Having siblings that are video game addicts UNappreciation vol. COD for 7 hours straight.......

One of my friends is 22 years old, and he threw a chair at full force at his door because he kept losin at Punch-Out... on the Wii. His immaturity when itcomes to video games still hasn't progressed any from when he was a little kid.
smh.gif

i play COD 4 alot lol but thats when there's nothing to do or after workouts when i am to sore to do anything lol.

This entire topic imo is $#$%!$!+.

I'm 20 so I'm still young but I remember playing ghost recon for the original xbox from like 5pm to 5am every day one summer on live and its one of mybest memories. I use to sprint to the bathroom downstairs to get back up by the time the next match started.
laugh.gif
I was nice at it. I met people who I still wish I was in contact with today,had tons of fun, etc. A book i suggest is Steven Johnsons everything bad is good for you. Just because you are playing video games does not mean you are happyor having fun for one thing. Cognitive skills developed are more than just the handeye coordination nonsense. and just because you enjoy doing something a lotdoesn't mean you are addicted. Despite all the xbox live in the world I still enjoyed and usually did stay over friends house for the full weekend. Evenplay basketball all day. I barely even touch games now and live is just as fun.

you need girls to get him away from the screen. my cousin would play so long he would fall asleep playing. now hes got a girlfriend he plays like once a month.

i remember when i was deep into counterstrike. i used to play from morning to midnight every single day (well, during summer.) when it was school days, i'dget on as soon as i got home till midnight. gave me great hand eye coordination, but didn't help with my grades
laugh.gif

My brother is 25 and he has a good paying job... But all he does when he's not at work it sit at home and play video games!

I'll come home drunk as hell at 4 am... and he's still in the room talking on that damn handset playing xbox live

haha man I used to be addicted to gaming!
Every single day I would play Halo 2 back in like 7th grade, it was crazy. Even did like glitches and ##% to get out of levels and go on websites.
Now I don't even play games anymore really, but best believe I'll be up on that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I used to get it in on COD4 but I got red rings
mad.gif

I waited til mostly everyone was sleep, start at like midnight then play a few hours.

I have friends and social skills too so it was straight. This was mainly during the week

laugh.gif
my lil cuz is like this. i think he is 12...... be playin non stopeveryday man. most kids like this end up virgins, living in moms basement
laugh.gif

but really thats too much playing video games

I feel for you...I use to play video games all the time but I sold my Xbox 360 and now I only play if I am invited over to a friend's house to play.It's weird because I thought I would miss my 360 but I don't really miss it at all...guess I have other things that take priority now.

Originally Posted by k HAN 206

Like the title saids, anyone else have this problem? No matter how hard I try to pry my brother away from the TV screen/computer screen it doesn't help.

Even when its super sunny out, his idea of a good time is spending hours playing Live. Its becoming a serious problem, my brother is now one of those "video heads." I don't want him to end up like those South Koreans who spend like 80% of their conscious time in front of a screen. Any help or advice?

Really??
indifferent.gif

That's how i was last year just non stop playing COD4 and Halo 3
but now this year i got kinda tired of it and hang out with friends a lot more
oh I'm 13 by the way

Originally Posted by northparkblind

k HAN 206 said:
Like the title saids, anyone else have this problem? No matter how hard I try to pry my brother away from the TV screen/computer screen it doesn't help.

Even when its super sunny out, his idea of a good time is spending hours playing Live. Its becoming a serious problem, my brother is now one of those "video heads." I don't want him to end up like those South Koreans who spend like 80% of their conscious time in front of a screen. Any help or advice?

Really??
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom