HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

It's crazy how after the season finale you're on the brink of summer pissed that you gotta wait a good ten months till the show returns, then you look up and three quarters of the year has gone by. CAN'T WAIT for season 3.

As a newcomer to GoT (I caught up a few months ago) and as someone who has not read the books, it's pretty simple. Just make two threads. I'm sure it's been brought up but for whatever reasons it hasn't been done. AV Club separates their reviews between experts and newbies and it separates the discussion too. If you've read the books, you can certainly participate in a TV only thread, but you just don't say anything  that would hint to a spoiler. Spoiler tags don't work because people quote a spoiler and add comments that still can spoil things.

One thread for strictly newcomers who haven't read the books and veterans who don't make any mention of future events

One thread for book readers to discuss the show and comfortably discuss spoilers.

No one is exposed to accidental spoilers, no one feels hassled to stick to the show only, helps remove temptation to click spoiler tags and ruin things. 

Last edited:

Winter is coming!!!!
:smokin Better have some full-frontal female nudity next season.

About keeping the book and show threads separate, there is a book thread but for some reason people don't like being active in it. Everyone always comes back to one of the show threads. I want a place to discuss all the books but it looks like i'd have to go to westoros.org. I need a new book to read since the new one won't be coming out for a few years. I'm tempted to buy the Dunk and Egg books to get my fix. I'm going to look for a black blanket or snuggie and wear it like i'm part of the Night's Watch.

As a newcomer to GoT (I caught up a few months ago) and as someone who has not read the books, it's pretty simple. Just make two threads. I'm sure it's been brought up but for whatever reasons it hasn't been done. AV Club separates their reviews between experts and newbies and it separates the discussion too. If you've read the books, you can certainly participate in a TV only thread, but you just don't say anything that would hint to a spoiler. Spoiler tags don't work because people quote a spoiler and add comments that still can spoil things.

One thread for strictly newcomers who haven't read the books and veterans who don't make any mention of future events

One thread for book readers to discuss the show and comfortably discuss spoilers.

No one is exposed to accidental spoilers, no one feels hassled to stick to the show only, helps remove temptation to click spoiler tags and ruin things. 

maybe people can use this thread: http://niketalk.com/t/302617/game-of-thrones-books/0_20

^
Damn. Seemed like no one liked that thread :lol:. There was an official book thread but it died off after a week. I just want a thread on book 5 so we can discuss the most recent stuff.

As a newcomer to GoT (I caught up a few months ago) and as someone who has not read the books, it's pretty simple. Just make two threads. I'm sure it's been brought up but for whatever reasons it hasn't been done. AV Club separates their reviews between experts and newbies and it separates the discussion too. If you've read the books, you can certainly participate in a TV only thread, but you just don't say anything that would hint to a spoiler. Spoiler tags don't work because people quote a spoiler and add comments that still can spoil things.

See that's the thing... no one is forcing anyone to click those. People click them then get heated *see The Walking Dead thread* or people ASK about things that will happen, it gets answered then people get mad *AGAIN see The Walking Dead thread*...

Starting a new book thread would help but it will probably die off again...

There is like 5 threads out there and each one is about something different. Everyone eventually discusses everything here.

Ok, ignore the temptation part, the rest is still valid. If there's an issue of spoilers, hints, questions and answers, just make another thread or don't talk about books in here. The Internet is a big place, if people want answers they can search.

Don't discuss, answer a question, or hint to anything in advance in one thread, free reign in another. It's pretty dumb people have to risk having things spoiled if they want to discuss the show on NT. One thread for experts, one for newbies. If everyone makes an effort, it should work.

A lot of the problems would disappear if people would just google whatever questions they have instead of asking in the threads. But this is nt, where they would rather get their post count up than use google.

BTW, I'm watching season one again right now instead of re-writing a paper that's due tomorrow :smh:.

Last edited:
Finished watching the last episode of season 2 a few nights ago. All I can say is

I see the potential in Arya Stark, I hope she becomes a great warrior by next season :smokin
I really don't like how they did Tyrion :frown:
I have so much sodium for the Lannisters right now :smh:
What is going to become of Jon Snow? :nerd:
Robb Stark married the right one, chick is :smokin
Sansa Stark is an idiot, should have left when she had the chance
Theon Greyjoy is an idiot, dude should have died :smh:
I want to smash Emilia Clarke :smokin :smokin :smokin

Am I geeky for naming my Cherry Red car Scarlett Lannister?

lol

anyone know where to get decals or shirts and stuff. the ones I saw at the book stores are ugly

I would've named it Melissandre or Ygritte. If it's a Dodge Viper then naming it Prince Oberyn "The Red Viper" would've been perfect :smokin.
lol its a Kia optima 2011

Lannister is appropriate, I didn't want to give her a name thats already in the book. .

Thanks everyone, I also love how this thread can be come active at moments notice.

so with that said. has anyone read his other works..
I've been debating getting Wind Haven or Dream songs. Vol 1. and 2.
are those worth it?

damn only 3 more months. When I saw the promo running on HBO, I was like it is about to go down. leggo. :pimp:

Haha. I'm glad someone posted that gif. I was going to mention it earlier. I wish I could dance good :frown:.

Back
Top Bottom