HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

GREAT. ****ING. EPISODE. I loved Joel showing up unseemly after Ellie got out of there, herself, unscathed.

series been great so far and it did got me thinking, its great this was on hbo because if it was any other network, they wouldve dragged everything out

just a comparison to TWD and that place/group that also ate people, if this series was on amc or something, the episode alone wouldve been like a 10 episode arc but it was all wrapped up in one episode and its so much better

yeah i wish we could have more episode (and it might disappoint those who played the game if there were more there? i never played the game) but not if theyre just gon drag things out and forcefully extend it because they need 20+ episodes

cant wait for the finale

Glad I stayed up to watch this episode. Another great one.

Happy they didn't stray away from David's video game character.

Psycho Pedo David was ready to go with the building on fire. Gross

Was really looking forward to this episode and I thought it delivered.

Totally not expecting them to have the interrogation scene, but they kept it! 😮

Any medical personnel in the house? Can you really inject penicillin into a wound? 😅

Ellie killed Joel! 😱

They totally dropped the entire infected encounter, which, I guess, makes sense for a TV show, but would have still liked to have seen a few infected. For a 'zombie show', we really haven't seen that many zombies.

The David actor does give me the creeps. Watching his interaction with Ellie when she had her rifle on him, you could see that he was impressed... almost turned on, dare I say... which was exactly what they were going for. I don't recall him wanting to violate Ellie during the fire, but they def made it apparent here. 😖

Bella absolutely nailed the sheer terror and absolute rage that followed. I liked how she slowed down when hacking up David... and then sped up again when the rage kicked in. Though I must say, I did prefer how they did it in the game, when Joel came into the steakhouse to snap her out of her rage, but they mentioned it in the podcast on how that wouldn't have been feasible with the fire spreading and the doors locked. Joel would have needed to find a way in.

Also... where was the rest of the town when the steakhouse was going up in flames? 😅

All I can say is wow! What a ****ing great episode :pimp::nthat: Ellie is a beast, survival instincts are high and growing. Joel on his worst day is better than all of those fools. Baby girl at the end, I almost shed a tear.

Last edited:
Ellie trying to be intimidating :lol:

AvengersInfinityWar-5.jpg
Ellie > quill. She would've killed thanos instead of pistol-whipping him and crying about gamora.

All I can say is wow! What a ****ing great episode :pimp::nthat: Ellie is a beast, survival instincts are high and growing. Joel on his worst day is better than all of those fools. Baby girl at the end, I almost shed a tear.
I didn't play the game, so that part hit different. I have a daughter and am a "baby girl" dad, so I had the feels when Joel uttered that.

For reference to those that haven’t played the game, this part of the play through did include infected/bloaters. It was a great part of the game.

But this adaptation still hit all the major points and feels without it. they did a bit of a deeper dive i to David and his weird ***. which i thought delivered.

another banger episode.

I’m guessing folks want to see 99 ways of killing a “zombie” in every episode. :lol:

Almost like the GOT era - folks were complaining because it wasn’t enough violence/death in every episode.

Last edited:
I’m guessing folks want to see 99 ways of killing a “zombie” every episode. :lol:

Almost like the GOT era - folks were complaining because it wasn’t enough violence/death in every episode.
I see the argument on twitter from time to time that its not enough action, but i hella beg to differ on that.

sure - it doesnt have a lot of infected in comparison to the game but the looming threat of the infected is felt everywhere which i believe is enough to steer the plot of the show. and to me, they’ve hit every major emotional point of the show and adapted it perfectly.

you can’t do a 1-for-1 adaptation of the video game. a play through of a video game and a watch through of a TV series are suppose to be experienced in two different ways.

Last edited:
I’m guessing folks want to see 99 ways of killing a “zombie” every episode. :lol:

Yep, show has done an excellent job of showing that survivors can be just as much of, if not a bigger problem.

Most advanced species in the world, completely unable to get on one accord. Meanwhile the infected are completely aligned :lol:

I see the argument on twitter from time to time that its not enough action, but i hella beg to differ on that.

sure - it doesnt have a lot of infected in comparison to the game but the looming threat of the infected is felt everywhere which i believe is enough to steer the plot of the show. and to me, they’ve hit every major emotional point of the show and adapted it perfectly.

you can’t do a 1-for-1 adaptation of the video game. a play through of a video game and a watch through of a TV series are suppose to be experienced in two different ways.
Yeah, there are people who can't comprehend good storytelling and prefer to keep adaptations because it's easy to follow and more visually 'pleasing'.

Sucks for them lol

I’m guessing folks want to see 99 ways of killing a “zombie” in every episode. :lol:

No zombies yesterday, but you still had people that ate people too.

I remember there were times during TWD, whenever there was a 'character development' episode, ppl would just complain "FILLER!" and "NEED TO KILL MOAR ZOMBIES!" I know there probably isn't much to develop on TWD, but sometimes it just feels like folks just don't want to look deeper into plots or the characters involved. 🤷‍♂️

No zombies yesterday, but you still had people that ate people too.
Right :lol:

Me personally, I feel like the threat of the infected pretty much always being around is enough for me. If they pop up, cool, but the human interactions are going to be more interesting.

That said, I’m assuming we’ll be getting a good amount of infected screen time in the finale since they took a week off, and that’ll be fun.

It does seem like there will be a ramp up in the violence next week. They def did it this week, so maybe the idea was to intentionally downplay it in earlier episodes in order to amplify it now? I expect the last episode to be a bloodbath.

Back
Top Bottom