HBO: Stephen King's "The Outsider"...Sundays @ 9PM est...Season I Review & Finale Discussion

I think they just want to set up another season with Holly. As for the finale, I could see how some would say that it's underwhelming but then I also looked at it as being metaphorical. El Cuco is a myth irl but it assumes human form to commit atrocious acts. In reality, the real monsters are human beings.

Couldn’t the end credits scene also just mean that she will always be looking over her shoulder because she’s willing to accept that “impossible” things like this can actually happen?

It’s not like they actually show anything on her neck.

Couldn’t the end credits scene also just mean that she will always be looking over her shoulder because she’s willing to accept that “impossible” things like this can actually happen?

She had a scratch on her arm.

She was also listening to music...which she never does. Definitely think there’s supposed to be symbolic takeaway to that scene as opposed to her just literally being scratched.

She had a scratch on her arm.
Yeah but she was also in a cave and getting hit with **** as it was collapsing.

I totally get why folks would think El Cuco could've got her and that could easily be where they are going with this.

Just giving another opinion as to what could've happened.

She was also listening to music...which she never does. Definitely think there’s supposed to be symbolic takeaway to that scene as opposed to her just literally being scratched.
Yeah and it was pretty cool that it was the song that Ralph was talking to her about a few episodes ago.

I’m so mad. I knew the lameness was going to show but not like this.

Are they trying to lie to us and say Holly was elcuco during the whole “shootout” scene. If so how was there 2 claudes? Something isn’t adding up or making sense based on the shows logic.
Someone make sense of this for me.
They might not be trying to say anything.
I think the Story was supposed to be a one Season deal.
Ratings soared so in Post Production they added a scratch to Holly's forearm to indicate she may have been scratched AND, there may be a Season2.

We know that IF she was scratched at some point by El Cuco, then it has her DNA and he lives on.

When El Cuco scratched any of his Future Victims, he scratched them while in the Form of the previous Victim so, He could have scratched Holly when he was Claude and stayed Claude until he was ready to transform to Holly.

If he did Scratch Holly, we didn't see it onscreen.
It can always be written in later.

On the rewatch...Holly didn’t have the scratch during the last scene with Ralph and her forearm was clearly visible. Unless she went back to the cave to holla at a still-not-dead Cuco off camera...I don’t think the post credits scene is meant to be taken literally. Also...if you look closely the scene is played backwards.

i thought it was ok.
not great but decent.

i liked when ralph asked holly "what else is out there ?"
its like hes all in now.

yea didnt care for the after credits thing.

dunno if id watch a season 2. probably watch the first one and make a call.

Just finished the finale
giphy.gif

Dude up there said it.
Read the thread 😂
It’s only a few posts my dude

I didn’t notice it backwards.
I will check it out later though

Back
Top Bottom