Have Jordans jumped the shark?

I get what shawndavinci shawndavinci is saying. There's this new breed of "sneaker head" that only live to violently cape for adidas and put down Nike like its some new fad. You see it in the boost thread, you see it in the yeezy thread, and you see it in non adidas threads too. For instance, the other day this dude literally made an account to comment in the lunar charge thread to talk about how adidas is the best and Nike isn't innovative and their shoes are trash and uncomfortable. Ironically these stans cape for adidas off the strength of just 3 lines, ultra boosts, yeezys, and NMDs but when it comes to the multitude of other things adidas offers like the alpha bounce or Y-3 or the other tons equally great but no hype adidas models they're now where to be found. Call it making an assumption but those specific types of dudes are lame hype beast trend hoppers and they're all over NT and Reddit and social media. I've got no problem with liking specific brands or models if that's your preferences but those dudes are toxic to any sneaker conversation and contribute nothing.

Last edited:
You are a marketing teams dream :rofl:

If it is literally the reason you bought them then you'd have to be walking around Footlocker in the 90s, saw them on the shelf, thought "wow, these kicks remind me of a Ferrari!", "oh I didn't even notice the Jumpman, these appear to be Jordans".

Just shut up cuz you know it didn't go down like that. You were introduced to the design BECAUSE of Kobe and BECAUSE of MJ. The same way many people were introduced to the Ultra Boost BECAUSE of Kanye. The athelete/celebrity endorsement is meant to introduce consumers to a product, obviously the athelete/celebrity is not the ONLY reason people are buying their kicks. In some cases, maybe. But it's ridiclously hypocritical of you to say anyone who buys Adidas because of Kanye is lame, since you are inferring that is the sole reason. Like you think are the only one that can appreciate "design" because Nike's brilliant marketing team duped your dumbass into believing it was about Ferrarri? :rofl:
Na thats literally you the guy who says he buys Adidas because he saw Kanye wearing them

Yeah I said that. I said it was good marketing from Adidas to get a celebrity who is known for having good taste in sneakers wear their shoes. That is how I was introduced to the Ultra Boost line. But it is not the reason I bought the Y-3 Ultra Boost ZG or Ultra Boost 3.0 I posted on the last page. I've never seen Kanye wear either of those kicks. I don't own any Yeezys. Only pair I ever had was the Zen 1s.

Your assumptions are just hypocritical.

Just copped for less than $100 off eastbay 
pimp.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I said that. I said it was good marketing from Adidas to get a celebrity who is known for having good taste in sneakers wear their shoes. That is how I was introduced to the Ultra Boost line. But it is not the reason I bought the Y-3 Ultra Boost ZG or Ultra Boost 3.0 I posted on the last page. I've never seen Kanye wear either of those kicks. I don't own any Yeezys. Only pair I ever had was the Zen 1s.

"Kanye is wearing them, I must have them!" looking boy

I get what @ShawnDaVinci is saying. There's this new breed of "sneaker head" that only live to violently cape for adidas put down Nike like its some new fad. You see it in the boost thread, you see it in the yeezy thread, and you see it in non adidas threads too. For instance, the other day this dude literally made an account to comment in the lunar charge thread to talk about how adidas is the best and Nike isn't innovative and their shoes are trash and uncomfortable. Ironically these stans cape for adidas off the strength of just 3 lines, ultra boosts, yeezys, and NMDs but when it comes to the multitude of other things adidas offers like the alpha bounce or Y-3 or the other tons equally great but no hype adidas models they're now where to be found. Call it making an assumption but those specific types of dudes are lame hype beast trend hoppers and they're all over NT and Reddit and social media. I've got no problem with liking specific brands or models if that's your preferences but those dudes are toxic to any sneaker conversation and contribute nothing.
so y'all dudes really pay attention to what social media kids?

i'm 33 years old. I wear what I like. Nike, adidas, etc.

y'all put too much effort making assumptions instead of worrying about yourselves.

you see how hard that dude is going at Henny?

[thread="657225"]Quote:[/thread]

"Kanye is wearing them, I must have them!" looking boy

If you want to assume that is my thought process that's fine :lol:

I know anyone who does the played out "multicolor flyknit" upper on some IDs and engraves their name as "$H@WN" is an herb any way.

