlets, and not that $169 or $179 crap they do now. You could get Jordans for $49 and $79.

They had an allure because Jordan played in them or because they're Jordans, that's still the case.

Them having more in the stores than they did in the stores previously, totally negates this topic. That means they're selling more than ever, and without chaos ensuing to get them.

Just like people are turned off, because people have the sneaker, a lot of people want them, because people do.

even the limited jordans would still make it to the outlets before the hype took off.  i remember buying FTLOG IXs from an  outlet for 89.99 
laugh.gif
 beat em all summer then gave em away. 

now i look on flightclub they $700+ i shoulda doubled up
laugh.gif
mean.gif

i beg to differ, jacking up MSRP prices because there are packaging da kicks in heritage box design and harking back to da golden era are a classic Nostalgia grab cuz da Original fans have more disposable income.

da kiddies aint care bout nike air branding, da OGers were da ones clamoring for em.

MSRP for Jays are right on line with inflation.

Harking back by simply releasing retros? Go look at the colors and tell me they have 33 year old men in mind.

And with the box and Nike on the back...

How long did that take, though?

Last edited:
Copped 4 pairs of Jordans this holiday season. They arent dead to me

Copped 4 pairs of Jordans this holiday season. They arent dead to me

i beg to differ, jacking up MSRP prices because there are packaging da kicks in heritage box design and harking back to da golden era are a classic Nostalgia grab cuz da Original fans have more disposable income.

da kiddies aint care bout nike air branding, da OGers were da ones clamoring for em.

MSRP for Jays are right on line with inflation.

Harking back by simply releasing retros? Go look at the colors and tell me they have 33 year old men in mind.

And with the box and Nike on the back...

How long did that take, though?

:lol: @ whoever believes da inflation hornswoggle

Air Jordan IV's retail for 219 and nike Flight 89's which are using da EXACT same tooling cost (and BTW used it first) for damn near da same price as 1989.

they can charge a premium for Jordans cuz its brand prestige, which has accured over decades, loyality fermented over of generations of fans.

Jordans flagship line caters to older heads, and they make all those team jumpmans & fusions for da great unwashed casual consumer that just wants to rock something with a Jumpman.

Had no idea the space jams came out [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji] hardddddd

those adidas look better than the yeezys as well.

the brons look better than those too.

the devil is in the details.

the "caged sock" has been done since the year 2000.

Not a reach at all. The design elements from the X, heel, mountains on the forefoot area and more.

But aren't those Adidas tubulars pretty much ripped from Prestos/Huaraches silhouette?

The height just happens to be exaggerated on the Tubular X but the first Tubulars are about the same height as Nikes.

And those "mountain" details in the forefoot is a classic design detail, that details is actually very reminiscent of the Air Max toes on the Adidas while it doesn't even look like that on the Lebron 14s.

It's similar to KD9s honeycomb upper design being given credit to Adidas when that style has been used on Nike soccer shoes for maybe a decade now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom