HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

9de352bece1548a73be61d867b1745e00b3057e.gif

The ending was better than how pictured it after reading the book

Book 2 is better than book 1 and book 3 is WAY better than the first 2...so things should get even more epic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

From an artistic standpoint I love that they kill a central character, this is not Star Trek, where only the guy in red dies. I like because the Death of a good man, great warrior and loving Father of six children happened and it happened swiftly at the hand of a capricious tyrant.

Such an outcome is in line with my view of the World, the one shared by both the the Ancient Greeks and Romans and that of my own Germanic ancestors (Anglo-Saxon, Rhinelander, Bavarian and Visigothic alike). Life is fundamentally a tragedy, we all die, we all could get killed or crippled or injured at any moment, physical and emotional pain are everywhere, old age is a time of pain and debilitation and is not one's "golden years." If you are successful, people will envy that success and someone is always out there wanting to take what you have There will always be people looking to kill, maim, rape, humiliate, subjugate you and your family (even if you have never meet them or never have wronged them in any way) and that in one form or another Winter is always coming.

I also like how we get to see the ugly and unvarnished world of absolute monarchy and the perils of win or politics. The poverty and insecurity and lack of dignity that is heaped on the shoulders of the masses, the results of the feuds between Aristocrats, is on full display and while this is listed as part of the Fantasy Genre, I hope that GoT thrones might change the minds of people who complain about how bad it is to live in a world of generally constrained government and generally unconstrained economic growth. The blandness and sameness of of our comfortable post industrial revolution, middle class lives are small prices to pay to live in a world where all but a lucky few live colorfull lives of misery, toil and poverty in rural villages and small provincial towns.

It is also one of life's tragedies that this season of GoT is so damn short.

BTW

I do not think that Cierci is worried about the Dothdraki yet. Earlier in the season she told Robert that they have no ships and no armor and no castles (and presumably no siege instruments) or discipline. Ned Stark also said that he would worry about the Dothdraki when their horses learned to gallop over the sea. Also keep in mind that Westros has formidable Naval power, it crushed the rebellion of the Iron Isles so the Dothdraki might have some trouble if the Westros Navy finds them sailing in troop transports and they have no Naval cover of their own.

Cierci was already worried about the battle with Stannis and she wanted an alliance with the North, which she described as too big to be conquered and governed. Even without an alliance with the North, she wanted them to at least just stay out of the war for King's Landing (and she will be even more disheartened to know that half of the Lannisterian forces were destroyed by Robb's army and that Jaime is a prisoner). If she wanted to avoid a war, she should have simply said that Ned Stark could leave, without bending his knee to Joffrey and just go to Winterfell and keep Sansa and Arya as hostages (to keep the North allied or at least be neutral) and when Ned dies, have Sansa marry Joffrey as was originally planned.
she's more concerned with Danaerys/the Dothraki now because their attention is divided and they don't have the large unified army that they once had.  They're facing the prospect of being attacked from 4 sides by 4 different armies all led by someone with a claim to the throne.  The worst possible scenario for her is the one Jofrey set into motion by killing Ned.  If they'd let him live they'd have the support of Ned and the entire North, Ned probably would have kept Renly at bay, and been able to reason with Stannis (although he still would have insisted on the throne) but now it's a free for all.  The last thing they want to do is have Daenerys, her army, and her dragons run up on them while they're busy defending 3 other fronts.  Now they're literally surrounded on all sides.

Oh and for those who asked, yes Cersei was smashing her cousin.  It makes sense when you think about what she said.  She likes to keep it in the family.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

From an artistic standpoint I love that they kill a central character, this is not Star Trek, where only the guy in red dies. I like because the Death of a good man, great warrior and loving Father of six children happened and it happened swiftly at the hand of a capricious tyrant.

Such an outcome is in line with my view of the World, the one shared by both the the Ancient Greeks and Romans and that of my own Germanic ancestors (Anglo-Saxon, Rhinelander, Bavarian and Visigothic alike). Life is fundamentally a tragedy, we all die, we all could get killed or crippled or injured at any moment, physical and emotional pain are everywhere, old age is a time of pain and debilitation and is not one's "golden years." If you are successful, people will envy that success and someone is always out there wanting to take what you have There will always be people looking to kill, maim, rape, humiliate, subjugate you and your family (even if you have never meet them or never have wronged them in any way) and that in one form or another Winter is always coming.

I also like how we get to see the ugly and unvarnished world of absolute monarchy and the perils of win or politics. The poverty and insecurity and lack of dignity that is heaped on the shoulders of the masses, the results of the feuds between Aristocrats, is on full display and while this is listed as part of the Fantasy Genre, I hope that GoT thrones might change the minds of people who complain about how bad it is to live in a world of generally constrained government and generally unconstrained economic growth. The blandness and sameness of of our comfortable post industrial revolution, middle class lives are small prices to pay to live in a world where all but a lucky few live colorfull lives of misery, toil and poverty in rural villages and small provincial towns.

It is also one of life's tragedies that this season of GoT is so damn short.

BTW

I do not think that Cierci is worried about the Dothdraki yet. Earlier in the season she told Robert that they have no ships and no armor and no castles (and presumably no siege instruments) or discipline. Ned Stark also said that he would worry about the Dothdraki when their horses learned to gallop over the sea. Also keep in mind that Westros has formidable Naval power, it crushed the rebellion of the Iron Isles so the Dothdraki might have some trouble if the Westros Navy finds them sailing in troop transports and they have no Naval cover of their own.

Cierci was already worried about the battle with Stannis and she wanted an alliance with the North, which she described as too big to be conquered and governed. Even without an alliance with the North, she wanted them to at least just stay out of the war for King's Landing (and she will be even more disheartened to know that half of the Lannisterian forces were destroyed by Robb's army and that Jaime is a prisoner). If she wanted to avoid a war, she should have simply said that Ned Stark could leave, without bending his knee to Joffrey and just go to Winterfell and keep Sansa and Arya as hostages (to keep the North allied or at least be neutral) and when Ned dies, have Sansa marry Joffrey as was originally planned.
she's more concerned with Danaerys/the Dothraki now because their attention is divided and they don't have the large unified army that they once had.  They're facing the prospect of being attacked from 4 sides by 4 different armies all led by someone with a claim to the throne.  The worst possible scenario for her is the one Jofrey set into motion by killing Ned.  If they'd let him live they'd have the support of Ned and the entire North, Ned probably would have kept Renly at bay, and been able to reason with Stannis (although he still would have insisted on the throne) but now it's a free for all.  The last thing they want to do is have Daenerys, her army, and her dragons run up on them while they're busy defending 3 other fronts.  Now they're literally surrounded on all sides.

Oh and for those who asked, yes Cersei was smashing her cousin.  It makes sense when you think about what she said.  She likes to keep it in the family.

WOW!
now THAT'S and ending right there!
it was a cliffhanger BUT it was very satisfying
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Dragons!
i love how they incorporated animals in this show the Darthraki (sp) with their stallions, the Starks with their wolves (Ghost killing 10 ppl
eek.gif
pimp.gif
), the khaleesi with her dragons!
man i'm hyped up for 2nd season
that red dragon is gonna be a BOSS!
for the ppl who read the book will the khaleesi get her army back? the Darthraki's? -and still wage war?

WOW!
now THAT'S and ending right there!
it was a cliffhanger BUT it was very satisfying
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Dragons!
i love how they incorporated animals in this show the Darthraki (sp) with their stallions, the Starks with their wolves (Ghost killing 10 ppl
eek.gif
pimp.gif
), the khaleesi with her dragons!
man i'm hyped up for 2nd season
that red dragon is gonna be a BOSS!
for the ppl who read the book will the khaleesi get her army back? the Darthraki's? -and still wage war?

Don't hate Sansa anymore

Really wish The Hound woulda let it happen, though

Arya and killing fat boys 
eek.gif
 weebey

Robb and his mom

Tyrion and his pops

Cersei %@!$**$ everyone
sick.gif

Drogo
frown.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Dany
eek.gif
are they %@!$**$ serious?
eek.gif
smokin.gif

I love this show. A %@!$**$ year though? 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_ln2nfrC2bE1qfv91lo1_500.gif

tumblr_ln2qxlZvwm1qaudh5.gif
So awesome.

