HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thank you for that response, I can't believe I forgot all of that, :smh:...Now I remember Nora either buying a machine or paying someone to send her there. Did they say how it happened in the first place? What caused the 2% to vanish to the alternate universe?
Nope never explained why. I always assumed it was a rapture like event in Szn 1 based off the book but the finale changed all that :lol:

I dunno what’s wrong with me but this scene made me fall in love with Nora bae. One of my all time fave scenes from a show.

Nora is one of my favorite literary characters all time
I was already very much in love with her while reading the book, but what Carrie did on the show elevated her to a whole nother level

Reminds me, I want to do a rewatch of this pretty soon. Show was amazing. Sometimes forget how great it is. I think it's probably top 3-5 for me.

Just started a Lost rewatch, too.:ohwell::lol:

Lindelof is easily one of my favorites. International Assassin is one of my favorite hours of television ever.

if someone loves LOSTso much to rewatch it like me, I always recommend watching chronologically LOST.

It's LOST literally in chronological order
so you'd start with Jacob and his mom and bro, then the 70's, then go through all the flashbacks, then the time on the island, flashforwards and so on....
The thing that is really cool, besides it being in order like that, is that when events that happen at the same time on the show happen
you get these mini screens that pop up and portray the events at the same time.
While many things on the show happen at the same time, the highlight by far is the actual plane crash, you not only get whats going on in the plane but you also get that scene with Ben watching and sending Goodwin to infiltrate the survivors.
It's done extremely well. Here's a video with all those split screen scenes in one video

you can find it here
http://www.chronologicallylost.com
It is for download, or by now I'm sure streaming, and the creators did support it, so I don't think I'm out of range on posting a link here
If I'am mods please let me know.

I always say The Leftovers is the greatest TV show nobody watched

Oh yeah chronologically Lost was dope. Just have to get past some of the super short or random flashback scenes that occur :lol:

Not recommended if this isnyour first Lost watch.

A Leftovers rewatch is very intriguing. Show brings the feels so if for only the score and soundtrack it'd be great.

Show is so underrated. I think a lot of people stopped after season 1 or the beginning of season 2. Show was depressing but was so great at displaying people’s emotions and how lost they felt. It was also weird which I loved.

Never watched Lost. A few episodes when it first aired when I was a kid, but don't remember any of it.

show was so damn confusing
but i had to keep watching
its wild
this show edges out game of thrones
GoT went from top 5
to not mentioned at all :smh:

I've always said bar none LOST had the greatest first 3 seasons of ANY show

I always go back and forth between the best season between 2 and 3, because 2 had that streak of 5-6 episodes where every episodes ending left me like :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Season 3 finale is easily one of the best season finales of all time though.

I remember literally jumping up and down during that final minute :lol:

legit couldn't get the words out or compute what I was watching

glad to hear people are starting it. I always find it hard to recommend it because it was one of those shows I watched in real time and part of the fun was watching it week to week, theorizing with my boys, and those long breaks during summer, and the crazy coverage it was getting.
It was pretty cool to be a part of that looking back.

Nora is one of my favorite literary characters all time
I was already very much in love with her while reading the book, but what Carrie did on the show elevated her to a whole nother level

if someone loves LOSTso much to rewatch it like me, I always recommend watching chronologically LOST.

It's LOST literally in chronological order
so you'd start with Jacob and his mom and bro, then the 70's, then go through all the flashbacks, then the time on the island, flashforwards and so on....
The thing that is really cool, besides it being in order like that, is that when events that happen at the same time on the show happen
you get these mini screens that pop up and portray the events at the same time.
While many things on the show happen at the same time, the highlight by far is the actual plane crash, you not only get whats going on in the plane but you also get that scene with Ben watching and sending Goodwin to infiltrate the survivors.
It's done extremely well. Here's a video with all those split screen scenes in one video

you can find it here
http://www.chronologicallylost.com
It is for download, or by now I'm sure streaming, and the creators did support it, so I don't think I'm out of range on posting a link here
If I'am mods please let me know.

I always say The Leftovers is the greatest TV show nobody watched

Ah, I actually came across this a while back, but was worried that the editing might take away from it. Did not know it was so detailed as to splitscreen the stuff that happens concurrently.

Might actually check this out and switch up the regular rewatch.

Thanks for this.

Coming in here catching up on my Watched threads and I see this.

I started randomly watching Lost on Netflix like two weeks ago. :lol:

I'm already halfway through season 2.

Season 1 was some epic television and Evangeline Lilly looking right too.
I forgot how they started out the series. Back to back to back to back great episodes fleshing out each character.

They were winging it with the story, but they really took the right time with the characters. I'm still on season 1, but I don't see how the show gets better (even though I know it does). That first season pulls you all the way in, man. Great television.

Get ready for Lost s3 best season imo.

That could've been s4 but it got shortened due to the writer's strike.

I meant to say rewatch. :lol:

I watched it during it's original run, was heavy in the NT Lost thread too.

Had it in my Netflix queue for the longest, and finally started it up..again.

Lost was some epic television (the first few seasons at least). The storytelling and how the characters were interwoven with each before crashing on the Island was brilliant.

Then Lindelof got too smart for his own good and it became a convoluted mess.

It's crazy seeing some of these cameos on the show. Like Claire from Modern Family being Jack's wife, and I memba Abby from Ray Donovan being an Other.

i’m in the minority when i say i liked the movie. it was just like the comic which i guess most people thought it didn’t translate well when done like that.

the trailer looks good though. i’m in!

I was taking a poo poo and this thought occurred to me....what if The Leftovers event was caused by......

MilkyBriskAnura-size_restricted.gif

Well then they convienently never mention super heroes like Iron Man or Shield or the alien invasion of NYC :lol:

Well only a small percentage dissapeared on the show compared to half the universe in iw.

Back
Top Bottom