HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Binge this show. It reminds me of Lost except they don't have a character like da GAWD Sawyer.

Bernard being Arnold really doesn't make sense to me, and Im not sure what its based off other than him giving Delores a diagnostic in that room. I haven't ruled out the multiple timeline theory because of the first ep when Delores "shot" MiB, and the ep where MiB killed Lawrence he was practically introduced to Logan in William in what seemed like the next scene.

I do believe dudes need to chill and just watch the iish unravel tho. Go mad trying to figure it out on your own.

I know everyone hates theories but when I originally saw Ford and his host family that Bernard discovered, I thought Arnold was his bro. And that photo from a few episodes before was him and his dad while he first mentioned Arnold to Bernard.

Catching up on this thread. What lost taught me is all these theories are pointless. Just enjoy the ride. But I can see the two storyline theory.

Catching up on this thread. What lost taught me is all these theories are pointless. Just enjoy the ride. But I can see the two storyline theory.

I just want to enjoy shows. The internet ruins stuff by guessing stuff right about things I wasn't even thinking about. Hard to even participate in this thread because all the theories and ideas are getting posted. I like talking about what has been shown and not what hasn't or yet to be revealed / shown.

I don't care for the theories much. I call it stupid if I see it as such and agree if it seems possible. I'm more interested in just watching the show.

My main issue comes when the theories are proven wrong and people then start complaining about the show being whack or poorly written. Taper your expectations.

the internet ruins stuff by guessing right :lol:

yall give the 'internet' too much power.

I personally enjoy the theories :lol:

I liked the ones in the 1st season of True Detective as well... *shrugs*

But I will say I hated the "theories" in the GoT thread, I'd usually just wait until after I saw the episode to chime in and/or check that thread out. Some dudes in there would pretend they weren't book readers and "predict" something that of course would become true, no matter how far fetched and random it sounded in the moment :lol: :smh:

They lessen my enjoyment of shows.

If this "the show is showing two different points in time" thing is true then my reaction will be "meh" since people have been discussing it for weeks already. It's not even something I was thinking about until people were posting it. Would be way better to see it displayed on the show.

I just want to enjoy shows. The internet ruins stuff by guessing stuff right about things I wasn't even thinking about. Hard to even participate in this thread because all the theories and ideas are getting posted. I like talking about what has been shown and not what hasn't or yet to be revealed / shown.
Not all the time. I thought they were going down that bad path in the Mr. Robot thread for S2 with the whole Elliot is in a mental institution. I argued against it (there were definitely clear hints for it). That was somewhat fun and not overly annoying.

Then it was revealed he was in a prison and even though most posters were leaning on mental institute I can say the internet theorists were right.

Similar happened in S1 where even more could see the Fight Club twist.

This **** though is rivaling where's the ricin, who is gonna get poisoned with ricin nonsense. Worse off when discussed its just constant here's another hint, here's another hint, 2 timelines, here's another hint. Ignore anything that clashes with 2 timelines.

Hell might as well argue some stuff is in the real world and the other stuff is a simulation of a simulation. That could explain two logos and any other discrepancies with hosts dying and quickly reappearing.

But yeah it is much better when you get to just experience plot twists and reveals from the show. If from ep 1 ppl were constantly parroting Bernard is a host, Bernard is a host, Bernard is a host it'd ruin it. It's the same type of logic when ppl dip out a movie thread when the spoilers come out or they haven't seen it yet.

I personally enjoy the theories :lol:

I liked the ones in the 1st season of True Detective as well... *shrugs*

But I will say I hated the "theories" in the GoT thread, I'd usually just wait until after I saw the episode to chime in and/or check that thread out. Some dudes in there would pretend they weren't book readers and "predict" something that of course would become true, no matter how far fetched and random it sounded in the moment :lol: :smh:
GoT is a perfect example of why the wild theories barely have a long life there. Not just cuz it's based off a book.

They got a strong narrative.

The damn Jon is a Targ theory existed before season 1 ep1. All other theories are either obvious as **** and backed with strong evidence (Jon's resurrection) or shot down.

You can see the consistent entertainment and enjoyment in that thread cuz all the fans are anricpating the story not if their ridiculous theory will come true.

Last edited:
Looked into it and hear are some of the songs on the piano (same dude scores GoT):

The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Radiohead - No Surprises
The Cure - A Forest
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

That's the same thing that was said of LOST :smh:

True. Lost had so many different story lines going and the fanbase was always buzzing about some new theory because the show kept opening itself up to more and more questions. Lost ended up never answering most of those questions and the story unraveled at the end. I hope Westworld doesn't go down that same path.

They really have thought of everything. Attention to detail is :smokin

That's the same thing that was said of LOST :smh:
If you learn names it's easier to be suspicious and pessimistic.

I don't really get the LOST comparisons. LOST wasn't based on anything and it became larger and larger in scale by the season when it came to mysteries. Then the theory bastards went in to overdrive.

Johnathan Nolan is not Damon Lindelof (or Jeffrey Lieber or JJ Abrams). Go watch Person of Interest to see proof.

so what was up with that lower level Bernard went to in a previous episode? why was it all messed up and abandoned looking?

I know everyone hates theories but when I originally saw Ford and his host family that Bernard discovered, I thought Arnold was his bro. And that photo from a few episodes before was him and his dad while he first mentioned Arnold to Bernard.
that's what I was thinking too, might not be his actual brother but those kid hosts with the family was a young ford and arnold.

so what was up with that lower level Bernard went to in a previous episode? why was it all messed up and abandoned looking?
I thought it was just another basement but it could be the same one of the cabin in the wilderness that's undetectable.

Back
Top Bottom