Have you heard of Jeremy Lin? Holding it down for the Asians

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yeah, he was offered a walk-on at Cal I believe too. He should def. be playing somewhere in California and not at Harvard.
smh.gif
Man I don't give a %*%@. If I got a chance to go to Harvard, I'm going. Playing ball would just be a perk

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

last time i checked Yao was holding it down for the asians

Yea, but he's not a guard. Trust me, when an Asian or an Asian American guard makes it to the nba and sticks with an nba roster and is able to contribute(not saying it will be Jeremy Lin), all Asians/Pacific Islanders everywhere will put him in the all star game
laugh.gif
Doesn't matter if he's not even that nice (by nba standards)

There's never been an Asian-American basketball player that could hoop at a higher level. There's never been a guard that could either.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yeah, he was offered a walk-on at Cal I believe too. He should def. be playing somewhere in California and not at Harvard.
smh.gif
Man I don't give a %*%@. If I got a chance to go to Harvard, I'm going. Playing ball would just be a perk
Definitely, but I'm saying, he could definitely play ball at the top bball programs in the country.

He's def. holding it down for the Taiwanese-Americans like me
laugh.gif
, butalso Asian-Americans in general
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Yea, but he's not a guard. Trust me, when an Asian or an Asian American guard makes it to the nba and sticks with an nba roster and is able to contribute (not saying it will be Jeremy Lin), all Asians/Pacific Islanders everywhere will put him in the all star game
laugh.gif
Doesn't matter if he's not even that nice (by nba standards)
tru but if hes sticking with an nba roster and contributes hes probly good no matter what so hed deserve his spot if anything and since there isalways a stereotype w/ asians and their size and ability athletically if it does ever happen to an asian guard...

Yao doesnt count and hes not really holding it down with all his injuries and sitting out all season

Stanford shoulda gave him a Scholly. Him + the Lopez Twins coulda done MORE damage in the Tourney that one time they went deep with Trent Johnson.

BTW all them other Asian NBA'ers don't count because they're not Asian-American. I want to see an Asian-American baller make some noise in theL.....

yessir...it will happen some time...with all the asian leagues throughout california one prospect should make it soon, not sure about other states?....itsstarting to become a tradition to put ur kid into some sort of basketball organization or camps very young....

interesting how the asians are all rooting for him no matter what. It's like me getting hyped if a jamaican makes it to the league and i'm Haitian,

moreso because he's the first asian-american to do something on the bigger stage (college, maybe pro perhaps) in basketball. i imagine alot of us that post here are in that group.

i could go on more about the dynamics of what asians are perceived as and the culture for asian-americans and stuff but it's not worth spending time onthat stuff.

As much as I want an Asian-American to make it big..I don't really see anything special with this kid. There are plenty of players with his type of skillsall over the NCAA. After watching the 9:00 min Youtube highlight of him, his court vision is so so. I do hope a team picks him up though. Maybe he can learnmore in the L and develop into a better player.

No hype on him at all. He did win states and he has been putting up solid numbers across the board throughout his high school and college career tho

I'm just askin what everyone thot of the guy cuz I played against him and palyed with him. He tried out for one of my tourney teams too so its kinda coolto see his success and him develope

Never heard of him until I saw this post..... but I'm def rooting for him! I played all the asian league/club teams so to see someone make it would bepretty crazy. Sure tabuse, yao, and a few others made it but not one asian-american has yet to do it, unless you count rex walters but he was only half.I'm hoping for a late 2nd rounder, someone like the warriors should pick him, it would def get them a boost in attendance.

hope.
but hey he has that harvard education and can ball.
he's pretty much made if he makes it in the nba, if not.
sitting in a corporate office with that degree.
inverted catch-22

i saw his game against GWU. he had some big plays. near the end of the first half, including a steal at halfcourt which he ran back for a dunk and then thevery next possession, he took his man off the dribble and popped a 3 in his face as time expired giving Harvard a 3 point lead at the half... all this whilestill having cotton plugged up his nose from getting whacked in the face a few minutes before

finished with 17 pts, 8 boards, 5 asts, and 7 stls

his confidence and composure is definitely above average, he didnt force up any shots and looks for his teammates first

though hes deceptively quick and can dunk, hes not a great athlete but he stays within his game and does it effectively... shooting from midrange and longrange, driving to the hoop, finding his big men under the rim and playing the passing lanes

well for the local heads up here , hes back "home" playin against santa clara. not to bad of a drive to see him play here

im in san jose and im rollin out to see it

Back
Top Bottom