HBO's "GIRLS" Vol. "That Was Way Harsh, Tai"...

^ Yup I'll add another half hour of my life that I wasted watching this show. And there's nothing you can do about it :pimp:

Alright well we're going to collectively ignore you because you seem only interested in putting down those who watch the show. Not even the show itself, but specifically insulting those who watch it and pretending like you have a clue what you're talking about. No one is saying this show is as important as The Wire or "deals with hard hitting issues in life", but it's more than "a rich jew who just wants to get naked". And I'll save myself the time to explain it to you since you obviously aren't interested. People can discuss plenty of things that you wouldn't call "brilliant", doesn't automatically mean it's a waste of time.

For the record, the thread's title is a reference to the movie Clueless.

I am actually fascinated with the subculture of kids who are obsessed with mediocre things because they think it makes them appear cool.

For the record, I'm half jewish. Not that it makes a difference, These girls are dogs and not talented but because they're connected they have a show on HBO and are suddenly critically acclaimed.

Last edited:
I am actually fascinated with the subculture of kids who are obsessed with mediocre things because they think it makes them appear cool.
This thread isn't titled "Useless information about JUMPMAN91", so no one really cares.

No one is hoping this show makes them look cool.. if anything, saying you like the show opens them up to people like you projecting their nonsensical ramblings onto others. You probably took an entry level psych class and think you understand the world.

Last edited:
Lost my hbo someone pm me on how I can catch these this season

And you intentionally trying to rile up and insult a very small fanbase of a TV show isn't trying hard?

You can have the last word, it's not worth the energy.

Not trying to rile anyone up. I really loathe the media and people claiming this try-hard show is great when it sucks. They even got Howard Stern to apologize for calling out the obnoxious writer girl.
indifferent.gif
To prove to you guys I gave this show a fair shake, here's a screenshot of a text convo from last night, inspired by the artist dude in season 1 we're supposed to think is some Lothario
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
:

Last edited:
When Dunham and co. call out the characters on their BS, is when the show can really click. Hannah not knowing about the Glass-Steagall Act and associating Republicanism with only being anti-gay marriage and believing in gun ownership were good moments. And the fight with Donald Glover was basically a meta-commentary on Girls  when he said "there wasn't anything going on" in Hannah's essay, which many cite as the main issue with the show. 

Then we had her idiotic comments about "not seeing divisions" or caring that her boyfriend was black, and I like the way they approached it... but I hope that's not the end of it. Certainly a good start, but if Glover's gone and that's it then I'm disappointed. It could have gone a lot further and should have, but we'll see what happens.

Not enough Shoshanna.

Not trying to rile anyone up. I really loathe the media and people claiming this try-hard show is great when it sucks. They even got Howard Stern to apologize for calling out the obnoxious writer girl.
indifferent.gif
To prove to you guys I gave this show a fair shake, here's a screenshot of a text convo from last night, inspired by the artist dude in season 1 we're supposed to think is some Lothario
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
:
laugh.gif

Alright well we're going to collectively ignore you because you seem only interested in putting down those who watch the show. Not even the show itself, but specifically insulting those who watch it and pretending like you have a clue what you're talking about. No one is saying this show is as important as The Wire or "deals with hard hitting issues in life", but it's more than "a rich jew who just wants to get naked". And I'll save myself the time to explain it to you since you obviously aren't interested. People can discuss plenty of things that you wouldn't call "brilliant", doesn't automatically mean it's a waste of time.

For the record, the thread's title is a reference to the movie Clueless.

All of this! Thought the irony was pretty funny too! :lol:

Caught two episode a few days ago. I could see why someone would say that it tries too hard. Just not for me I guess.

Back
Top Bottom