HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

[h2]Mindhole Blowers: 20 Facts About "Game of Thrones" That Might Leave You Crippled, a Bastard or a Broken Thing[/h2]
Eddard-Stark-thumb-550x392-39879.jpg

When HBO’s first fantasy series outing came thundering into our living rooms, all swords and sex, beheadings and butchering, many of us didn’t know what to expect. For the uninitiated, a new kind of epic and thrilling adventure began—and for the already ardent fans, “Game of Thronesâ€

you don't know what i mean when i put "
frown.gif
"
he could have stubbed his toe...
broken a fingernail
lost a hand
a foot
i suggest you guys to read it... it really is good.

Spoiler [+]
where do you guys think they sent Davos to go after Rickon?
that's the one thing i couldn't figure out this series...
nerd.gif

frown.gif
"
broken a fingernail
lost a hand
a foot

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif

TV Review
[h1]Game Of Thrones (2012)[/h1]
Reviewed by Ken Tucker | Mar 21, 2012

[h5]EW's GRADE[/h5]A-
[h2]DetailsStart Date: Apr 01, 2012; Network: HBO[/h2]
[article=""]
Throwing more grime and grim realism on screen than 99 percent of TV shows rooted in true history, the second season of the fantasy epic Game of Thrones once again plunges us into a universe of dynasties thwarted and vengeance unlimited. As they would not say on Game of Thrones: Yee-haw!

As you'd imagine, the reverberations are still being felt from last season's killing of Lord of Winterfell Ned Stark at the order of the weaselly boy king Joffrey (Jack Gleeson). The kid's overweening arrogance and the paranoid plotting of his mother, the Queen Regent Cersei (Lena Headey), threaten to weaken their hold over King's Landing, the capital of the Seven Kingdoms.

To an already large cast GoT now adds more, more, more, without suffering from bloat. Among the prominent new faces: Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon, Cersei's brother-in-law and yet another contender for the Iron Throne. And he in turn teams up with Carice van Houten's Melisandre, a dynamic ''red priestess,'' to aid him in his ruthless ambition.

Of course, jockeying for power is only one aspect of GoT's entertainment factor. The series abounds with juicy questions. How will Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) use her freshly hatched trio of dragons as she pursues her own path to dominance? How many wenches and how many warriors will Peter Dinklage's Tyrion Lannister continue to skewer verbally, while seeming to consume more wine than any man possibly could without keeling over? Will Kit Harington's Jon Snow and his filthy fellow Night's Watchmen ever come in out of the cold for a nice hot bath somewhere?

I've tried a little experiment: I had read the first volume of George R.R. Martin's saga A Song of Ice and Fire (the source material for this series) before I watched the first season of GoT so I would be familiar with the vast array of characters and plots that would develop. But I intentionally did not read the epic's second volume, A Clash of Kings, before watching the start of GoT season 2, because I wanted to see if I'd have trouble following the new intricacies.

And I'm here to report that my lack of homework in no way prevented me from becoming enthralled with this series all over again. That's a testament to what adapters David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have accomplished in whittling down and reshaping Martin's novels for weekly TV. It's difficult enough to hook a viewer like me, who resists sprawling, noncontemporary narratives; it's another level of pop culture wizardry to make such storytelling seem so vivid, so vital, and just plain fun. A-
[/article]
[article=""]

[/article]

TV Review
[h1]Game Of Thrones (2012)[/h1]
Reviewed by Ken Tucker | Mar 21, 2012

[h5]EW's GRADE[/h5]A-
[h2]DetailsStart Date: Apr 01, 2012; Network: HBO[/h2]
[article=""]
Throwing more grime and grim realism on screen than 99 percent of TV shows rooted in true history, the second season of the fantasy epic Game of Thrones once again plunges us into a universe of dynasties thwarted and vengeance unlimited. As they would not say on Game of Thrones: Yee-haw!

As you'd imagine, the reverberations are still being felt from last season's killing of Lord of Winterfell Ned Stark at the order of the weaselly boy king Joffrey (Jack Gleeson). The kid's overweening arrogance and the paranoid plotting of his mother, the Queen Regent Cersei (Lena Headey), threaten to weaken their hold over King's Landing, the capital of the Seven Kingdoms.

To an already large cast GoT now adds more, more, more, without suffering from bloat. Among the prominent new faces: Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon, Cersei's brother-in-law and yet another contender for the Iron Throne. And he in turn teams up with Carice van Houten's Melisandre, a dynamic ''red priestess,'' to aid him in his ruthless ambition.