If you want to assume that is my thought process that's fine
laugh.gif

I know anyone who does the played out "multicolor flyknit" upper on some IDs and engraves their name as "$H@WN" is an herb any way.
But everything in my closet is mass produced? It's clear who the herb is and he buys his shoes based on what Ye rocks.

y'all put too much effort making assumptions instead of worrying about yourselves.

What effort does it take to assume when you're having a convo in a Nike sneaker thread and some random person with zero posts comes in literally just to bash Nike and cape for adidas? You make it seem like I'm going out of my way to seek out people's opinions so that I can make assumptions. This happens on NT regularly. I can't even count how many times I've read the words "this Nike vs adidas debate is getting tired" specifically brought on because of said caping, it happens on the Nike side too but way more often for adidas.

For the record i wear sneakers across all brands as well.

I get what [@=https://niketalk.com/members/110459"sneaker head" that only live to violently cape for adidas put down Nike like its some new fad. You see it in the boost thread, you see it in the yeezy thread, and you see it in non adidas threads too. For instance, the other day this dude literally made an account to comment in the lunar charge thread to talk about how adidas is the best and Nike isn't innovative and their shoes are trash and uncomfortable. Ironically these stans cape for adidas off the strength of just 3 lines, ultra boosts, yeezys, and NMDs but when it comes to the multitude of other things adidas offers like the alpha bounce or Y-3 or the other tons equally great but no hype adidas models they're now where to be found. Call it making an assumption but those specific types of dudes are lame hype beast trend hoppers and they're all over NT and Reddit and social media. I've got no problem with liking specific brands or models if that's your preferences but those dudes are toxic to any sneaker conversation and contribute nothing.

Bingo. I'm 27 and I don't have any social media besides NT. I don't know what kids are doing on social media but apparently some people pay attention enough that it bothers them and assume anyone with some of the same gear as these annoying kids must be the same? It's such an absurd and immature assumption. Y'all really have got to find better **** to worry about :lol: I 'm not in the sneaker/clothing scene like that any more.

I just incorporated a business as $H@WN is IDing rainbow sneakers engraved with his name like those old school h00drat nameplate necklaces birds used to wear back in the day, hating on people wearing Adidas, claiming he buys Kobe and Jordan sneakers because the design was inspired by a car.

Who's the lame?

Bingo. I'm 27 and I don't have any social media besides NT. I don't know what kids are doing on social media but apparently some people pay attention enough that it bothers them and assume anyone with some of the same gear as these annoying kids must be the same? It's such an absurd and immature assumption. Y'all really have got to find better **** to worry about
laugh.gif
I 'm not in the sneaker/clothing scene like that any more.

I just incorporated a business as $H@WN is IDing rainbow sneakers engraved with his name like those old school h00drat nameplate necklaces birds used to wear back in the day, hating on people wearing Adidas, claiming he buys Kobe and Jordan sneakers because the design was inspired by a car.

Who's the lame?
It takes 30 min. to incorporate a business, congrats. Been there done that and we are the same age.

I like good design, if thats lame so be it. To me a grown man buying shoes solely because he saw another grown man with them is lame.

Keep buying your shoes SOLELY because of the design, as you claim. I will keep buying shoes SOLELY because I saw another man wear them, as you claim.

In reality, it's a mix of both reasons any time any one buys a athelete/celebrity endorsed sneaker. You fail to accept that for some strange reason.

Last edited:
Bingo. I'm 27 and I don't have any social media besides NT. I don't know what kids are doing on social media but apparently some people pay attention enough that it bothers them and assume anyone with some of the same gear as these annoying kids must be the same? It's such an absurd and immature assumption. Y'all really have got to find better **** to worry about :lol: I 'm not in the sneaker/clothing scene like that any more.

I'm not sure if this directed at me because Instagram was responding to me but at no point did I make an assumption about people that wear adidas. I spoke about a specific kind of person that seems to be becoming more and more prevalent on not just social media but on NT as well, which is by far my most used form to date. But play up the social media tidbit if that's what you want to do. I don't care that people have different reasons for buying what they buy, what I don't like is that you can't come on NT anymore and have an objective conversation about sneakers without some coming in and caping for adidas for no reason.

I'm not sure if this directed at me because Instagram was responding to me but at no point did I make an assumption about people that wear adidas. I spoke about a specific kind of person that seems to be becoming more and more prevalent on not just social media but on NT as well, which is by far my most used form to date. But play up the social media tidbit if that's what you want to do. I don't care that people have different reasons for buying what they buy, what I don't like is that you can't come on NT anymore and have an objective conversation about sneakers without some coming in and caping for adidas for no reason.

Nah I wasn't coming at you but I was using what you claim to have seen to support my argument. I guess there are some guys out there like that making Davinci so upset he goes in on anyone who wears Adidas.

Really, I don't know how I got caught up in this dumb *** argument. I was just trying to show Davinci that at least subconsciously his reasons for buying sneakers is the same as everyone else. Because of marketing. He just thinks he's special and cited "design" as his ONLY reason for buying sneakers. That's a marketing ploy in itself right there. "Let's associate a high end luxury sports car with a sneaker, consumers will love this." And they did. Davinci ******* loved it.

Now what he's claiming is nonsense. This fool did not go into a shoe store with no knowledge of Air Jordans, saw the XIV, ignored the Jumpman logo, associated it with a Ferrarri, and bought them off that. We don't believe you you need more people. Just like I don't believe people are buying Adidas ONLY because Yeezy wore them...we're not talking about Adidas Yeezys, just Adidas in general. Dude is delusional and he knows it because he keeps repeating the same **** and I'm calling it before he even says it which is even funnier.

He will come back and repeat that I wear Adidas SOLELY because of Ye to retort this because he has no mental cognition.

Last edited:
Nah I wasn't coming at you but I was using what you claim to have seen to support my argument. I guess there are some guys out there like that making Davinci so upset he goes in on anyone who wears Adidas.

Yeah I wouldn't go that far, I wear adidas myself

I get what shawndavinci shawndavinci is saying. There's this new breed of "sneaker head" that only live to violently cape for adidas and put down Nike like its some new fad. You see it in the boost thread, you see it in the yeezy thread, and you see it in non adidas threads too. For instance, the other day this dude literally made an account to comment in the lunar charge thread to talk about how adidas is the best and Nike isn't innovative and their shoes are trash and uncomfortable. Ironically these stans cape for adidas off the strength of just 3 lines, ultra boosts, yeezys, and NMDs but when it comes to the multitude of other things adidas offers like the alpha bounce or Y-3 or the other tons equally great but no hype adidas models they're now where to be found. Call it making an assumption but those specific types of dudes are lame hype beast trend hoppers and they're all over NT and Reddit and social media. I've got no problem with liking specific brands or models if that's your preferences but those dudes are toxic to any sneaker conversation and contribute nothing.

Back when other forums were poppin, you'd see the same kind of nonsense from nike fans in non-nike sneaker discussions.

I think the og colorways and certain models will never go out of style (1,3-6,11-13, etc) but couldn't care less about the fusions and crappy colorways. Some may think I'm too old to be buying J's but I buy what I like and what I will wear. Recently returned a couple pairs that I bought but knew would never wear.

Who's the lame?
It takes 30 min. to incorporate a business, congrats. Been there done that and we are the same age.

I like good design, if thats lame so be it. To me a grown man buying shoes solely because he saw another grown man with them is lame.

A grown man catching feelings over what another man wears and going out of his way to make an argument that stereotypes a demographic is equally lame.

Haven't bought a pair of adidas in over 10 years so I give a **** less about the yeezy whatever's too

But this is the exact reason why people wear jordans

jordan 29...30...31 tho.

also all the little kids who wear jordans never seen jordan play.

like with the yeezys its more of what they represent than what they look like. kinda like some of supremes stuff.

that being said. i like adidas boost shoes. have 3. the adidas vs nike **** is tired.

they both make good shoes.

but these are ******* terrible imo

View media item 2279777
and I'm not just saying that cuz I'm pro nike or anti adidas or anti kanye cuz I'm none of that.

they're just ugly. every single shoe posted in this thread looks better than those

i like every other sneaker kanye west has designed....even these
View media item 2279780

if someone gave me those 350s i would just sell them.

to each his own tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom