HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Took this from Reddit.

Capture.PNG

Geez that was boring as hell, I was falling asleep. Caleb is so underwhelming. And spending 30 min with his character felt like an eternity. If this dude gets more screen time next season :sick::smh:

Maeve’s and Bernard’s character development this season has been pretty much nonexistent except when it serves to advancing/foiling Delores’.
No more development needed.

Maeve thinks she's a mother that saved her daughter from dying/the end of WW, who can also control other hosts with her mind. Her sole reason for even being in this season is the threat of Dolores and the key in her head which threatens her daughter.

Bernard's even worse. He feels he's at fault for Dolores being out in the real world about to destroy humanity so he and her think of this as he's meant to play a role, either stop her or Dolores thinks he's going to help in his own way

Before last season we thought Bernard was a human and Maeve was just a host that had her storyline changed to Madame *****.

Thats the key thing here. They're just ******* robots. Not real characters.

Last edited:
I missed this show live for the first time since it started. I think I’ve officially tuned out. :frown:
Going to finish up the season, checking the last episode now.

it’s a shame they kind of wasted a lot of the concepts that they seemed to set up early. It’s like they selves into topics we saw coming, but the execution is almost always underwhelming. It probably does have a lot to do with the fact that all these robots and swapping of personalities just makes it all feel so flimsy.

I was hoping for a twist where Pinkman learns his whole war experience was actually a simulation at a park.

Either he went to the park himself and got traumatized, or Rehoboam or someone else tricked him and put him in that simulation to make him into who he is.

That's the direction the show should have went in, that hosts are everywhere and the real world is a big simulation. This whole Serac/Rehoboam plot is weak. The action is great though.

Also, the Bernard/can opener/man in black story arc had so much more potential. Maybe that's what they'll flesh out in season 4?

As soon as they showed Caleb having Cudi flashbacks early in the season, I already knew what the twist was gonna be.
And yes they were in Need For Speed together.
I lowkey expect Dominic Cooper to make a cameo at some point

As soon as they showed Caleb having Cudi flashbacks early in the season, I already knew what the twist was gonna be.
And yes they were in Need For Speed together.
I lowkey expect Dominic Cooper to make a cameo at some point
You knew the twist was gonna be Cudi didn't die in any war and that Caleb was the one that killed him cuz Cudi betrayed him for money?

You must be psychic

Took this from Reddit.

Capture.PNG

I can see this, but you really have to work hard for it. Even then, it’s dumb. Why would they think it’s a good idea to make season 3 parallel season 1? I would get it if there was tons of content in between and some epic story that had taken place, but they went ahead and skipped way too much to make this interesting. Additionally all of the twists and timelines that we have had, lead us to not even trust what they are showing us. If there was a character that we cared about it would be worth following, but there is not. I also do not see how this relates to the source material in either theme or content.

Unreliable narrator + lack of protagonist + convoluted parallel plot = train wreck of a show.

Seasons 1 and 2 were fun. This is trash. Whoever compared it to a bad Terminator sequel hit the nail on the head. This isn’t “Westworld.”

Last edited:
You knew the twist was gonna be Cudi didn't die in any war and that Caleb was the one that killed him cuz Cudi betrayed him for money?

You must be psychic
I knew he would be the one who did it because it would make his character more tragic and they would try to get us to sympathize with him more. Didn't think about the how or when but saw it coming.

I knew he would be the one who did it because it would make his character more tragic and they would try to get us to sympathize with him more. Didn't think about the how or when but saw it coming.
To me it wasnt that tragic since Cudi was gonna turn on him.

It'd be different and more tragic if he was having issues with his reprogramming and killed Cudi in a confused haze.

The way things were revealed about them being outliers I'm not even sure Cudi's character actually had a son.

They have way too many talented actors and actresses on this show for it to be so bad.

They do, but they literally Jon Snowd everyone to give way to the two most unlikeable actors/characters on the show, I didn’t care about Dolores in season 1, didn’t care about her in season 2 and don’t care about her now and this dude Caleb has been cringeworthy from the jump.

To me it wasnt that tragic since Cudi was gonna turn on him.

It'd be different and more tragic if he was having issues with his reprogramming and killed Cudi in a confused haze.

The way things were revealed about them being outliers I'm not even sure Cudi's character actually had a son.
To me it's like damn he killed his mans but the system ultimately caused it so he has an even better reason to burn it all down.
Thing is I'm still mad at Jesse for screwing Walt so IDGAF that he killed Cudi, I'm not sympathizing with him

Interesting finale. Wasn't expecting the heel face turn of Deloris or William going out like that.
I'm glad Hale can be the Big Bad next season. I'm lost on Bernard.
I don't understand how Maeve has hax powers, but rarely uses them. Just that weak sword

Show is all over the ***** place, the only remotely interesting character left is Bernard, don’t care for no Caleb, don’t care for no Dolores, Halores, Maeve also trash now, her motives are all convoluted, like I don’t even understand why she’s conflicted, the whole daughter angle always seem weak, William was dope as long as he remain as that bad *** human character, but son got replaced by his own host and now he’s just Halores guard dog? Nah man....so much TRASH.

Have a lot of thoughts. Will type them out later.

But I did get this email lol

Attachments

• 8A624FD6-ACBA-4E21-9EBC-2567A8FC9E2B.jpeg
    8A624FD6-ACBA-4E21-9EBC-2567A8FC9E2B.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 482
Miss me with Dolores chooses to see the beauty and her convincing Maeve.

Serac and Rehoboam basically being the end/twist of the movie Upgrade; HAL 9000 in charge :lol:

Beast mode and crowd control :lol:

Weak end for William but he got laid low with being committed. Now the man in black is also a robot.

I wonder how long Bernard spent searching within himself for the key :lol: Dust on his whole body. Just may be way in the future. Maybe they excuse it with the place got bombed a bit.

Bernard vs. DoloresHale meh. Need me a better protagonist that kills Jesse.

Just finished the episode. Yeah I’m out. This finale was a drag and I never feel satisfied after finishing a season. I won’t be back for S4

Back
Top Bottom