HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

giphy.gif

Money might have been super tight

Right. She's a social worker...she's more than likely living check to check. An extra $600 in a year don't sound like much but if you don't have a plan on where it's going to come from, what exactly was she supposed to do?

Clearly she moved because the rent went up...which is one of the effects of....gentrification. It's a $50 increase this year, next year it's $100, the year after that it's $200...so on and so forth.

Shorty ain't about to give up her on own apartment and sleep on couches over unresolved feelings in a relationship :lol:

Shorty ain't about to give up her on own apartment and sleep on couches over unresolved feelings in a relationship :lol:

You forgot to mention ole dude that smashed and basically forgot her, that whole neighborhood was rubbing her the wrong way even with gentrification goin on

Not to mention she didn't even mention moving until Tiffany basically said she was going nowhere in life

"only"?
you aint never been legit broke? An extra $50 off your check is PAINFUL.

Maybe if I was in my mid to late 20s but the broad in her 30s was housing a 30 something unemployed lazy (for nearly a year and some change), taking trips to Malibu, and we supposed to believe she living check to check

Nah

the gentrification issue is true and probably accurate

but i cant say that after that blow up with lawrence outside the restaurant that her "unresolved issues" cant have played a part as well

yea having her own place is nice but it wasnt her own place, it was her place with lawrence for 5 years

notice in that imaginary sequence they didnt leave that apt, she imagined they would live there together

You forgot to mention ole dude that smashed and basically forgot her, that whole neighborhood was rubbing her the wrong way even with gentrification goin on

Not to mention she didn't even mention moving until Tiffany basically said she was going nowhere in life

Again...who do you know that would give up their own apartment to willingly sleep on couches? She's basically homeless now. What would have even been the point of the scene of her getting a rent increase notice if it didn't impact the storyline?

If money wasn't the actual problem...don't you think she would have just simply been able to find another apartment? They clearly made the point that she cannot afford to live on her own.

Maybe if I was in my mid to late 20s but the broad in her 30s was housing a 30 something unemployed lazy (for nearly a year and some change), taking trips to Malibu, and we supposed to believe she living check to check

Nah

You see the job she got right? The place she was in wasn't even much.

Nah
she done maxed out that credit card(s) now bruh. times have changed

Nah
Bruh she's a social worker...she's living check to check

Again...who do you know that would give up their own apartment to willingly sleep on couches?
Lawerence??
Now tell me who do you know that lives check to check while housing a 30yr old unemployed person who can get above average job??
She would have been way more persistent about telling fam to get a job if she living check to check

Mind you she stated she was moving out gleefully as to say she's moving up
Molly or one of em mentioned rooming with and she wasn't wit it but gonna sleep on Daniel couch

Lawerence??
Now tell me who do you know that lives check to check while housing a 30yr old unemployed person who can get above average job??
She would have been way more persistent about telling fam to get a job if she living check to check

tA72EYB.jpg

He didn't pay rent...so it wasn't "his" apartment :lol:. what do you mean "housing"? Is he a baby or some ****? How many more expenses is she picking up from a grown man being unemployed? There are single mothers living 4 deep in 1 bedroom apartments barely keeping their head above water...and that's much more difficult than "housing" ONE grown man.

It's way more rational and believable for her to move because the rent went up than her suddenly not being able to stomach living there. Please answer...what was the point of them taking the time to film a scene of her receiving a rent increase and introducing the topic of gentrification if it held no weight on the storyline?

I don't understand why this hard to follow for you unless you just haven't been exposed to these realities before. I can assure MOST of the males in here have either been in these situations or know someone who has. I mean you even mentioned "Malibu trips" as being an indicator that she's not financially capped...as if there aren't chicks out here on Instagram every day "living it up" on girls trips to South Beach, coming back home to overdrawn bank accounts.

Nah

Lawerence??

Molly or one of em mentioned rooming with and she wasn't wit it but gonna sleep on Daniel couch

tA72EYB.jpg

He didn't pay rent...so it wasn't "his" apartment :lol:. what do you mean "housing"? Is he a baby or some ****? How many more expenses is she picking up from a grown man being unemployed? There are single mothers living 4 deep in 1 bedroom apartments barely keeping their head above water...and that's much more difficult than "housing" ONE grown man.

It's way more rational and believable for her to move because the rent went up than her suddenly not being able to stomach living there. Please answer...what was the point of them taking the time to film a scene of her receiving a rent increase and introducing the topic of gentrification if it held no weight on the storyline?

I don't understand why this hard to follow for you unless you just haven't been exposed to these realities before. I can assure MOST of the males in here have either been in these situations or know someone who has. I mean you even mentioned "Malibu trips" as being an indicator that she's not financially capped...as if there aren't chicks out here on Instagram every day "living it up" on girls trips to South Beach, coming back home to overdrawn bank accounts.

I'm pretty sure that L-Boogie money saved up and was paying his fair share of rent over the past two years. It wasn't like ole boy was broke which is why he was constantly going to the bank (unemployment). Once he dipped, she was covering everything (rent, cable, internet, electric, etc) and going from splitting those utilities to paying them solo can be tough in her financial situation.

I'm pretty sure that L-Boogie money saved up and was paying his fair share of rent over the past two years. It wasn't like ole boy was broke which is why he was constantly going to the bank (unemployment). Once he dipped, she was covering everything (rent, cable, internet, electric, etc) and going from splitting those utilities to paying them solo can be tough in her financial situation.

He had to swallow his pride and get a job at Best Buy. You think he was rolling in unemployment dough? Unemployment is once a week fam :lol: That ***** wasn't constantly going to the bank

They were together for 5 years. Larry was unemployed for 2 years. Fair to say Larry was good with his finances for those first 3 years on top of the unemployment he was receiving.

We can assume he wasn't in a bad place financially because he had good enough credit to get an apartment and a whip without a cosigner after being employed again only for a few months.

Got to read between lines here!

He had to swallow his pride and get a job at Best Buy. You think he was rolling in unemployment dough? Unemployment is once a week fam :lol: That ***** wasn't constantly going to the bank

I don't really know the size of unemployment checks but I thought there were references to him having Savings prior to taking the Best Buy gig. Even with a two year layoff, it's unlikely that he's going to land a big league gig without having one had prior to being unemployed.

Also to be clear - I'm in with you that it was because of the rent increase but I swore Larry had dough

Naw, him having savings was explicitly mentioned early on so he likely was a financial contributor even throughout his rut.

Expenses being too much for her was a clear motivation for her moving, and so were the feelings of stagnation/regression implied in that conversation after the marathon.

Last edited:
Curious...what is a non-thot? Is there anyone on the show that's not a "thot"?

what are the acceptable conditions for women to have casual sex? Under a certain number of partners?
Issa wasn't a thot in s1 even when she cheated on Lawrence. She herself made a conscience decision to be one in s2. Hell Molly teaching her how to be one was her basically admitting she is one.

Tiffany aint a thot from what we've seen. Kelly a freak but not a thot.

Probably less female thots than you think.

If anything you should probably lose the negative stigma attached and except that many women like men are thots.

If anything you should probably lose the negative stigma attached and except that many women like men are thots.

Quote me where I've once suggested that I personally have a negative view of "thots". I actually do accept that many women, like men, like to have casual sex.

Back
Top Bottom