HBO Michael Jackson doc 'Leaving Neverland'

I didn’t see it but I heard the people at work talk about it. Where I work, we get paid to read people’s body language. I’m not going into detail where I work or what I do cause my own wife don’t know what the **** I do.
giphy.gif

I wouldn't call what Wade did a "flip flop", because I've actually watched the Doc now.
Before watching, hell just 2 days ago I was singing that ol "Wade is salty his story isn't credible yada yada'......but then I watched the Doc and made up my own mind, instead of regurgitating my Old opinion from years ago when I remembered Wade defending him.

.. but I'm not about to debate any of this Documentary with ppl who HAVEN'T watched the Documentary.:rofl:
That would be silly of me.

The doc teeters on pushing the normalization of pedo based relationships and puts even more ambiguity in the concept of abuse. A concept that we as an entire species have no idea how to understand.

Once people realize what abuse actually is, they'll be more likely to see how obviously abusive Michael Jackson really was. In real life, it's much harder to diagnose abuse because if your abuser is good enough, he'll make it feel and seem good and normal. Over half of sexual abuse victims are of the grooming variety. It isn't the "Put the knife by the throat and threaten to kill you if you don't give it up and if you tell anyone I'll kill you and your family" and you will hardly be able to tell physically when someone is abused. it's much more complex than that. Great abusers do an incredible job of blurring relationship lines with their victims, and this was Michael Jackson in my opinion.

At the end of the day though, no one knows but Michael and the men that he spent his time with but the guy built a theme park for kids in his 30's and had sleepovers with young boys...and you're choosing to say that these men are lying? That's incredible.

The facts don’t support the two men though. They’ve been caught lying so why should we believe everything they say?

There aren’t any facts.

People lie and then switch up though. That's not really a new phenomenon. Especially in a high profile case with big money and reputations on the line.

Michael Cohen is an incredible liar, but I believe everything he says about Donald Trump.

If he wasn’t Michael Jackson, we wouldn’t be talking about this doc or even aware of it

1) He is Michael Jackson so that's irrelevant. It is what it is.

2) If he wasn't Michael Jackson he'd be behind bars right now. No grown man parading around with young boys, openly having sleepovers with them, is getting acquitted on child molestation charges unless they're Michael Jackson. It's actually insane that people will go to these lengths just to find some reasonable doubt.

I remember the Wade Robson cat.
He ran one of the Dance crews in one of those dance movies, I think the one with Omarion or Stomp the Yard.
He also did a dance show for MTV and some judging on one of those shows, ABDC maybe?

I remember him backing Michael is Mikes last public trial too, so it’s hard to take him serious now.

This is some graphic stuff though, Damn HBO hung it’s hat on this one, I can’t believe it.
This was me 2 days ago, before I watched....and of course now.........I for sure take Wade serious.
So the Old "no reason to watch because dude is a flip flopper" won't work, because I DO feel there is a reason to watch.
I just went through it.

Basically the reasons for not watching the doc amount to having already developed a counter-narrative to what the doc alleges and being afraid of having that narrative challenged
Bingo.
I mean, if someone is trying to Feed you and you are hungry, eat.

This was me 2 days ago, before I watched....and of course now.........I for sure take Wade serious.
So the Old "no reason to watch because dude is a flip flopper" won't work, because I DO feel there is a reason to watch.
I just went through it.

I heard people say Wade comes off in love with MJ and obsessed with him.

I heard the other guy looks dishonest.

I might watch it, y’all are convincing me to check it out. Might look for a stream later and watch

What about making judgements about the subject or assertions of a documentary without having seen the documentary or even having read about the actual assertions?

I heard people say Wade comes off in love with MJ and obsessed with him.

I heard the other guy looks dishonest.

I might watch it, y’all are convincing me to check it out. Might look for a stream later and watch

Honestly watch it. Wade said himself he did love him and was obsessed with him there's no denying that. The other guy wasn't much of a fan of MJ in the beginning

Last edited:
Honestly watch it. Wade said himself he did love him. I believe the other guy say it as well.
That's what was most enlightening to me. When you're that young and impressionable, and have no context for how intimate relationships are supposed to go, whoever the adult is is basically laying the foundation for what it is you consider normal. Same kind of idea I got with the R Kelly doc.

Wade did say that it's something he still struggles with; his feelings for MJ. That has to be an impossible place to be emotionally. I can't imagine how hard it would be, through all of that, to come out and say some of the things he said on TV.

There's so much **** to work through in trying to unlearn and relearn.

I had a case once where a father murdered his two kids, slit both of their throats. The kids were seeking consolation from their father as they were bleeding to death. Crying and trying to hug him after he had just slashed them both ear to ear. Think about that and apply a similar logic to Wade and Mike's relationship.

You ever hear of a prostitute sticking up for her pimp?

A battered wife copping pleas for her hubby?

Not much different.

For your side of the argument that works, the other side he’s an obsessed fan that wants attention or money....right? It goes both ways

That's what was most enlightening to me. When you're that young and impressionable, and have no context for how intimate relationships are supposed to go, whoever the adult is is basically laying the foundation for what it is you consider normal. Same kind of idea I got with the R Kelly doc.

Wade did say that it's something he still struggles with; his feelings for MJ. That has to be an impossible place to be emotionally. I can't imagine how hard it would be, through all of that, to come out and say some of the things he said on TV.

There's so much **** to work through in trying to unlearn and relearn.

Agreed with all of this, the fact that he struggle with it being called "abuse" was another thing I can agree on. He was too young to understand what was taking place, and it wasn't done in a hurtful manner. So, I can totally see how he struggled with this.

For your side of the argument that works, the other side he’s an obsessed fan that wants attention or money....right? It goes both ways

I'm just saying the obsession angle people have used doesn't take merit away from him being abused. The two can occur simultaneously.

He was also reloctaed from another country by, spent nights alone with and went on tour with Mike. That goes beyond fandom IMO.

But yeah it can go both ways.

Agreed with all of this, the fact that he struggle with it being called "abuse" was another thing I can agree on. He was too young to understand what was taking place, and it wasn't done in a hurtful manner. So, I can totally see how he struggled with this.
Seems to jive with how ol girl in Kidnapped In Plain Sight felt about her kidnapper

Back
Top Bottom