HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

I don't even understand Daniel. Khalil didn't even change up the beat FRFR, just layed some bass heavy drums over the top.
The first beat was slow and hella boring. Was anybody else waiting for the drop that never came in? :rofl:
The second added body and vibe which is exactly what it needed. The instrumentation was still there too. Hell when he was beatboxing in the club that was almost 1for1 what Khalil did. :smh::stoneface:
Low-key FACTS

:lol:

He seem like the type that's its only dope when he does it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Show kinda sucks without Lawrence.
I don't believe any of y'all :lol:

If you don't like the show, don't like it.

But nobody is fooling anyone fronting like Lawrence was carrying the show, or what was going on with him was mad interesting :lol:

D0954841-1EE6-4B7D-8F70-FB7C9CE72BF4.gif

225AEC6E-74E1-4B0E-89EB-C885475972EB.gif

B79603B9-965E-4303-AA44-92960E8CADFA.gif

Issa better apply to that new joint she was talking to. I'm really surprised she wasn't looking to leave "We Got Y'all" after the demotion.

Molly was tryin way too hard to be extra...
And a lot of yall seem Hella confused. Season 1 yall was callin Ldog a bum and soft, season 2 even softer and holder of L's, 1 or 2 W's. Now season 3 roll around and somehow he's hella relatable >D

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Show kinda sucks without Lawrence.
I don't believe any of y'all :lol:

If you don't like the show, don't like it.

But nobody is fooling anyone fronting like Lawrence was carrying the show, or what was going on with him was mad interesting :lol:
Lawrence wasn’t carry the show, but he was more relatable to us men over Daniel.
That's another thing, I get most of dudes on here and have the show a chance off of a few make characters if you weren't in to Issa but I never fooled myself in to thinking this show was 50/50 for men and women.

This is a show about women by women. It ain't necessarily just for women but complaining about supporting male characters absence hurting the show is crazy.

Last edited:

This is a show about women by women. It ain't necessarily just for women but complaining about supporting make characters absence hurting the show is crazy.

My bad.

We all wanted the main character’s love interest (Daniel) to have no depth, sell beats for a living and wear ridiculous playboy sweaters while the writers continue to try to force us to believe that this dude is worth watching on a week to week basis.

Daniel shows 0 growth from season to season and is arrogant with no redeeming qualities.

As viewers we’re supposed to be happy and entertained by his lame ***.

Lawrence on the other hand, fell on hard times, struggled to bounce back, finally did and by the time he did he was written out of the show. Not to mention Lawrence’s friend was by far the funniest person on the show and he’s now a victim of collateral damage.

If bringing back Lawrence isn’t the solution, introduce a new male character with some substance because Daniel is BORING AS HELL.

And to that point, Issa and Molly don’t do a good job carrying the show. The best episodes have been when a new character is introduced or Issa’s other friends play a bigger role- the fat girl is hilarious, give her more shine, Amanda’s character is condescending and has some bite tonher, put her in more episodes.

My bad.

We all wanted the main character’s love interest (Daniel) to have no depth, sell beats for a living and wear ridiculous playboy sweaters while the writers continue to try to force us to believe that this dude is worth watching on a week to week basis.

Daniel shows 0 growth from season to season and is arrogant with no redeeming qualities.

As viewers we’re supposed to be happy and entertained by his lame ***.

Lawrence on the other hand, fell on hard times, struggled to bounce back, finally did and by the time he did he was written out of the show. Not to mention Lawrence’s friend was by far the funniest person on the show and he’s now a victim of collateral damage.

If bringing back Lawrence isn’t the solution, introduce a new male character with some substance because Daniel is BORING AS HELL.

And to that point, Issa and Molly don’t do a good job carrying the show. The best episodes have been when a new character is introduced or Issa’s other friends play a bigger role- the fat girl is hilarious, give her more shine, Amanda’s character is condescending and has some bite tonher, put her in more episodes.
**** Daniel.

You completely missed the point of my post.

The show is not about supporting male characters b :lol:

Daniel really only exists to serve Issa's story and character arc. Writers just smart enough to give him some background and personality so he at least appears to be an actual person.

Dudes like him actually exist.

As far as having no growth dude was a damn guest star on the show s1. Just the dude Issa cheated on Lawrence with. S2 expanded more but he was in no position to get developed or grow :lol: What show you been watching.

It ain't even fair to compare Lawrence to Daniel when you just look at screen time. He finally is getting a storyline and you complaining :lol:

And besides that they basically tell you through other characters he ain't **** and not good for Issa so things won't end well.

And miss me pretending like Lawrence was that much better than Daniel anyway. Did y'all forget s1? :lol:

And yeah, like I've said before if you don't like Issa or Molly you should probably stop watching.

Who watches shows for the side and supporting characters? Who watches Martin for Tommy? Did ya watch Living Single for Kyle and Overton?

Last edited:
**** Daniel.

You completely missed the point of my post.

The show is not about supporting male characters b :lol:

Daniel really only exists to serve Issa's story and character arc. Writers just smart enough to give him some background and personality so he at least appears to be an actual person.

Dudes like him actually exist.

As far as having no growth dude was a damn guest star on the show s1. Just the dude Issa cheated on Lawrence with. S2 expanded more but he was in no position to get developed or grow :lol: What show you been watching.

It ain't even fair to compare Lawrence to Daniel when you just look at screen time. He finally is getting a storyline and you complainig :lol:

And besides that they basically tell you through other characters he ain't **** and not good for Issa so things won't end well.

And miss me pretending like Lawrence was that much better than Daniel anyway. Did y'all forget s1? :lol:

And yeah, like I've said before if you don't like Issa or Molly you should probably stop watching.

Who watches shows for the side and supporting characters? Who watches Martin for Tommy? Did ya watch Living Single for Kyle and Overton?

Seems like you’re missing the point.

The show is supposed to be centered around Issa and Molly but they haven’t been the most interesting part of the sbow for 2 and a half seasons now

That should be a warning sign if the most compelling characters are the supporting ones. It means they’re doing something wrong in the wroter’s room

Tommy was entertaining but never was more compelling than Martin & Gina. Overton & Kyle were entertaining but never were more compelling tha Khadijah & Sinclair.

The show is supposed to be centered around Issa and Molly but they haven’t been the most interesting part of the sbow for 2 and a half seasons now
That's an opinion.

I haven't missed ppl saying they don't like Issa or Molly or both. That they don't like their current stories or never liked them.

If you don't like the main characters at all its time to move on :lol:

Only a few reasons to stick around. Don't think many of you feel invested. The same old critcism for the show been present since s2

Tommy was entertaining but never was more compelling than Martin & Gina. Overton & Kyle were entertaining but never were more compelling tha Khadijah & Sinclair.
I don't in any way think fat friend, Amanda Diva's character, work friends, Lawrence, etc. are more compelling than Issa or Molly.

They might be more likable to you and others or maybe y'all dislike Issa and Molly that much but more compelling? Those characters have not had enough written about them to be called compelling. You might be interested but most of the time they're there strictly for comedy or a real talk scene or a mix of both.

At best Lawrence's friend, was funniest in his small doses.

I mean think of it this way, if you never once thought Issa's or Molly's storylines were compelling why watch the show?

You think I'd ever watch Girls just for Adam Driver?

The show is called Insecure (and it's a comedy) I think they've been doing a great job with the main and ancillary characters from the start to now.

Last edited:

That should be a warning sign if the most compelling characters are the supporting ones. It means they’re doing something wrong in the wroter’s room

This.

We saw what this show could be and want more of that.

This.

We saw what this show could be and want more of that.
But what did you see? And when?

It comes off like ep1 season 1 y'all were like yeah Lawrence, that guy has potential :lol:

Comedy wise ain't a damn thing has changed structure wise about the show.

But hey like I already said....

But what did you see? And when?

It comes off like ep1 season 1 y'all were like yeah Lawrence, that guy has potential :lol:

Comedy wise ain't a damn thing has changed structure wise about the show.

But hey like I already said....

No- you should just come to grips with the fact that people are going to criticize the show and have a different view than your own.

The last two episodes have been trash. Maybe you think they deserve an Emmy... you’re entitled to your opinion.

No- you should just come to grips with the fact that people are going to criticize the show and have a different view than your own.
This isn't about ppl not accepting that they have different opinions from each other :lol:

What posts are you reading?
The last two episodes have been trash.
Last 2 eps have been on par with all of s2.

Maybe you think they deserve an Emmy...
Nah, I think y'all are slow or in denial. Show been the show. Nothing drastic has changed.

Seems like it's more something else to me and it's dressed up as we want Lawrence back.

Maybe you never actually liked the show?

Emmy? :rofl: Man **** the Emmys. And to even say maybe I think that kinda shows where this denial is at. Dudes are pretending this show was great and had some huge fall off 3 eps in to s3 :lol: Not buying it.

This show has been trash for 2 straight seasons.
Might as well say all 3 b.

Aint no difference. No need to pretend.

Remind me of that one hating *** comedian that said only s1 of Chappelle show was good and nobody else could name any quotable from any other season :smh:

Last edited:
Someone is way too invested. :lol:
Nah I'm just being real.

I ain't pretending this show is great. I'm not pretending side characters got more potential than main characters :lol:

You would think this show went from True Detective s1 to True Detective s2 with these in denial posts.

Back
Top Bottom