HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Exactly...that's the kicking it stage. Nothing more nothing less.

I'll concede on this too, it wasn't a relationship. They were just kicking it/dating. Although it's a bit interesting because on the second date he brought Jasmine to a provide dinner with his closest friends. Then at the end he's chasing out Issa and having a Feels Fest in front of the resto with Issa. It's kind of hypocritical that he smashed his ex when kicking it with Tasha then was still visibly struggling with his emotions over his ex while with Aparna but then he's gonna get mad at her for sending some texts and giggling. While I'm not condoning it, he's looking a little funny in the light.

Also - fantastic point about having to go to work with her on Monday. That might be the nail in the coffin that solidifies this as an L. This broad clearly is a chatty patty so she might get in her feels and start running a L-Money smear campaign around the office. Yikes

So when Tasha calls him an f-boy and it leads to their breakup, it's an L but when Jasmine does essentially same thing it's considered a W?
Maybe not a W in the purest sense, but they were clearly a step above just smashing & hot wings & fries runs.

And she's giving out molly-esque answers & and giggling with dude. He was right to speak up & inadvertently pause/stop whatever they were doing.

idk if Aparna was a full on L though. He had a right to be suspicious. Ol girl stayed cavorting with the ex and couldnt even say what she liked about him to keep smashing him.

I'll tell you what she liked.

that big ol deck.

Laughing at all his jokes and ****. Dude wasnt even close to funny.

But i bet that 9 x 7 was hilarious

Cut her loose Goose.

I've kept quiet because I didn't want to rain on her fan train in her...but ***** overrated the **** out of the shorty. Not just her looks but her entire character. Of all the L's Lawrence took...that ain't one of em. We barely know **** about shorty to be making it seem like he ruined some great thing.

I think you and I are generally in agreement about the series of events and how he botched both whatever he had going with both girls in the end by making bonehead, short-sighted decisions. It's kind of funny but you see a theme of him making poor decisions and by the time he acts to rectify them or explain is emotions, it's too late.

Think about it, if he would have played his card rights he could have had a rotation of Tasha, Jasmine and the thotty yambs from the grocery store. But now all he has left is his feels for Issa.

Yea, we are. I think he's in the mental place of wanting to talk about why/how he feels uncomfortable but doesn't want to come off as a b**** so he bottles it up and it all comes out at once.

I think he was more in his head than it being about Issa. He was so busy trying to make sense of every detail instead of living in the moment. He def could have at the VERY LEAST had Tasha every now and again. Coulda declined the family reunion which woulda hurt her feelings a bit but if he puttin' it down like we think she woulda kept letting him smash and kept trying to woo him over

Exactly...that's the kicking it stage. Nothing more nothing less.
But y'all know these women think the moment y'all smash it's a relationship.

I mean, she did say that she only smashed ol dude cause she was drunk and he was......there.
Y'all girl actually a thot and Lawrence dodged a bullet?

hmmm, upon further review that does sound like something molly would say.

Think lawrence may have inadvertently caught a W.

L-Dawg is magical. Stay turning W's into L's but found a way to turn a hidden L into a W....wow

Serendipity.

He not wrong for calling it out. I'd drop any fairly new chick still giggling with someone who smashed, not worth the wondering.

Yeah. Once he knew that she let the goof hit that was the sign to not catch feelings or have expectations for her but of course this dude starts thinking of fairy tales. You can't have no relationship with a co-worker AND she f'ed another dude at the job. Lawrence shoulda just hit it and played it cool.

Maybe not a W in the purest sense, but they were clearly a step above just smashing & hot wings & fries runs.

And she's giving out molly-esque answers & and giggling with dude. He was right to speak up & inadvertently pause/stop whatever they were doing.

That's my whole problem with clarifying this as a W because it was ended inadvertently. If he would have spoke up sooner and brought it up like an adult she would have said "Alright I'll tone it down. I'm sorry that was inappropriate.". But he waited, she played him and told him to kick rocks. Not the other way around.

I agree with everyone about this being a terrible look (hooking up with a yamb in your office that hooked up with another dude in your office and still maintains an uncomfrtably friendly relationship with him) but with the way it went, the scoreboard had Aparna with more points than L-Boogie when the clock hit 0:00 in the fourth quarter

If he would have spoke up sooner and brought it up like an adult she would have said "Alright I'll tone it down. I'm sorry that was inappropriate.".

