HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

pimp.gif
Fraij

The Penguins, was that a discovery channel special on the whole troop? If so, I saw that %%**, it was dope
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Does anyone use any of the preset color/contrast/etc. settings or do you all go through them yourselves and make adjustments? I have a 42' LG and I just have it set to the standard setting, but sometimes I thing the colors be looking kinda
grin.gif
Lighting and surrounding have a huge impact, so get a DVEcalibration disc. Navigation will turn your hairs grey, but it works to get the TV adjusted to your room. It's easily the best improvement you can do.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

pimp.gif
Fraij

The Penguins, was that a discovery channel special on the whole troop? If saw, I saw that #**%, it was dope
smokin.gif

Its from Planet Earth HD-DVD

pimp.gif
either way... im thinkin bout havin it calibrated... ISF dude that doesit for my BB said hell do all my imputs... not just 2 of em like usual

Just a quick question, why is the plasma cheaper than the LCD?

I need a hook up to buy a 32 - 37 Inch LCD Samsung (LN Model) .. I have paypal ready

Nice setups guys. Gunna your hows the LG. I was thinking about getting one of the newer LCDs one day.

Will the HDMI cables make a noticeable difference over just a regular cable hookup from a HD cable box? On a 5 year old JVC 52" 720p

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Don't do this. Buy your HDMI cable from Monoprice. Way cheaper and easier. $4.19 plus shipping for a 6ft cable.
sick.gif
eek.gif
Whats up with the cheap price? Other stores be waxin with the cables. Nice Plasma too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

120hz is not a gimmick...
It's an artificial image that makes the picture look jerky... That's my opinion though.

More details...
nerd.gif

Monoprice is legit. I've bought 4 HDMI cables from them...

As for 120hz... The top portion is how a 60hz LCD would accept the image, and below is how the 120hz handles the image.
800px-Motion_interpolation_example.jpg

Motion interpolation is a form of de-judder video processing used in various display devices such as HDTVs and video players. New frames are interpolated and inserted between standard frames to smooth the picture. Films are recorded at a frame rate of 24 frames per second (frame/s) and television is typically filmed at 25, 50, 30 or 60 frames per second (the first two being PAL, the other two from NTSC). Display devices such as HDTVs may have a refresh rate of 60, 100, 120 or even 200[sup][1][/sup]Hz. The display device can repeat the standard frames or insert new frames that are interpolated on the fly.

Doesn't the fact that you have to show a horse sprinting to demonstrate the need for this upgrade sort of mean it's worthless? I'm sure it'dmake the Kentucky Derby and the 100m dash look a lot cooler, but...

I stare at the 630 and 650 at work all day, 650 >>>>> 630

I'm in love with the 950 and XBR8 rightnow though
smh.gif

mad.gif
, your store has them in? I'm still waiting to see the 950 in person,LED backlighting ftw. I still wanna see the 860 and the 960 too. And 120hz is not a gimmick, you can see a difference. I'm prolly gonna buy a 42 inchpanasonic for myself in my room. I'm leaning towards the PZ80U though just because of the 1080p and I plan on getting a ps3. Cinco any word if they'regonna havge longer extended financing options at bestbuy soon? I know yall had 36 months 0% like a month back.

and Gunna, may I ask why you chose the 7 series, the only difference between that and the 650 is the preloaded content.

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

I stare at the 630 and 650 at work all day, 650 >>>>> 630

I'm in love with the 950 and XBR8 rightnow though
smh.gif

mad.gif
, your store has them in? I'm still waiting to see the 950 in person, LED backlighting ftw. I still wanna see the 860 and the 960 too. And 120hz is not a gimmick, you can see a difference. I'm prolly gonna buy a 42 inch panasonic for myself in my room. I'm leaning towards the PZ80U though just because of the 1080p and I plan on getting a ps3. Cinco any word if they're gonna havge longer extended financing options at bestbuy soon? I know yall had 36 months 0% like a month back.
? More details on this financing? NOW!

We had 24 months for SOOOO long, now its down to 18. But yeah home theater often has 36 months on certain brands

I know on sunday sears is gonna family and friends with no interest till 2012, I might just go with that.

Okie
laugh.gif
honestly, I was bein frugal. I wanted the 8, but the price difference between the 7 & 8 was TREMENDOUS

The economy mannnn
smh.gif

Maybe when things get back on track I'll upgrade

120hz processing creating 120 unique frames, like MotionFlow, is just one "feature" of 120hz TVs.

The other benefit of having a 120hz TV is the ability to display movies (shot at a 24hz frame rate) in a natural cadence. Each frame is multiplied by 5 to fit120. A 60hz TV has to do the 2-3-2 thing.

On a different subject, I think contrast ratios are a spec that can be misleading, especially with LCD TVs using florescent backlights because they do notdisplay an "absolute black". With new LED backlit TVs coming out, the importance of deep black levels is going to be a feature more people willunderstand.

Thanks guys for the info on the 120Hz. The financing may be a option now. mjbetch what are specs on that TV?

As far as Sony TVs, how are the W and Z models?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Thanks guys for the info on the 120Hz. The financing may be a option now. mjbetch what are specs on that TV?

As far as Sony TVs, how are the W and Z models?
sick.gif

Okie, I already downgraded to a more financially suitable, wallet friendly car.

Also,
I just can't live with financing a TV like a car. Just my personal preference. I'd rather save til I could afford the tv than to incur a debt for a TV.

I'm in the market for a new logitech harmony remote. Hopefully amazon or somewhere has some good prices goin now. I'm thinkin "one", or"880"

Back
Top Bottom