HBO: Stephen King's "The Outsider"...Sundays @ 9PM est...Season I Review & Finale Discussion

8E69C118-359A-4009-BE13-6EC2AAA16A69.jpeg

kingkoopa kingkoopa did you catch the scene after the credits?
Where Holly was in the bathroom and saw Jack, then she was sitting on the bed listening Int to music and they scanned over her neck and she had a scratch on her arm?

I've read like 5 or 6 recaps now and none of them have mentioned that scene being backwards.

Finale was ok, but I enjoyed the show.
I think the final scene with Holly & other spots was something they did post-production to kick start S2, since there has been rumors of this happening since S1 ratings have been better than expected.

Also...if you look closely the scene is played backwards.

Wait, what? The mid-credits scene with Holly? :nerd:

Didn’t understand why holly asked “who’s terry” in the cave.

Me either. Anyone know the significance of this? Could be something related to what I initially mentioned in the beginning of this post.

Ending felt anticlimactic AF. Please don’t run it back unless it’s all new people and some riveting twists. K thanks.

Don't mind recurring characters, but would like it to be centered around an entirely new cast if its does indeed happen.

PO

That mid credit scene when they show the scratch on her arm as she’s playing with her hair. Look at her hair it looks like the scene is in reverse. I don’t know what that **** means tho :lol:

I feel like people wouldn't find the finale anticlimactic if the shootout was in the middle of the episode. The crescendo was too early.

Finale was a letdown. Season overall was meh to me. It was picking up the pace late (last two epis before the finale) and then it fell flat again.

Needed more time with el Cuco

still enjoyed the season as a whole but the end was pretty dry. The whole shootout was dumb cause the resolution to it was so wack

ol girl just damnned him to hell and it was all over...like that was the big moment..?

Someone in the comments replied with this-

<div class="reddit-embed" data-embed-media="www.redditmedia.com" data-embed-parent="false" data-embed-live="false" data-embed-uuid="1a6eba2b-3c18-47a5-a6a4-24200b532a1e" data-embed-created="2020-03-10T14:32:54.493Z"><a href="">Comment</a> from discussion <a href="">Holly’s hair is moving like this video was playing backwards</a>.</div><script async src="https://www.redditstatic.com/comment-embed.js"></script>

Show hooked me the first 2-3 episodes then I slowly lost interest. Stuck it out for the sake of the seeing the resolution. I also like Bill Camp and Ben Mendelsohn, so watching them work is coo.

Haven't read the book, but I'm willing to guess the cast and crew did about as well as you can do with whatever Stephen King had on paper. So it could really just be the progression of story I wasn't really feeling.

Part I found weird was after her dude got killed, she walked out in the open, Jack didn't shoot her, she yelled damn you to hell and the rattlesnake that he threw away came back to bite him.

So apparently HBO decided not to do a Season 2....
But the show itself had amazing ratings & more viewers than the Watchmen apparently.

Stephen King even said another one was coming, (unsure if it's based on If it Bleeds) so I'm curious if any network will pick it up.

PO

Back
Top Bottom