HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The series finale director, Mimi Leder finally reveals her take on what really happened with Nora:

Leder explained:
“I think that people have belief systems, and I think she believes she went through because I think we all need stories to tell ourselves to get through this life. We tell ourselves stories to survive. So, do I think she went through? No.”

Source

So its simple, it was just another con and made up story to lie and get money.

After the departures there really weren't any other supernatural events.

On episode 8, watching for the 1st time

but just knew as soon as this chick showed up things were going south

1596846890457.jpeg

I don’t even watch handmaidens and I know this bish

1596846966334.jpeg

On episode 8, watching for the 1st time

but just knew as soon as this chick showed up things were going south

1596846890457.jpeg

I don’t even watch handmaidens and I know this bish

1596846966334.jpeg

Gonna need your takes once you get to szn 2

Gonna need your takes once you get to szn 2

on season 1?

or once I’m actually done with season 2?

im trying not get lost invested, but they got a ton of shh going that I assume ain’t going be answered

like whatever the deal with that National Geographic mag was.. or with the animals

but kept seeing/hearing how good it was/is, so needed to check it.. but don’t trust lindelof

on season 1?

im trying not get lost invested, but they got a ton of shh going that I assume ain’t going be answered

like whatever the deal with that National Geographic mag was.. or with the animals

but kept seeing/hearing how good it was/is, so needed to check it.. but don’t trust lindelof

Man every time this thread gets bumped i get a lil excited like maybe

Your questions will not get answered by the show :lol:

on season 1?

Yeah get to szn 2, more cohesive than szn 1 which is kinda open ended af

Szn 1 is closely tied to the book and while I think it's good, Lindelof being able to expand beyond the book made for better television after szn 1.

I really need to go back and rewatch this myself

Yeah Lindelof made it very clear this time around its about the story not getting answers to your questions cuz you know thats life.

Don’t get me wrong season 1 is good, real good

but they building up questions and I know dude‘s history with answering

and I’ve already looked up stuff just so I wouldn’t go certain ways with it

on season 1?

The first season is pretty depressing even Lindelof said he was in a very dark place while filming season 1. Season 2 is incredible, but different. The national geographic magazine does have some meaning but not really much it lingers all the way to season 3.

Lol.. forgot about the Wayne shhh going on with the son’s storyline

but yea a lot of threads going.. lindelof with sci-fi, I need to get solid opinions before I jump out after lost and others

just looking on his IMDb he got so much stuff I was looking forward to to some degree and ended up disappointed.. like Prometheus, Tomorrowland, world war z.. shhh even cowboys and aliens I thought would at least be solid with fareau coming off of First ironman

Jesus.. just got to the part with the dolls.. someone was going have to die

S2>s3>s1. ImO. S2 was amazing tv. Loved this show though. My friend even named one of his kids after a character in this show. :lol:

Damn thats devotion
They finish the show and were like
"Thats it, Naming my kid
the-leftovers-frasier1.gif

:lol: idk if it was completely because of leftovers but it was part of the reason for the name. My sons name was inspired by a few different people. It’s still better than the dude I worked with that named their kid after an actor from Can’t Hardly Wait. He claimed when she was pregnant they were laying in bed watching the movie and when the credits rolled they just really liked the name. :lol:

Reminds me, I want to do a rewatch of this pretty soon. Show was amazing. Sometimes forget how great it is. I think it's probably top 3-5 for me.

Just started a Lost rewatch, too.:ohwell::lol:

Lindelof is easily one of my favorites. International Assassin is one of my favorite hours of television ever.
Now after Watchmen with his shows being so top heavy on my list, Lindelof might be the GOAT.

GOAT of wa?

dude is the goods or can be.. he’s great at building shh up, but he fumbles the ball ALOT

im trying think of the best analogy for dude player wise

watchman was him actually putting everything together and delivering

lost the wheels fell all the way off the last 2 seasons and to close.. I’m watching this for the 1st time and I can already seee he won’t deliver (I’m 7 episodes into 2nd season).. it‘s like with Prometheus, movie could have been sooooo good

give me David Simon or Vince Gilligan since they actually delivered on their masterpieces and have solid work to go with it

Back
Top Bottom