Don't hate Sansa anymore

Really wish The Hound woulda let it happen, though

Arya and killing fat boys 
eek.gif
 weebey

Robb and his mom

Tyrion and his pops

Cersei %@!$**$ everyone
sick.gif

Drogo
frown.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Dany
eek.gif
are they %@!$**$ serious?
eek.gif
smokin.gif

I love this show. A %@!$**$ year though? 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_ln2nfrC2bE1qfv91lo1_500.gif

tumblr_ln2qxlZvwm1qaudh5.gif
So awesome.

I guess the ending was alright i wasn't that sold on it.

I know nothing about the books or the series.  I have seen every episode and thats it.  So i was kind of expecting more to happen as far as the war was concerned.  Like them marching into a battle, or them killing the lanister they had as a prisoner...idk something.

But that being said....dragons were cool.  Khalessi being naked was cooler.  But still, i like how mythical creatures are in the storyline kind of gives it an endless amount of possibilities for deaths, wars, battles etc.

Excited for season 2.  I want joffrey to die asap but the speech the old man gave made it seem like they were going to keep him around a while.

I know nothing about the books or the series.  I have seen every episode and thats it.  So i was kind of expecting more to happen as far as the war was concerned.  Like them marching into a battle, or them killing the lanister they had as a prisoner...idk something.

But that being said....dragons were cool.  Khalessi being naked was cooler.  But still, i like how mythical creatures are in the storyline kind of gives it an endless amount of possibilities for deaths, wars, battles etc.

Excited for season 2.  I want joffrey to die asap but the speech the old man gave made it seem like they were going to keep him around a while.

I think the big part ya'll are forgetting about Cersei not happy with the decision to kill Ned is, despite how despicable the Lannisters are, they mean what they say and keep their word.  So if she promised this, she meant it.  And what was up with the Maester being all spry and !#** but pretending to be old and slow?
laugh.gif

I think the big part ya'll are forgetting about Cersei not happy with the decision to kill Ned is, despite how despicable the Lannisters are, they mean what they say and keep their word.  So if she promised this, she meant it.  And what was up with the Maester being all spry and !#** but pretending to be old and slow?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

you can't resolve all of those plot threads in one episode breh
MORE WILL HAPPEN

season one is just a prologue
pimp.gif

MORE WILL HAPPEN

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

MORE WILL HAPPEN

pimp.gif

Yeah i realize this now.  But when they decided to go to war like 2 episodes ago i was super stoked like everything was gonna be crazy on the finale.  But i see now that they are setting it all up for the long run.

But yeah not too sure why the old man is pretending to be old and decrepit.  I guess that will play out later?

Originally Posted by knightngale

MORE WILL HAPPEN

pimp.gif

Yeah i realize this now.  But when they decided to go to war like 2 episodes ago i was super stoked like everything was gonna be crazy on the finale.  But i see now that they are setting it all up for the long run.

But yeah not too sure why the old man is pretending to be old and decrepit.  I guess that will play out later?

^
Was the old dude with that popular redhead prostitute?  I'm not good at recognizing the prostitutes' faces in this show, their boobs are too distracting.

I think i'm looking forward to the Night's Watch battle the most next season.  I want to see some monsters.  I wonder if Arya will ever meet up with Jon there.  He'll be out fighting so it'll be a while until he returns to the Wall.

Usually the kid actors in shows seem to grow up really fast so it'll be interesting to see how that works out with filming and if they need to re-cast.

^
Was the old dude with that popular redhead prostitute?  I'm not good at recognizing the prostitutes' faces in this show, their boobs are too distracting.

I think i'm looking forward to the Night's Watch battle the most next season.  I want to see some monsters.  I wonder if Arya will ever meet up with Jon there.  He'll be out fighting so it'll be a while until he returns to the Wall.

Usually the kid actors in shows seem to grow up really fast so it'll be interesting to see how that works out with filming and if they need to re-cast.

Back
Top Bottom