HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

theyll probably have to change the timeline around to have more time pass by, because its pretty much too late since I saw a funny or die skit and arya looked like a teenager pretty much. And sansa is the same size as most of the adult male cast

but in the story Sansa is a very desired lady from all the mens point of view
so her height isn't as much as a problem.

Arya though could be but at the same time camera angles, and the things she has to do as far as sneaking around and fighting its not going to look so bad on screen as others may think...

Thanks for the info on little finger btw.

my nike ids have Valar Morghulis in the inside tongue. stoked.

finally watched the lord of the rings trilogy..I did enjoy, still a bigger fan of GOT

Jon Snow better get some wildling yambs

Last edited:
i watched both seasons of this show in less than a week in december...best decision of my life.

cannot wait, for this season.

i watched both seasons of this show in less than a week in december...best decision of my life.

cannot wait, for this season.

i just rewatched both seasons myself, although not in 1 week. my wife hasnt read the books or watched any of it but knowing how fanatical i am about the show, she wanted to give it a shot. it was nice to go through both seasons again as a refresher as its been awhile since i finished the books (and since S2 ended). I feel like there were some things i missed the first time around too. One example being that Beric Dondarrion (sp?) was actually introduced in an episode in S1 when Ned assembles a group to track down the Mountain. I'm assuming the actor they cast as Beric for S3 is a different actor?

Any of y'all watch Downton Abbey? It's nothing like GOT but that Wildling chick was in the first season....that is all

One example being that Beric Dondarrion (sp?) was actually introduced in an episode in S1 when Ned assembles a group to track down the Mountain. I'm assuming the actor they cast as Beric for S3 is a different actor?

Correct. He was recast.

This was Beric in S1:

This is him now:

LL

Ive been reading each book after the season airs.... But I haven't been able to resist starting a storm of swords.

Advice from the book readers...
I've read maybe 5 or 6 chapters... Basically until it got to a point where the end of season 2 stopped in the book.

Question is should I continue reading? Or should I stop and just wait to watch the episodes?

I guess it's purely opinion, but do you guys think it will be more entertaining to watch it play out on tv or finish asos and critique as it airs.

continue reading. I was in the same boat. there are some significant differences between book.and show so far. absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
Ive been reading each book after the season airs.... But I haven't been able to resist starting a storm of swords.

I've read maybe 5 or 6 chapters... Basically until it got to a point where the end of season 2 stopped in the book.

Question is should I continue reading? Or should I stop and just wait to watch the episodes?

I guess it's purely opinion, but do you guys think it will be more entertaining to watch it play out on tv or finish asos and critique as it airs.

They're splitting ASOS into two seasons so you would have to wait 1.5 years to read the book :smh:

A LOT of stuff goes down in ASOS. Total shockers. If you want to take the ride you should watch the show. Just be ready to wait an extra year

its hard to say. i guess if you have the willpower to hold out, watch first, read after. i saw S1 before I read any of the books and then blasted my way through all the books before S2 started. Although its hard to compare the two objectively, I think S1 was leaps and bounds more enjoyable to watch than S2 was. Part of this has to do with knowing whats already going to happen.

Another big part of it is that you are comparing a 500+ page book that is rich with detail and character development, to an abridged version on TV that is cut down to 10 hours of footage. Its hard for any movie/tv adaptation to live up to a good book because there is only so much you can do with limited time and resources.

Got me hyped. :pimp:

I wouldn't. I'm in the same position. I'd rather just wait, because it's really hard to resist the urge to compare the show to the books, and I'd rather just appreciate the show now, because I know it's not gonna take away from the book nearly as much as the book would take away from the show.

And waiting is easy once the show isn't on and hype dies down. :lol:

They're splitting ASOS into two seasons so you would have to wait 1.5 years to read the book :smh:

A LOT of stuff goes down in ASOS. Total shockers. If you want to take the ride you should watch the show. Just be ready to wait an extra year

I haven't really talked to many folks who have read the books but how do you feel about it being split? I personally think it's a good move, a lot of ground to cover and gives them less time to miss stuff.

Back
Top Bottom