I don't think it would have mattered. She didn't see anything wrong with it. Just woulda told him he's acting jealous and it's not that serious

Great season ending after a so-so season!

- Once Molly got that text from Dro it was a wrap. My wife didn't want to believe it :lol:
- Lawrence looks like he handed the ball to Issa, now it's in her court :smh: setting himself up to get hurt again
- That's def not that guys baby..

Yeah. Once he knew that she let the goof hit that was the sign to not catch feelings or have expectations for her but of course this dude starts thinking of fairy tales. You can't have no relationship with a co-worker AND she f'ed another dude at the job. Lawrence shoulda just hit it and played it cool.
Never should've touched her...she's way to close in the process of his job. Lawerence is the type of dude to catch feelins with 90% of the chicks he hit. He struggles with drawing the line. All the beautiful women of LA and he's hitting everything that too close. Homie lazy as hell.

Interested to see what happens with Daniel/Issa.

If there's anything that would complicate her getting back with Lawrence...its shacking up with Daniel.

Clearly Daniel has feelings for her. I think they play out the whole love triangle in season 3. Daniel and Lawrence gonna throw hands out front of Roscoe's.

Like everyone else in here, I want Larry to flourish but he is just a mental ****** when it comes to women.
  1. Smashing Issa after they broke up
  2. Telling Tasha he smashed Issa while he still smashing her
  3. Going to the family cookout
  4. Prematurely ejaculating during the threesome
  5. Falling for a co-worker
  6. Continuing to hookup with said co-worker and she said she's bust it open for other co-workers that she's still close with
  7. Bringing up his feelings about it too late
He's like that player that is so close to being in the elite/HOF tier but they have too many late game gaffes in critical moments to get there.

i think her not being black has a lot to do with it too

with tasha its oh she was moving too fast, she wanted too much etc

now aparna comes along, lawrence does the opposite (takes her out, brings her to important events in his life) and its all good

but when she flipped that script its lawrence takes a W for getting dumped

like tasha is just something to be ****** on

aparna is a prize to be beholden to

Curious...what is a non-thot? Is there anyone on the show that's not a "thot"?

what are the acceptable conditions for women to have casual sex? Under a certain number of partners?

Curious...what is a non-thot? Is there anyone on the show that's not a "thot"?

what are the acceptable conditions for women to have casual sex? Under a certain number of partners?

Women who have casual sex are "thots".
To be honest I don't have a problem with Aperna, Molly, or Issa smashin' multiple dudes having casual sex because as a sexual person I too want that freedom and I don't deserve it anymore than they do because I have balls.

BUT, society isn't that forgiving.

Women who have casual sex are "thots".
To be honest I don't have a problem with Aperna, Molly, or Issa smashin' multiple dudes having casual sex because as a sexual person I too want that freedom and I don't deserve it anymore than they do because I have balls.

BUT, society isn't that forgiving.

My thing has always been that women and other people getting offended by these terms is what makes it a big deal. Men get called dogs and other **** and don't care. If a chick wants to **** a lot of dudes cool, just own it. Don't present yourself one way and you another way.

Molly claims to want the "perfect guy" but she f's any dude that fake smiles with her. :lol: Acts like she better than them, then runs back for more d. She a confused h0e with a nice job.

My thing has always been that women and other people getting offended by these terms is what makes it a big deal. Men get called dogs and other **** and don't care. If a chick wants to **** a lot of dudes cool, just own it. Don't present yourself one way and you another way.

I think it has more to do with the fact that women are taught they their vagina is special and that it shouldn't be shared with just anyone while men are taught the ultimate goal is to get into as many vaginas as possible.
It's like fighting what society has deemed "natural" for women to be free like that. I do believe that in about 30 or so years it will tone down a bit tho

I say it's more mentality than anything. Aparna and Molly give off thot vibes, Issa not so much. She's enjoying her free period as she should, other two are phony.

Issa was a faker skeezer than Molly and Aperna tho. Issa struggled with all aspects of being a h* while Molly and Aperna almost felt at home

aster-why-is-it-that-when-a-man-has-sex-13566398.png

Back
Top Bottom