HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

I'm glad they're moving it along each episode. twd would've spent an entire season on Kansas City and two seasons on the commune. an entire episode wouldn't just been the kids watching that movie.

My only gripe is I didn't get a full appreciation for why Joel changed his mind to go with Ellie. It felt abrupt. But there's enough character development that it didn't feel out of place.

Great episode. Emotional AF as always. Did not like it started 3 months later. They did really complain about the cold (except the purple jacket lol).

Loved the town etc… ending was unexpected for those of us that didn’t play the game. waiting for the next episode anxiously!

I'm glad they're moving it along each episode. twd would've spent an entire season on Kansas City and two seasons on the commune. an entire episode wouldn't just been the kids watching that movie.

My only gripe is I didn't get a full appreciation for why Joel changed his mind to go with Ellie. It felt abrupt. But there's enough character development that it didn't feel out of place.

I agree with this. One of my only major critiques so far is their economy of screen time. The entire season is nine episodes with two of those episodes being flashbacks (episode 3 with Bill and Tommy and Episode 7 which looks like it will spend the majority of the episode going over the events in the DLC). If episode 7 is a flashback then they have a lot of ground to cover in the final two episodes.

So basically they have to cover the entire storyline of the game in seven episodes. Why not go for the normal, 10 episodes?

Indeed.
I don't think a lot of people remember but in TLOU2, Dina talks with Ellie about her first time seeing Ellie, which mirrors the scene in the show sightly changed. It's definitely her. :nthat:

PO

Yeah, they kind of hinted, but not confirm, that was Dina in the podcast. I'm glad they went with the direction of establishing the colony in this season.

Show kind wack now. I'd probs like more if I didn't play the game. But because of how the game was fleshed out, can't help but compare the weak parts of the show to the game. The characters were way easier to connect to in game too. Not connected to anybody on this show tbh. I'm bummed. I'll keep watching but I'm not excited now.

giphy.gif

thats how i've felt watching joel in the show. i get not being a direct adaptation of the game but changing the essence of what made a character is lame.

this episode at least had one good bella scene (the fight in the room), other than that she's been terrible. she lacks the ability to convey emotion the way ellie did in the game.

still a good show, just not as great as it could be imo.

You videogame players are just as bad as bookreaders. I just watch the show and don't need to focus on the changes they made. Let the show be its own thing.

This. Change too much and people will complain that it’s not even the real game. Stick exactly to the same script as the game and people will say to just avoid the show and play the game instead. Just enjoy the dam show

I played both games and my only complaint with the show is that it isn't as violent and action oriented as the games..but I get it.. they have to make it more watchable for everybody
This is my only real “concern”. Very curious to see how you tell the story of the second game without emphasizing violence. Its so much more violent.

I am glad to have played the game. I have a lot of content & context that show watchers only don’t have.

You videogame players are just as bad as bookreaders. I just watch the show and don't need to focus on the changes they made. Let the show be its own thing.

Stop crying, people who played the game can express their like/dislike for the changes. We're the ones who made the damn show possible to begin with lol. I purchased the original on PS3, the remake on PS4 and the remake on PS5 (that's support) so if I see something I like or dislike I believe I've earned the right to speak on it. You people who cry after others comment are just silly.

I have played both games & enjoy the show.

HBO seasons, on average, are 10 hours max. So given those constraints that games do not have, I feel they have done a fine job with the storyline.

They chose to expand on certain stories (Ex:Bill) & go down on others. Even the less violence & clicker fights makes sense because they want to use that time for dialogue.

Like for this episode, they probably would have cut that convo between Joel & Tommy in the workshop (amazing scene) if they focused on Jackson getting attacked which was big in the game etc.

PO

I have played both games & enjoy the show.

HBO seasons, on average, are 10 hours max. So given those constraints that games do not have, I feel they have done a fine job with the storyline.

They chose to expand on certain stories (Ex:Bill) & go down on others. Even the less violence & clicker fights makes sense because they want to use that time for dialogue.

Like for this episode, they probably would have cut that convo between Joel & Tommy in the workshop (amazing scene) if they focused on Jackson getting attacked which was big in the game etc.

PO

Word, I agree Jackson getting attacked was big. But I would be ok with the change had they not short cut the university. That was a real momentum swinger in the game.

giphy.gif

thats how i've felt watching joel in the show. i get not being a direct adaptation of the game but changing the essence of what made a character is lame.

this episode at least had one good bella scene (the fight in the room), other than that she's been terrible. she lacks the ability to convey emotion the way ellie did in the game.

still a good show, just not as great as it could be imo.
This is a valid point though. The more and more the show goes on the less TV Joel is like video game Joel. Doing that to the main character is certainly a choice but I’m not really tripping over it.

The show runner and game creator explained why they made changes from the game to the show (so far) and I understand their approach.

But folks (in general) that have to constantly criticize the smallest details after every episode or go on long rants about how a show is not true to the source material (see the LOTR:Rings of Power complaints).

Even with the casting direction of Ellie (looks wise), Bella is doing an amazing job! Great choice!
Bella is doing great.

You guys the ones sounding like crybabies. Parts of the story are different and you're already saying it's going to be worse when the season isn't even done yet. Bunch of jabronis.
Idk if I’m included in this but I don’t think I’ve done that. I had my issues with the Bill Arc but thats a complete rewrite. I just flat out did not expect that.

I feel like we’re now complaining about people complaining. The show changed two entire segments of the game that were important to the games story. I can see why people are upset. TV Joel is way different than video game Joel. I can see why people are upset.

The girl playing Ellie is crushing it though.

bella was great in GoT. it stops there.she naturally has a stoic demeanor and facial expressions that i don't think match whats going on.

she had a small part in his dark materials and i thought she was bad there too.

i hope she gets recast for part 2

Tv Joel and tv Ellie adaptation is garbo af tbh
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom