HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Dominic West aka Jimmy McNulty turned down a role on the show :smh: Uproxx seems to think it would have been for Mance Ryder although not having read book 3 yet I think he would have been a nice addition to the cast. [br][br][br][br]"What the f*** did I do?"
33ve1c3.gif

Dominic West aka Jimmy McNulty turned down a role on the show :smh: Uproxx seems to think it would have been for Mance Ryder although not having read book 3 yet I think he would have been a nice addition to the cast. [br][br][br][br]"What the f*** did I do?"
33ve1c3.gif

Man I read that on twitter this week. :smh:

I'm on the 5th book now. :smokin

33ve1c3.gif

I would have loved to see that. :lol:

Almost finished with Book 5 and I only started the series this summer (June). I wouldn't say Martin writes with complexity particularly but he's good with creating suspense and carrying out the unexpected. Air of unpredictably if you will. Can't wait for how the HBO show is portrayed with Book 3 being my favorite of the five currently.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/17/game-of-thrones-mance-rayder/

'Game of Thrones' casts 'Rome' actor as Mance Rayder -- EXCLUSIVE
by James Hibberd

The biggest new Game of Thrones role is going to…

Ciarán Hinds!

The Rome actor has been cast as Wildling leader Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall. Rayder has united the disparate clans of the Far North behind a single mission: To attack The Wall. He’s been frequently referenced (though unseen) in the HBO hit fantasy drama’s first two seasons. In the second season finale, undercover Night’s Watchman Jon Snow (Kit Harington) was being taken to meet Rayder.

The casting caps months — years, really — of online speculation about who would play Rayder. For awhile, Hinds’ Rome co-star James Purefoy received some fan votes, though he’s booked on Fox’s The Following.

Game of Thrones: Get the latest news, photos, and more

For Hinds, the casting is a sort of homecoming — he was born in Belfast, where the show’s primary production is based (Thrones S3 is also shooting in Croatia, Iceland and Morocco). He’s appeared in films such as Munich, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and John Carter. But TV fans know him best from Rome, where he was a very imposing Julius Caesar. He recently also had an arc on USA’s Political Animals.

The news marks the second actor to join Thrones‘ third season from Rome. Tobias Menzies (who played Brutus) was recently cast as Edmure Tully, the younger brother of Catelyn Stark, who has has become Lord of Riverrun in the wake of his father’s death.

For those who missed the rest of the season three cast additions, those are here.

Also, check out Game of Thrones‘ Comic-Con posters here.

Game of Thrones returns March 31

Dude who played Caesar on Rome is playing Mance....

I was actually going to start watching Rome after I finished up with Oz. I'll give my 2-cents after that. Even though, regardless of my opinion on him, he could knock the role of Mance out-of-the-park or vis-a-vis.

Not really what I imagined Mance to look like but he's a good actor. The cast size keeps growing. There will be even less screen time for people than last season.

Qyburn looks sufficiently creepy.

I'm really interested in who they cast for The Red Viper of Dorne.

I pictured the homie Smoke Monster while reading .

Last edited:
‘Game of Thrones’ Season 3 Casting Additions: Daario and Grey Worm
by Scott Stoute

Patient fans of HBO’s medieval epic Game of Thrones may have to wait until next April for the acclaimed drama to return – but not for some enticing new casting info. HBO has announced English rapper Ed Skrein and UK actor Jacob Anderson have been cast as Daario Naharis and Grey Worm, respectively in the upcoming third season.

http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-daario-grey-worm-actor/

SIMON is in GoT?! *claps* but as who?

*EDIT* IMDB has him listed as...

RAMSAY SNOW

Last edited:
^^ purposely didnt list his character name. from what i read, his character is a slow reveal.
cant wait.

super hoodie >>>>>>

misfits___superhoodie_by_txgirl0302-d33tddt.png

Last edited:
I thought would be more built. Maybe he bulks up.
I don't think they described his physique in the book. I never liked his character because he got with my favorite character up to that point. Still salty about that. The way he's described in the book I imagine him to look like a fruity clown pirate.

my son Iwan Rheon (from Misfits) has joined the cast.
:wow: That's a serious show upgrade for him. He's already partying with the cast :lol:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom