HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by tree4twenty
This %!+! right here
30t6p3b.gif

Like really, is it that hard to put spoiler tags?!

if i hadnt read the books already i would be so damn pissed at this thread.
at first i didnt like the changes the writers made from the books to the screen. 6 episodes in ive accepted and actually welcomed them. I understand now that not everything is transferable to screen, and that the changes are not only under the direction of GRRM but keep things fresh so im not just anticipating scenes in my head that ive only read about

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

if i hadnt read the books already i would be so damn pissed at this thread.
at first i didnt like the changes the writers made from the books to the screen. 6 episodes in ive accepted and actually welcomed them. I understand now that not everything is transferable to screen, and that the changes are not only under the direction of GRRM but keep things fresh so im not just anticipating scenes in my head that ive only read about
spot on assessment.

once i came to terms with the fact that the show was not going to follow the book exactly, i came to appreciate the new changes and accept the show for what it is.

this weeks episode was easily the best of the season

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I havent read the books but who took the dragons? Im a little lost on that part
no one knows at this point.  gotta wait til the next episode to find out.

Yea, that didn't happen in the book.

I think that's their way of saving budget on cgi or just ending the episode with a cliffhanger, but I'm really intrigued on what they're gonna do with that.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I think that's their way of saving budget on cgi or just ending the episode with a cliffhanger, but I'm really intrigued on what they're gonna do with that.
damn.... cant figure out how to use the spoiler function

I'll just leave this here.  It's funny because I forgot that she's all tied up.
tumblr_m3nxjlRLNc1qzk73xo1_500.gif

Ygritte was putting it on Jon.
laugh.gif

He looked so uncomfortable.

I find her accent sexy as hell for some reason.

Originally Posted by shogun

I'll just leave this here.  It's funny because I forgot that she's all tied up.
tumblr_m3nxjlRLNc1qzk73xo1_500.gif

roll.gif

So much better than in the book.
I don't even wanna know if they just stole this stuff from Book 3. Sunday can't come quick enough.
smokin.gif

I'm digging the subtle changes from the book in season 2..

One in particular is the Arya/Tywin Lannister dynamic.

The interaction between Arya and lord Tywin have been great.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm digging the subtle changes from the book in season 2..

One in particular is the Arya/Tywin Lannister dynamic.

The interaction between Arya and lord Tywin have been great.
He wishes she was his own child. He's disappointed with his own children. Jaime is an impulsive and thick-headed lout (he even talks in length in this episode about how slowly he learned to read). Cersei is a manipulative self-centered @@++* who is too dense too realize she's !@*$%%+ up everything in King's Landing. (oh and let's not forget the incest) And Tyrion is an imp. He believes all of them dishonor the Lannister name. And the pride of the Lannister name is the most important thing in the world to Tywin Lannister.But Arya? Unlike Jaime she's smart. Unlike Cersei she understands her place and is well behaved. Unlike Tyrion she's good looking. She's the child he wish he had. Ironic.
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In return, Tywin is providing Arya with a new father figure, someone who appreciates her cleverness and wildness, as opposed to Ned, who tolerated her feistiness, but was always obviously hoping she'd become a proper lady eventually.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Was that Doreah on the ground?

frown.gif
frown.gif

Nah she's still alive.
Oh good. Yeah, I'm reading the book right now. Or trying to at least.
And agreed, I like the interaction between Arya and Tywin.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Yo, where's the wall of text for this week's episode? I was looking for some good reading material today!

EDIT:

tumblr_m0laozIdoe1rp2zn0o1_500.gif

tumblr_m0laozIdoe1rp2zn0o2_500.gif

l.gif

tumblr_m3o0bdbBsj1qcd7cjo1_500.gif

Spoiler for length purposes:

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_m3njlr39f91qbz1nyo1_500.png

^haha...I saw Avengers yesterday too. Met my quota for the week.
laugh.gif

Yea, whoever was mad about the new pairings. Arya-Tywin and Shae-Sansa are
smokin.gif

Just the changes to the riot in King's Landing were appreciated.
The Hound is my guy, forreal.

I think one was made to talk about the show and the other show and book. But the book readers drop spoilers in both.

I am reading the books, too. If that matters.

nah, it was backwards. the og one from last year was then show thread, then the dude who made this thread just said OK...I now declare your thread be the book and spoilers thread, I'm making the show thread.

iono lol

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

This %!+! right here
30t6p3b.gif

Really? Answering how long it takes for a dragon to grow to an adult is a spoiler? You act like we wouldn't see them in a trailer for season 3 or 4 and know if they were still young or if they were grown by then
eyes.gif

Anyways, can someone answer in a spoiler who took the dragons? Everyone was dead like a damn army came through, but Doreah was nowhere to be found and it only showed 1 person carrying them...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

This %!+! right here
30t6p3b.gif

Really? Answering how long it takes for a dragon to grow to an adult is a spoiler? You act like we wouldn't see them in a trailer for season 3 or 4 and know if they were still young or if they were grown by then
eyes.gif

Anyways, can someone answer in a spoiler who took the dragons? Everyone was dead like a damn army came through, but Doreah was nowhere to be found and it only showed 1 person carrying them...
nerd.gif
Spoiler [+]
no one knows who took the dragons but the shot at the end was them heading to the house of the undying

Back
Top Bottom