HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by Nako XL

she's more concerned with Danaerys/the Dothraki now because their attention is divided and they don't have the large unified army that they once had.  They're facing the prospect of being attacked from 4 sides by 4 different armies all led by someone with a claim to the throne.  The worst possible scenario for her is the one Jofrey set into motion by killing Ned.  If they'd let him live they'd have the support of Ned and the entire North, Ned probably would have kept Renly at bay, and been able to reason with Stannis (although he still would have insisted on the throne) but now it's a free for all.  The last thing they want to do is have Daenerys, her army, and her dragons run up on them while they're busy defending 3 other fronts.  Now they're literally surrounded on all sides.

Oh and for those who asked, yes Cersei was smashing her cousin.  It makes sense when you think about what she said.  She likes to keep it in the family.
ok so im confused with this.

Was that not Ser Loras or is Ser Loras a cousin of Cersei?  Did they talk about the relationship betweein House Lannister and House Tyrell in the show or was it only discussed in the books?

EDIT:
Ok figured it out.  That was NOT Loras.  It was Lancel, the King's old squire.  I was confused with the 2 long blond haired waify lookin dudes.   

she's more concerned with Danaerys/the Dothraki now because their attention is divided and they don't have the large unified army that they once had.  They're facing the prospect of being attacked from 4 sides by 4 different armies all led by someone with a claim to the throne.  The worst possible scenario for her is the one Jofrey set into motion by killing Ned.  If they'd let him live they'd have the support of Ned and the entire North, Ned probably would have kept Renly at bay, and been able to reason with Stannis (although he still would have insisted on the throne) but now it's a free for all.  The last thing they want to do is have Daenerys, her army, and her dragons run up on them while they're busy defending 3 other fronts.  Now they're literally surrounded on all sides.

Oh and for those who asked, yes Cersei was smashing her cousin.  It makes sense when you think about what she said.  She likes to keep it in the family.

Was that not Ser Loras or is Ser Loras a cousin of Cersei?  Did they talk about the relationship betweein House Lannister and House Tyrell in the show or was it only discussed in the books?

EDIT:
Ok figured it out.  That was NOT Loras.  It was Lancel, the King's old squire.  I was confused with the 2 long blond haired waify lookin dudes.   

Yea, Loras is the knight who is romantically involved with Robert's younger brother, Renly (dude who tried to get Ned to side with him)

Yea, Loras is the knight who is romantically involved with Robert's younger brother, Renly (dude who tried to get Ned to side with him)

Great show.....im hating on the fact that the show wont be back till spring 2012. Its too far away, smh.....
And also Daenerys is bangin, I mostdef would give it to her.

Great show.....im hating on the fact that the show wont be back till spring 2012. Its too far away, smh.....
And also Daenerys is bangin, I mostdef would give it to her.

i dont get the part of the old guy priest scene? is he a sorcerer/magic? he's talking about how he saw alot of kings before so he must be very old. is he immortal?

i dont get the part of the old guy priest scene? is he a sorcerer/magic? he's talking about how he saw alot of kings before so he must be very old. is he immortal?

Originally Posted by Drama23

i could be wrong but i doubt its anything crazy like that.

old guy is the grand maester, which (i could be wrong) is a class/job title of sorts.   Maesters are like the scholars/learned folks of the realm, and as Grand Maester he is kinda the top dog amongst all of the maesters.  The old guy at Winterfell who stopped the wildling chick from getting raped by Robb's right hand man is also a maester.

i think they threw that scene into the episode just so they could show us some gratuitous full frontal.  another possible reason is to show us that Grand Maester Aaemon is just as conniving as the rest of the dudes in Kings Landing.  He probably pretends to be weak and cripply so that people underestimate him and/or dont consider him to be a threat of any kind.

old guy is the grand maester, which (i could be wrong) is a class/job title of sorts.   Maesters are like the scholars/learned folks of the realm, and as Grand Maester he is kinda the top dog amongst all of the maesters.  The old guy at Winterfell who stopped the wildling chick from getting raped by Robb's right hand man is also a maester.

i think they threw that scene into the episode just so they could show us some gratuitous full frontal.  another possible reason is to show us that Grand Maester Aaemon is just as conniving as the rest of the dudes in Kings Landing.  He probably pretends to be weak and cripply so that people underestimate him and/or dont consider him to be a threat of any kind.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

This is another scene not located in the book but yes its main purpose is to give you some background info, some nudity, and show that EVERYONE is playing the game of thrones.  Not just those thrust infront of you.

This is another scene not located in the book but yes its main purpose is to give you some background info, some nudity, and show that EVERYONE is playing the game of thrones.  Not just those thrust infront of you.

He probably pretends to be weak and cripply so that people underestimate him and/or dont consider him to be a threat of any kind.

this. i think dude was playing old and feeble minded because after she left immediately sprung up and started with his stretching routine, then he leaves and hunches himself over. I know it doesn't sound related, but being close with kings for so many years he knows you probably can't trust anybody (aren't all the working girls reporting back to little finger in the end).  Plus he starts to talk up and praise Joffrey while everyone knows he's driving them straight into war. 
or he's just a crazy old person. I just think they where trying to show something more since they named the episode after his rant. (the whole fire and blood line).

He probably pretends to be weak and cripply so that people underestimate him and/or dont consider him to be a threat of any kind.

this. i think dude was playing old and feeble minded because after she left immediately sprung up and started with his stretching routine, then he leaves and hunches himself over. I know it doesn't sound related, but being close with kings for so many years he knows you probably can't trust anybody (aren't all the working girls reporting back to little finger in the end).  Plus he starts to talk up and praise Joffrey while everyone knows he's driving them straight into war. 
or he's just a crazy old person. I just think they where trying to show something more since they named the episode after his rant. (the whole fire and blood line).

Originally Posted by Vendetta

i thought he was blind? if so that scene made me think he wasnt blind 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 @ him stretching after smashing that wench 

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was Ser Loras too.

EDIT:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was Ser Loras too.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

There's a scene in the middle of the second book that actually uses this seen as a prelude to it all.  I'm like 550 into the 2nd book and I vouch for whoever said that the 2nd is better than the first.  It's not even close IMO.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

There's a scene in the middle of the second book that actually uses this seen as a prelude to it all.  I'm like 550 into the 2nd book and I vouch for whoever said that the 2nd is better than the first.  It's not even close IMO.

Back
Top Bottom