HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Everybody has pretty much already been discussing it, but here's a writer's note and I'll spoiler it for people who haven't already seen this episode

Last edited:
^^ Peep Game's post is spot-on.

Even Hollywood execs know to preserve the "women are innocent and can forgive their mans" trope. Glad that the show didn't immediately have Lawrence forgiving Issa, but it's clear they'll get back together down the line.

Last edited:
We BETTER be getting more than 8 episodes next season. At least 10, but I really need 12.

I always tell chicks to leave their dude if he cheats on you. Don't believe what Steve Harvey and Tyler Perry telling y'all. Cause if you do the same to him, he gonna bounce.

Even Hollywood execs know to preserve the "women are innocent and can forgive their mans" trope. Glad that the show didn't immediately have Lawrence forgiving Issa, but it's clear they'll get back together down the line.

Your right. But I bet the show will have 1 of them *** it out for a minute before that happens.

wedont need that.. she doesnt deserve him. i want lawrence and tasha together..

Your right. But I bet the show will have 1 of them *** it out for a minute before that happens.
If they really wanna win back their female audience, they can just show Issa being depressed and ready to do anything for him next season while Lawrence turns #NTsavage.

laugh.gif

I always tell chicks to leave their dude if he cheats on you. Don't believe what Steve Harvey and Tyler Perry telling y'all. Cause if you do the same to him, he gonna bounce.

Yea that's a glaring double standard we have. We have normalized men cheating so there is a much higher likelyhood of us being "forgiven". But as men we're mad fragile whether we like to admit it or not. You find out that another dude was in them guts and some of us are a wreck.

If they really wanna win back their female audience, they can just show Issa being depressed and ready to do anything for him next season while Lawrence turns #NTsavage.

laugh.gif
sad to say issa lost some of her female audience but gained alot of males respect..lol

laugh.gif
sad to say issa lost some of her female audience but gained alot of males respect..lol
Issa is a real one for bucking the typical Hollywood tropes and smashing the widely-held belief that "all women can do no wrong."

If anything, isn't this a step towards equality? Showing both sides of the coin? I thought everyone's for equality?

Last edited:

Issa is a real one for bucking the typical Hollywood tropes and smashing the widely-held belief that "all women can do no wrong."

If anything, isn't this a step towards equality? Showing both sides of the coin? I thought everyone's for equality?
im cool with this ending cause i really thought he was gonna forgive her.. even the black women and feminists thought the same thing too.. as there wasnt anything that lead to him doing that move.. i mean the whole show we saw the one sidedness from the womens point of view but just to see a good man not forgive her.. im 100 with that.

I didn't know this thread existed.....or that this many dudes would be interested in this show. My girl put me onto it and we have been watching it every week.

I was proud of my boy Lawrence last night!! Women usually don't forgive if a man cheats, or if he does and she accepts him back she throws it in his face and weighs it over him. Dudes should do the same thing to chicks. Glad he got some revenge *** as well. Gotta put that "nice guy" nonsense to the side and go for yours in life.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
@ dudes cheering  Lawrence on while he's smashing Tasha like he just score the game winning TD in the Super Bowl.

Not surprised by women's reaction to that scene.

#womenlogic in full effect.

I didn't know this thread existed.....or that this many dudes would be interested in this show. My girl put me onto it and we have been watching it every week.

I was proud of my boy Lawrence last night!! Women usually don't forgive if a man cheats, or if he does and she accepts him back she throws it in his face and weighs it over him. Dudes should do the same thing to chicks. Glad he got some revenge *** as well. Gotta put that "nice guy" nonsense to the side and go for yours in life.

Mannnn you'd be surprised b. I've watched most of her stuff on YouTube(which I advise y'all to go check out). If we're sticking to HBO I've even watched a season and change of GIRLS [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Mannnn you'd be surprised b. I've watched most of her stuff on YouTube(which I advise y'all to go check out). If we're sticking to HBO I've even watched a season and change of GIRLS [emoji]128514[/emoji]
while the ABG had the sterotypical dudes I did like the creative control even though she went IR though.. that one whispering dude was a trip..lol

while the ABG had the sterotypical dudes I did like the creative control even though she went IR though.. that one whispering dude was a trip..lol

Yoooo he was hilarious. Speaking of other characters, if you're familiar with her previous work you'll know that she really looked out for her people. Whether they had 1 line or was a recurring character I recognized sooo many people.

Lawrence executed the mind **** flawlessly...Issa deserved nothing less, she had a good dude...he's not gonna change next season, he'll continue to be that good guy and he'll probably have something serious with Tasha....show is the realness man.

I've never been in the situation, but knowing myself and my pride, finding out I've been cheated on, it's end game regardless of the history, you violate that trust, we have nothing and I don't think I could ever look at my woman the same way or myself for that matter....

You try and pick up the broken pieces you might end up with deeper cuts

I've never been in the situation, but knowing myself and my pride, finding out I've been cheated on, it's end game regardless of the history, you violate that trust, we have nothing and I don't think I could ever look at my woman the same way or myself for that matter....

You try and pick up the broken pieces you might end up with deeper cuts

Back
Top Bottom