HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by Vendetta

They really should extend season 2 to 15 episodes. A Game of Thrones is about 800 pages long and they're still cutting out about 1/4 of the book. One of my gripes about the show is how they cut to a new scene and expect you to immediately understand what's going on instead of spending extra time to lead into it. A Clash of Kings (book 2) is roughly 1,200 pages if I recall correctly which means you'd have 1.5x as much material to shove into 10 episodes. Just impossible to do while keeping the story coherent.

Yea. In fact I may go back and watch from the 1st episode again. I'm sure theres a lot I missed.

They really should extend season 2 to 15 episodes. A Game of Thrones is about 800 pages long and they're still cutting out about 1/4 of the book. One of my gripes about the show is how they cut to a new scene and expect you to immediately understand what's going on instead of spending extra time to lead into it. A Clash of Kings (book 2) is roughly 1,200 pages if I recall correctly which means you'd have 1.5x as much material to shove into 10 episodes. Just impossible to do while keeping the story coherent.

Yea. In fact I may go back and watch from the 1st episode again. I'm sure theres a lot I missed.

The end 
eek.gif

Nb2Ck.jpg

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I'm mad I gotta wait 2 weeks for a new ep...mighta hafta rewatch it all.
nerd.gif
This was my plan exactly, it's sad that I can't wait two weeks. 
laugh.gif

I'm mad I gotta wait 2 weeks for a new ep...mighta hafta rewatch it all.
nerd.gif
This was my plan exactly, it's sad that I can't wait two weeks. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Yea...this show is so detailed. I watched the first 3 again before the 4th one and you just see all these little seeds they planted everywhere.
I kinda like the way the show cuts around though. It doesn't get boring and repetitive. It's got a good flow to it.

Yea...this show is so detailed. I watched the first 3 again before the 4th one and you just see all these little seeds they planted everywhere.
I kinda like the way the show cuts around though. It doesn't get boring and repetitive. It's got a good flow to it.

That is how the book is except for a few chapters here and there. I do recommend for people to watch the episodes again in case they missed small details like when Arya is standing next to the dragon skull
nerd.gif

If you get too impatient you can always read the books which are better than the series
pimp.gif

That is how the book is except for a few chapters here and there. I do recommend for people to watch the episodes again in case they missed small details like when Arya is standing next to the dragon skull
nerd.gif

If you get too impatient you can always read the books which are better than the series
pimp.gif

They really need to extend the second season to 12 episodes (3 months). The ending to episode 7 was just
eek.gif

They really need to extend the second season to 12 episodes (3 months). The ending to episode 7 was just
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Guppetto

eek.gif
season 2 should be like 20 episodes

ALOT of !$!* happens in book 2

Originally Posted by Guppetto

eek.gif
season 2 should be like 20 episodes

ALOT of !$!* happens in book 2

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

HBO is already kicking out 60 mil a season, no way they gonna add more episodes

Where are you getting this number. There aren't any million dollar an episode actors, so short of the location and production costs, I'd expect a number about 1/4 of that to produce this show as we've seen it so far. In fact, I think I've seen 15 million for this season some where.

Where are you getting this number. There aren't any million dollar an episode actors, so short of the location and production costs, I'd expect a number about 1/4 of that to produce this show as we've seen it so far. In fact, I think I've seen 15 million for this season some where.

Damn.  They better put out the a dvd with the quickness after this season.  With a budget like that, we'll be lucky if they get to season 3.  They can probably cut some costs by having all the attractive female characters naked.  
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom