HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

What Daniel did with the beat was pretty disrespectful IMO. Dude got him the meet and he wants to play that wack beat. Disgusting man.

I don't think it's "disgusting", but bypassing son that gave him that look is definitely disrespectful. Especially since he had plenty of opportunity to really hash it out with him when they first clashed over it.

Daniel should've spoken up so they could try to find a middle ground between interesting instrumentation and bass-heavy.

Basic pride **** though, he'll either get past it eventually or he just won't be getting any beats off anytime soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, y'all should stop watching.

Daniel out here emotionally sloppy. Lettiging career **** effect personal relationships.

Need to play Issa and Molly off their friends more :lol:

That thieving lady @ the laundromat :rofl:

Real talk
Daniel can’t eat the P
no way in hell
u eating and she successful in getting u to stop
Like they start of “tryna” close the legs
And push ur head away
Sayin “nooooo we cant, no” while moaning
But then when u down doing ur thing
Like really gobbling it up
They turn into jelly
And then it turns to straight moans
His p eating skills are trash

That beat with them wack *** Nordic flutes was trash. How bout you make it first then you can get your artiste on? Issas chubby friend is funny but she ain't on Lawrence's boy level.

Real talk
Daniel can’t eat the P
no way in hell
u eating and she successful in getting u to stop
Like they start of “tryna” close the legs
And push ur head away
Sayin “nooooo we cant, no” while moaning
But then when u down doing ur thing
Like really gobbling it up
They turn into jelly
And then it turns to straight moans
His p eating skills are trash

Well no means no.

Can you imagine how many think pieces would’ve been written this morning had Daniel continued after Issa said no?

Daniel is way less compelling than Lawrence.

I bet Lawrence pops up at some point this season despite what was said.

Let it go. Lawrence isn't coming back

lawren.jpg

I dunno...

Issa and Molly commented by laughing about him saying that he's excited to watch as a fan.

Could that be him teasing fans that he'll make a cameo this season?

I could see it happening as a surprise.

The general rule of relationships is like that Isley Brothers song says, "They alllllllwayyyyyys, come back to you..."

lawren.jpg

I dunno...

Issa and Molly commented by laughing about him saying that he's excited to watch as a fan.

Could that be him teasing fans that he'll make a cameo this season?

I could see it happening as a surprise.

The general rule of relationships is like that Isley Brothers song says, "They alllllllwayyyyyys, come back to you..."
You reaching he's just showing love

For someone as accomplished as Molly I find it hard to believe that she’d go into a new work environment and make all those stereotypical jokes inside of the office.

For someone as accomplished as Molly I find it hard to believe that she’d go into a new work environment and make all those stereotypical jokes inside of the office.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised and I've seen this before. Molly has a mindset that just because the Black firm didn't have the same resources that their standards were somehow less than the white firm. No way she's doing that at her old firm as evidenced by her "coaching" the black summer associate back in the first season. Molly thinks too highly of herself because of her old firm. Molly lucky she wasn't fired on the spot.

I don't even understand Daniel. Khalil didn't even change up the beat FRFR, just layed some bass heavy drums over the top.
The first beat was slow and hella boring. Was anybody else waiting for the drop that never came in? :rofl:
The second added body and vibe which is exactly what it needed. The instrumentation was still there too. Hell when he was beatboxing in the club that was almost 1for1 what Khalil did. :smh::stoneface:

2 Notes on that scene:
- Khalil drums got Spyda to move, which is really what you want
- Danny's original got a nod from Spyda tho which probably only feeds into his insecurity

His beats are designed for lyrical underground artists. Have a album set up like 9th Wonder and less MiKe WiLL.

Overall Danny was wack AF this week. ***** cant take constructive criticism at all and it is why he's exactly where he is.

Molly being judgey but the black firm got some things to clean up. You cant tell me offsite file storage and DocuSign would cost them that much, not to mention making them wildly more efficient. That courier **** gotta add so much time to their process. They gotta do better there, but the 'on time' line was outta pocket, like you just started too. She has no idea how they operate to be talking so reckless in the meeting. At least make a friend first. TF you thinking.

I keep seeing people say his beats are boring and weak in here and I'm just like, "Alright" :lol:

He's trying to sell instrumentals that work better for R&B than most modern rap, to rappers.

It would've been smarter for him to just get that co-producer credit with ol' boy and try to use that to get into rooms with people his sound suits.

Panama Jackson via VerySmartBrothas said:
I get it though, everybody wants their art to be appreciated.
But Daniel is also stupid.
You trying to get a beat on a trap-rapper with some mother****ing nordic strings, no real bop to it, and a bassline that doesn’t stand out.
Damn Daniel, do you know what the **** you’re doing? Survey says? Nope. #IStandWithKhalilsBeat

The beat was dope, just not for what he's trying to do. It's TOO slow for the customer and the audience.

Daniel continually acts like a cornball around Spyda too :lol:

Spyda: Sorry we late, one of the homies got shot
Daniel: OMG! Is he alright?!?
Spyda: .....Nah :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom