HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Oh my god with the ****ing game whining every episode. Thread is insufferable, gotta find somewhere else to discuss it.

The "It was different in the game/ was better in the game" crowd is just as obnoxious as the "It was different in the book / was better in the book" crowd. We get it, you guys played the game and know what's going to happen and things are different on the TV show but it's a different medium.

I tried to go into things as though I've never experienced the story in other medium. It makes the viewing experience much better

Question from the latest episode.

Not sure why it had to be either Joel or Tommy, why couldn't they both go to find the fireflies?
I think Joel did the big brother move by being responsible. Realizing that Ellie is now his priority, he didn’t want to put Tommy in a situation where he could lose his life and his kid being fatherless.

Question from the latest episode.

Not sure why it had to be either Joel or Tommy, why couldn't they both go to find the fireflies?
With a child on the way for Tommy and Maria, I think he just didn't want to risk it. Ultimately, Ellie's his responsibility.
In the game, there was also a scene where Maria voiced her disapproval of Tommy going.

As someone that hasn’t played the game, I feel like this has been an incredible season of television thus far. Stacks up against most of the all-time greats as far as first seasons go, IMO.

QFT - Every episode has been brilliant & I, too, haven’t played the game.

what an episode. some intense scenes between joel and tommy and joel and ellie. felt that they shouldnt of showed he meets his brother in the preview. scene would of been more powerful.

My homies that have played the game have really enjoyed the show so far, haven’t heard complaints from them. Sorry if some of y’all expected a mirrored adaptation, but I’ve been stunned (positively) by what I’ve watched. Show hasn’t missed at all imo, not even close.

My homies that have played the game have really enjoyed the show so far, haven’t heard complaints from them. Sorry if some of y’all expected a mirrored adaptation, but I’ve been stunned (positively) by what I’ve watched. Show hasn’t missed at all imo, not even close.

Would be impossible to get a mirrored adaption and I don't think ANYONE in here that has played the game wants that. There are some concerns (and rightfully so) about a few things being left out that are key to the story's endgame and or other things. But don't read the clowns in here whining while we discuss the differences in a respectful manner.

Oh my god with the ****ing game whining every episode. Thread is insufferable, gotta find somewhere else to discuss it.

Key example of someone crying while we discuss our takeaways from the differences in the story. Anyways so far the show gets a solid 8.5 from me with last episode being the absolute weakest. If I had never played the game maybe my opinion on the latest episode would differ a good bit. But knowing what was cut out stings that much more.

I’ve literally played every part of the game. Probably beat the first one probably double digits. Platinum both game. I love this series. I wanted a little more out of the university but no complaints. That Ellie Joel scene was perfect

I played both games and my only complaint with the show is that it isn't as violent and action oriented as the games..but I get it.. they have to make it more watchable for everybody

I played both games and my only complaint with the show is that it isn't as violent and action oriented as the games..but I get it.. they have to make it more watchable for everybody
That is viable and I do wish the city had a little more. I kinda figured after reading the early reviews that it wouldn’t quite go down that way.

Stacks up against most of the all-time greats as far as first seasons go, IMO.

Slow down bucko!

It’s the only “it” show right now.

It’s cool.

It’s not even Lost levels good outside episode 3.

It’s a really good show but y’all jumpin the gun.

Could easily make an argument that episode 5 was even better than 3. Both elite.

Series is elite. Not knowing how things will play out, exactly, leaves a lot of room for the ending and what happens (save the main plot). Like others I think the only complaint I have with the last episode is that we didn't spend enough time with the raiders. Perfect op for Joel to have a full on panic attack and really show Ellie what he used to be, the real brutal monster that he was being alluded to.

I’m not going to lie, they lost me a bit this last episode.

I should have waited until the Season wrapped to binge, I think that may be why I’m feeling this way is that now I’m on the week to week ****.

I do like the fact they found Tommy because I was just saying to myself after the episode4 “is this going to be them walking around for multiple seasons looking for Tommy?”……and then Boom! They found his ***.

I woke up at 4am and watched it before work so I might have been a a little pissy. I’ll watch it regain and see what’s up.

Back
Top Bottom