Of course, jockeying for power is only one aspect of GoT's entertainment factor. The series abounds with juicy questions. How will Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) use her freshly hatched trio of dragons as she pursues her own path to dominance? How many wenches and how many warriors will Peter Dinklage's Tyrion Lannister continue to skewer verbally, while seeming to consume more wine than any man possibly could without keeling over? Will Kit Harington's Jon Snow and his filthy fellow Night's Watchmen ever come in out of the cold for a nice hot bath somewhere?

I've tried a little experiment: I had read the first volume of George R.R. Martin's saga A Song of Ice and Fire (the source material for this series) before I watched the first season of GoT so I would be familiar with the vast array of characters and plots that would develop. But I intentionally did not read the epic's second volume, A Clash of Kings, before watching the start of GoT season 2, because I wanted to see if I'd have trouble following the new intricacies.

And I'm here to report that my lack of homework in no way prevented me from becoming enthralled with this series all over again. That's a testament to what adapters David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have accomplished in whittling down and reshaping Martin's novels for weekly TV. It's difficult enough to hook a viewer like me, who resists sprawling, noncontemporary narratives; it's another level of pop culture wizardry to make such storytelling seem so vivid, so vital, and just plain fun. A-
[/article]
[article=""]

[/article]

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
I was reading the Wiki of Fire and Ice to learn more about the history of Westoros and they mentioned that.  Just look at Rickon's page if you want to find out.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

I was also reading about Robert's Rebellion again and how everything happened.  You start putting a few clues together and I was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
.  Then I saw that it was a popular theory among fans.

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif
I was reading the Wiki of Fire and Ice to learn more about the history of Westoros and they mentioned that.  Just look at Rickon's page if you want to find out.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

I was also reading about Robert's Rebellion again and how everything happened.  You start putting a few clues together and I was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
.  Then I saw that it was a popular theory among fans.

frown.gif
"
broken a fingernail
lost a hand
a foot

eyes.gif

You might not have spoiled anything directly but now I know that something major happens to Jon Snow in Book 5, which I'm currently reading. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that whatever happens to him is probably bad based on your post so thanks for that. 

Anyway HBO posted new screenshots from Season 2:

Melisandre:

Melisandre-CaricevanHouten-HelenSloan_1332531961.jpg

Davos:

2-DavosSeaworth-LiamCunningham-HelenSloan_1332531897.jpg

Jaqen H'Ghar:

JaqenH%27Ghar-TomWlaschiha-HelenSloan_1332531922.jpg

Xaro Xhoan Daxos:

XaroXhoanDaxos-NonsoAnozie-PaulSchiraldi_1332531983.jpg

Ygritte:

Ygritte-RoseLeslie-OliverUpton_1332532033.jpg

Margaery Tyrell:

MargaeryTyrell-NatalieDormer-HelenSloan_1332531943.jpg

frown.gif
"
broken a fingernail
lost a hand
a foot

eyes.gif

You might not have spoiled anything directly but now I know that something major happens to Jon Snow in Book 5, which I'm currently reading. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that whatever happens to him is probably bad based on your post so thanks for that. 

Anyway HBO posted new screenshots from Season 2:

Melisandre:

Melisandre-CaricevanHouten-HelenSloan_1332531961.jpg

Davos:

2-DavosSeaworth-LiamCunningham-HelenSloan_1332531897.jpg

Jaqen H'Ghar:

JaqenH%27Ghar-TomWlaschiha-HelenSloan_1332531922.jpg

Xaro Xhoan Daxos:

XaroXhoanDaxos-NonsoAnozie-PaulSchiraldi_1332531983.jpg

Ygritte:

Ygritte-RoseLeslie-OliverUpton_1332532033.jpg

Margaery Tyrell:

MargaeryTyrell-NatalieDormer-HelenSloan_1332531943.jpg

Melisandre looking good 
smokin.gif
.  I might convert for her 
laugh.gif
Ygritte looks ok.  Could've picked a cuter actress.

Not sure if I like who they cast for Margaery.  She's supposed to be almost as beautiful as Cersei.  She looked better with darker hair in her previous roles.

Melisandre looking good 
smokin.gif
.  I might convert for her 
laugh.gif
Ygritte looks ok.  Could've picked a cuter actress.

Not sure if I like who they cast for Margaery.  She's supposed to be almost as beautiful as Cersei.  She looked better with darker hair in her previous roles.

I'll take acting ability over looks every time.

I forgot where I read it, but they don't plan on following the seasons exactly how they're spread in the book. So there will be a few episodes with events from book 3 in season 2. Just as there were some book 2 events in season 1.

I'll take acting ability over looks every time.

I forgot where I read it, but they don't plan on following the seasons exactly how they're spread in the book. So there will be a few episodes with events from book 3 in season 2. Just as there were some book 2 events in season 1.

Just started episode 8 and started watching the series earlier this week...on demand is the %$+*.

Glad I can catch up before Season 2 begins.

Series is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom