HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

We do have a wire thread

I finished season 1 a lonnnnng time ago. I can’t for the life of me remember what happened that got mcnutty and the other guys demoted. The boat patrol. The evidence room. Who got so butthurt And why? I’m on epdisode 3 of the second season and it’s not coming back to me.

I finished season 1 a lonnnnng time ago. I can’t for the life of me remember what happened that got mcnutty and the other guys demoted. The boat patrol. The evidence room. Who got so butthurt And why? I’m on epdisode 3 of the second season and it’s not coming back to me.

Rawls and Burrell. Rawls was pissed at jimmy because he first went over his head to Judge Phelan to get the investigation into Barksdale started, then not coming back to homicide when Rawls wanted him to. And Burrell just wanted “dope on the table”, but the investigation started going deeper than that so he wanted Daniels to wrap it up but Daniels refused. So after they wrapped up, Rawls sent jimmy to the boat (he asked where he didn’t wanna go earlier in the season) and Daniels was sent to the evidence room.

Episode 1 was legit the first time A LOT of people learned about Black Wall Street/Tulsa Massacre.

5-EF6-FE5-C-0-B5-D-4402-9-C73-FE2-D6-EA6-B0-B2.jpg

shout out to THE GAME for spreading this awareness early in his career, through his music I learned of the Tulsa massacre.

The racists are out in full force under the watchmen trend. They are spreading the worst lies about black Wall Street and saying it was the black people who actually started it. Sometimes you just wanna reach through your screen and choke somebody

Episode 1 was legit the first time A LOT of people learned about Black Wall Street/Tulsa Massacre.
A small part of me has always felt a little conflicted about the incorporation of black or any racial/ethnic plight into fantasy. Mixing the graphic imagery of the massacre with how outlandish the Watchmen universe is makes it all seem unreal.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the movie and series. The Watchmen movie blew my mind with how grounded and flawed the heroes were compared to the Saturday morning cartoons I grew up on.

Art imitates life and ultimately, if it leads to objective education then I’m all for it.

5-EF6-FE5-C-0-B5-D-4402-9-C73-FE2-D6-EA6-B0-B2.jpg

shout out to THE GAME for spreading this awareness early in his career, through his music I learned of the Tulsa massacre.

I also learned about this through The Game.

Sad, schools were just lying to us.

I remember my black history class in HS (an elective at that)

But our teacher was the wrestling coach.

An old fat white guy.

He didn't even try, gave us a chapter to read here and there, that's about it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/ente...0200728-lr2b5wuu3raitaoj5ybl2vd4w4-story.html

‘Watchmen’ leads all Emmy nominees with 26

“Watchmen,” cloaked in superhero mythology and grounded in real-world racism, received a leading 26 nominations Tuesday for the prime-time Emmy Awards.

The series, which captured America’s unease as it faces racial clashes amid a pandemic, was nominated as best limited series and received bids for cast members including Regina King and Jeremy Irons.

Regina King better win for that role!!

There's no new season, atleast not now, anytime soon by this cast and crew, and I prefer it that way. If someone has an amazing idea a few years from now and can execute like this, with the weight it carried, sure.

There's no new season, atleast not now, anytime soon by this cast and crew, and I prefer it that way. If someone has an amazing idea a few years from now and can execute like this, with the weight it carried, sure.
Word, another installment like 8+ years from now would be dope.

Just finished binge watching this yesterday. In my opinion, it doesn't need a season 2. It stood on it's own and doesn't need any further storytelling. Too bad we can't get a Snyder cut of the movie with the comic book ending so that it can tie in with the show. I'm curious to how Zack would've translated the giant squid in his film. I always liked what he did with the movie, but the change at the end bothered me a bit.

Don't agree that s1 said all there needs to be said. There's a lot more that can be said.

I'm fine if they don't though.

I think it's pretty self contained. There's more to be said, but why risk the quality? I like shows that end with speculation and allow you to fill in the blanks in your own mind. True Detective S1 was like that for me.

Back
Top Bottom