HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Dope episode. Love the fact they’re not dragging this out, although maybe a *tad* more fleshing out of some stories may be warranted. Either way, I’ve been solidly entertained.

And not for nothing, I look forward to the weekly complaints from jetpacunlimited jetpacunlimited while almost everyone else says the opposite. :pimp: :pimp:

Glad to know you’re a fan of mine. Ironic that your take was so similar to mine as well.

For reference to those that haven’t played the game, this part of the play through did include infected/bloaters. It was a great part of the game.

But this adaptation still hit all the major points and feels without it. they did a bit of a deeper dive i to David and his weird ***. which i thought delivered.

another banger episode.

I don’t remember a bloater at the resort. I do remember Ellie and David fighting off infected at the standby location. Unlike superblytrife superblytrife who can’t read or comprehend. It isn’t the lack of “zombies” (not sure why people keep bringing this up or comparing it to TWD. You can tell they have no idea what the game is about) that ruins the immersion factor. It’s the pace at which this show breezes through some of the most important setup parts for these stories. I.E. The winter arc being told in one episode was just a miss to me. You reeeeaallly needed at least two to understand the gravity of the situation. You’d also need a bigger episode or two of the University to set up David’s arc. Those aren’t complaints just observations. I’m allowed as a longtime fan of the series to have those. Glad people who’ve never seen this story before are loving it. But you’re getting the ultimate watered down treatment imo.

But clowns will be clowns. I expect “HeS cOmPlaINing bOuT tEh zOmbIes” Bwois to pop up anytime now. Logic alludes them.

Wish this had been a 2-episode arc, like the Kansas City QZ. David was a much better character than wack *** Kathleen/Karen. But I guess I see now why they casted her and went with that type of character because they probably didn't want to make her too similar to David

anyone that complained about bella ramsey being cast in the role of ellie should be quiet after last night's ep. she was fantastic (really stood out the last 2 eps). the baby girl part had my wife crying her eyes out. what a great watch.

I’m sure HBO will give Mazin a bigger budget for the 2nd season with how huge a hit this show is. Yall remember the struggle scenes with GoT the first few season? :smh:

Part 2 had way more epic gameplay anyways. Can’t wait :pimp:

I don’t remember a bloater at the resort. I do remember Ellie and David fighting off infected at the standby location. Unlike superblytrife superblytrife who can’t read or comprehend. It isn’t the lack of “zombies” (not sure why people keep bringing this up or comparing it to TWD. You can tell they have no idea what the game is about) that ruins the immersion factor. It’s the pace at which this show breezes through some of the most important setup parts for these stories. I.E. The winter arc being told in one episode was just a miss to me. You reeeeaallly needed at least two to understand the gravity of the situation. You’d also need a bigger episode or two of the University to set up David’s arc. Those aren’t complaints just observations. I’m allowed as a longtime fan of the series to have those. Glad people who’ve never seen this story before are loving it. But you’re getting the ultimate watered down treatment imo.

But clowns will be clowns. I expect “HeS cOmPlaINing bOuT tEh zOmbIes” Bwois to pop up anytime now. Logic alludes them.

IMO no interaction with the infected removes the context of why/how Ellie had her guard down and how David’s henchman was able to even point a gun at her in the first place. David has her back during a battle with the infected, which is why she gives him some sort of trust. I don’t think there needed to be a similar massive battle or anything, but at least showing something like David saving her from an infected when he could’ve left her to die would’ve helped (IMO)

I’m not saying that the show is bad on its own, but how can people say “Don’t compare it to the game” when the game is the source material for this show :lol: There is a bunch of character development and emotional scenes being skipped here due to a constrained season that’s only 9 episodes

Yeah I agree with pac, it was definitely a little fast compared to the game, but I still enjoyed what they made. I feel if they didn't do that two in one combined season opener, they could have used the extra time to flesh out the story more here.

I don't know what limits HBO has when making a show, but for this series, I think 1.5 hours wiggle room for each episode (if needed) would do it much more justice.

PO

I would imagine The Last of Us 3 will be made eventually. It's probably years away, so they're gonna have to go their on way with the show.

People are gonna hate season 2 if they stick closely to the game, I'd imagine. Be interested to see how people react if they dedicate entire episodes to Abby.

First 15m of the new ep felt like it was turning into a dark comedy. Smh
anyone that complained about bella ramsey being cast in the role of ellie should be quiet after last night's ep. she was fantastic (really stood out the last 2 eps). the baby girl part had my wife crying her eyes out. what a great watch.

her acting is good for the character she’s been told to portray, it’s on the director for letting this sh** fly. Why is she so annoying and acting so soft? Joel’s carrying the show. Criticism should be looked towards the director and show runners for making her the way she is in the show imo. Joel was a beast this episode. Surprised by the positive reactions to the episode tbh. Only a very few parts felt suspenseful.

I would imagine The Last of Us 3 will be made eventually. It's probably years away, so they're gonna have to go their on way with the show.

People are gonna hate season 2 if they stick closely to the game, I'd imagine. Be interested to see how people react if they dedicate entire episodes to Abby.
Druckmann has said they won't write the show before Part 3 comes out. So either Part 3 is slated to come out in the next 3 years (assuming Part 2 is split into two seasons and Part 3 can be adapted to TV in less than a year), or we're going to have an unbearable wait for Season [Part 3].

Finally caught the episode.

Really enjoyed it but I understand some of the gripes about the David story arc.

It didn't have a complete 1:1 re-creation of the game but they could've done something to flesh out David and Ellie's introduction to each other a bit more.

Was hoping James stayed byke to search the houses so that we could've gotten a Joel v. Joel confrontation.

Ellie ****ed him right up.

Man, the dude who played David had the pedo perve turned up to 11. 0]

"It's okay Baby Girl. I got you."

james-brown.gif

How old is Bella Ramsey? I’m trying to imagine her as her character in Part 2. She definitely matures in that game. Lol.

Yep, show has done an excellent job of showing that survivors can be just as much of, if not a bigger problem.

Most advanced species in the world, completely unable to get on one accord. Meanwhile the infected are completely aligned :lol:
Exactly. This part of the story was the peak of it for me. I aslo think society would descend into that level of madness if this really happened. Humanity is that terrible.

Viewership has skyrocketed since the first episode.

Just curious to see who gets cast for season 2's new characters.

I hope they get a strong actor for Abby mentally strong. Also in every apocalyptic humanity is always the worse

Back
Top Bottom