HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Last episode stunk. Crenshaw dude/angle is weak and watered down. The time they put into Molly I think would have been better served on Lawrence and Condola’s sub plot. A lot more they could’ve done with that one.

-the beauty of molly's character is that she's grown so much... but we just don't care. i love how taurean is patient with her, but she's learn more importantly to be patient with herself.
-dopest cameo was seeing blue the great, i love his artwork.
-always enjoy issa's brother, he's ridiculously shady.

All of Kelli’s goofy antics are supposed to come across funny because she’s fat. It’s terrible how they portray her as the fat friend.

Nate insecure in that relationship, its always been doomed to fail.

Larry threw a hail mary pass and ****ed Issa’s **** up. Are you happy?!

lemme preface this with i've been a fan of this series since the youtube days with "diary of an awkward black girl." i loved seeing this woman's work (no maxwell) go from a web series she developed to hbo, & her taking her friends & people she worked on the series with, that's one of the dopest things. but watching tonight's episode with only 1 left i'm starting to realize something, & perhaps i'm just looking tooooo deeply into it but here goes.

perhaps the show is less about her relationships with others, & more about her relationship with herself & we’ve all negated paying attention to her growth & transition into who she is. maybe it’s not about how issa looks through the lens of the male gaze of her suitors, & their patriarchal, egotistical willingness to fight each other. but about who she became, the path & people who helped her get to where she is now, & how she’s no longer “insecure” so in the end it doesn't matter if she's left with just herself, simply because that's who it's been about all along.

Back
Top Bottom