HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Blake is talking about Tyrion's ho (Shae) needing acting lessons, not Peter Dinklage. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

Blake is talking about Tyrion's ho (Shae) needing acting lessons, not Peter Dinklage. 

This makes more sense.

Somebody was about to get Imp slapped.

I really love the fact that Tywin is loving Arya better than his own children. He's very impressed by her (like we all are) Charles Dance does a great job and so does Maisie Williams

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

It is odd that they said "only 2 episodes left".

I can't wait to see how everything with Arya pans out. I love her character and I like the actor that plays Tywin...

They are building up the house of the undying and I've never read the books, so I can't wait to see what happens..

There are 3 episodes left...they aired the wrong promo by mistake.
"The Prince of Winterfell"

"Blackwater" (which will be an epic episode)

"Valar Morghulis"

it was weird because they aired the "2 episodes left" promo on HBO Go too.

i know jd works for hbo.  i just mean it was weird that they accidentally posted the 2 episodes left to go thing on the website as well as airing it on tv.  was kind of a big @%!* up considering how people freaked.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I really love the fact that Tywin is loving Arya better than his own children. He's very impressed by her (like we all are) Charles Dance does a great job and so does Maisie Williams

He wishes she was his own child. He's disappointed with his own children. Jaime is an impulsive and thick-headed lout (he even talks in length in this episode about how slowly he learned to read). Cersei is a manipulative self-centered @@++* who is too dense too realize she's !@*$%%+ up everything in King's Landing. (oh and let's not forget the incest) And Tyrion is an imp. He believes all of them dishonor the Lannister name. And the pride of the Lannister name is the most important thing in the world to Tywin Lannister.But Arya? Unlike Jaime she's smart. Unlike Cersei she understands her place and is well behaved. Unlike Tyrion she's good looking. She's the child he wish he had. Ironic.
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In return, Tywin is providing Arya with a new father figure, someone who appreciates her cleverness and wildness, as opposed to Ned, who tolerated her feistiness, but was always obviously hoping she'd become a proper lady eventually.[/font]

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by Cool Grey

Arya story line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> by far.

She's a really good actress.
yep. She and the actor that plays Bran are really good imo. Sophie turner( Sansa) and Tyrions +#%#% need to take lessons from those 2 kids

Tyrion is the best actor of the cast

Arya is definitely
pimp.gif
acting wise, no pedo.

Tyrion
Jaime
Cersei
Joffrey
Snow
almost the whole cast is awesome in their roles.

As someone who hasn't read the books.. who are the five most important characters up to the books that have been released so far?

Don't think I'm asking for a spoiler.. but I'm just curious as to who the top 5 are that the books focus most of their attention on.

I know Daeneryus is one of them, but who else?

who are the five most important characters up to the books that have been released so far?

IMO and in no particular order:

Spoiler [+]
1. Dany
2. Jon Snow
3. Tyrion
4. Arya (she's the only character that has at least one chapter in each book)
5. Bran/Jaime/Cersei/Sansa/Theon

Originally Posted by toine2983

who are the five most important characters up to the books that have been released so far?

IMO and in no particular order:

Spoiler [+]
1. Dany
2. Jon Snow
3. Tyrion
4. Arya (she's the only character that has at least one chapter in each book)
5. Bran/Jaime/Cersei/Sansa/Theon

Ah cool, thanks toine.
And if someone differs from toine's opinion and wants to let me know via PM to avoid spoilers, that'd be nice too.  Last thing I wanna do is spoil things on here, 'cause I remember in last season's thread I hated when people did that before the things happened on the TV.  

MrONegative wrote:

question about Jon Snow
ACOK
Spoiler [+]
If he's already caught by the wildlings, does that mean they're cutting out all the Qhorin Halfhand stuff? Good as this Ygritte's been, that was a 5 minute book scene. Them running from the wildlings was one of the best parts of ACOK.
They probably just changed it around.  The circumstances of Jon and Qhorin's next interaction will be different.
Rattleshirt's armor looks cool.  Mance Rayder won't make an appearance til next season, but I know they'll cast someone who's a bawse 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Rattleshirt's armor looks cool.  Mance Rayder won't make an appearance til next season, but I know they'll cast someone who's a bawse 
smokin.gif

people are calling for it to be my son mark anthony

tumblr_lqlackFok71qiu1coo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Nako XL

smokin.gif
people are calling for it to be my son mark anthony
I haven't seen him in anything since Camelot last year.  Got to bang out Eva Green 
smokin.gif
He makes a good living being hired for these type of shows.

he was just in that Disney movie John Carter. He's sort of type cast as the cocky/sarcastic general in a "kilt" who's pretty nice with a sword.

Caught up to episode 6 of season 2 last night. 
I've read the first 3 books. It's kind of crazy to see these people put on screen. 

The craziest part is 9 times out of 10, they cast someone that very much resembles who I picture in my mind while reading. 

The stuff with Milisandre thus far has been crazy. Excited to see the season finale. 
pimp.gif
 I assume 10 episodes for this season just like the last?

^
I still need to watch that movie.  Heard it wasn't bad.

I wish there were some Asian looking people in these books, somewhere in the Free Cities.  I'd hop on a plane and try to find work as an extra 
laugh.gif

We better see Ygritte naked before the end of the season.  Only 3 episodes left for it to happen 
mad.gif

^
I still need to watch that movie.  Heard it wasn't bad.

I wish there were some Asian looking people in these books, somewhere in the Free Cities.  I'd hop on a plane and try to find work as an extra 
laugh.gif

We better see Ygritte naked before the end of the season.  Only 3 episodes left for it to happen 
mad.gif
laugh.gif
 now that i think back on it, i dont think there is ever anyone mentioned that has Asian characteristics.  Never really thought about that.  I mean, Westerosi obviously = white folk.  Ibbenese = black.  Dothraki could be middle eastern/arab.  For some reason I feel that Braavosi's kinda look mediterranean (olive complexion with darker hair).  Not sure if they mentioned what people in Bravos look like or if I'm just projecting based on the person they cast for Syrio.

^
Maybe some of the random crew members on ships can have an Asian looking guy or two, from parts unknown.  I'd be down to be a random sailor in one of the seaport brothels 
glasses.gif

Speaking of Syrio...

Spoiler [+]
Am I the only one thinking that he still may be alive somewhere since they never really confirmed his death? This has always been in the back of my mind even after reading all 5 books...

Originally Posted by KOD843

Speaking of Syrio...

Spoiler [+]
Am I the only one thinking that he still may be alive somewhere since they never really confirmed his death? This has always been in the back of my mind even after reading all 5 books...
Spoiler [+]
if following the Syrio storyline is like any other in the Westeros universe, then i'd lean heavily torwards Syrio being dead

also book readers
Spoiler [+]
Ramsay Bolton becomes Reek? thats what some people in here seem like theyre alluding to and i completely missed that if so. details?

Back
Top Bottom