HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm telling you man, get the 650, you will NOT be disappointed!
My aunt and uncle got the 630, I havent seen it in person, but on thanksgiving i will for a comparison I suppose.
I believe the biggest difference is with the gloss finish of the 650's screen... the 630 has a Matte finish so if you got a lot of light in your room and are worried about glare...
also the 630 lacks 120hz if I recall
The 630 has it.

Other than the finish.

The 650 has 50,000 contrast ratio the 630 40,000.
The 650 has better audio.
The 650 has three HDMI ports in back the 630 has two.
The 650 has an oval-shaped stand, and the 630's is rectangular

BOTH have the 120Hz.

Has anyone seen the Samsung LN52A650 for below $1928.99, because thats what Amazon.com has it for? I don't know whether to pull the trigger now or to waituntil christmas or superbowl time.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Has anyone seen the Samsung LN52A650 for below $1928.99, because thats what Amazon.com has it for? I don't know whether to pull the trigger now or to wait until christmas or superbowl time.
You amazon is IMO the best site for TVs. I would say wait a little while. See if anything changes for Black Friday.

panasonic is the god of plasmas. You dont need to know anyone or own one to know that. Just go to the store and watch in awe.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by nnarum

I say get the Panasonic 42" 1080p... Or larger if possible.

Do you own it or know someone with one?
I own one...
nerd.gif

Panasonic 42PZ80U. It is
smokin.gif
eek.gif

I own one...
nerd.gif

Panasonic 42PZ80U. It is
smokin.gif
eek.gif
You don't have to worry about gimmicky features like 120hz because the response time is much greater. The colors are better as well. Plasma> LCD. All day, every day.

I own one...
nerd.gif

Panasonic 42PZ80U. It is
smokin.gif
eek.gif
You don't have to worry about gimmicky features like 120hz because the response time is much greater. The colors are better as well. Plasma > LCD. All day, every day.
Truth.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

panasonic is the god of plasmas. You dont need to know anyone or own one to know that. Just go to the store and watch in awe.

Nah man Pioneer's are the God of plasmas.

Anway... is it just me, or can anyone else not stand watching Cartoons like family guy in HD

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Nah man Pioneer's are the God of plasmas.

Anway... is it just me, or can anyone else not stand watching Cartoons like family guy in HD
Cartoons in HD FTW! Better colors and a sharper image!

Maybe I need to turn 120 Hz off when I watch cartoons, but it bugs my eyes like crazy

im pretty new to all this and need a tv for my ps3... im liking the prices on the DLP's.
dunno if i should go with dlp or plasma. sony or samsung
my budget would be around 1500 and im tryin to get the biggest i can get. that 61" samsung up there is sick.

I hate when people just want the biggest they can get

To me, quality of picture over size of TV.

DLP's FTL

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

im pretty new to all this and need a tv for my ps3... im liking the prices on the DLP's.
dunno if i should go with dlp or plasma. sony or samsung
my budget would be around 1500 and im tryin to get the biggest i can get. that 61" samsung up there is sick.

Are you set on just dlp and plasma? Are you open to LCD? I can find you a slew of LCDs in tat price range.

ok NT - i want a tv ($3000 max) for a gameroom thats currently empty

im thinking 46 or 52" Samsung Touch of Color 120mhz LCD, thoughts?

i mainly just play ps3, wii, and watch movies. I dont really watch tv too much (dont even have cable tv, lol...)

Should I go with TofC Samsung or just get a cheaper LCD if it means savin $ ?

Originally Posted by monday22

i mainly just play ps3, wii, and watch movies. I dont really watch tv too much (dont even have cable tv, lol...)

Get a 52" 850 series.

^ sharp gets the thumbs up and for that price
pimp.gif
I wanted to cop that tv last november...but I ran into a finacial hole
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
damn monday22...if I were just going to use a tv for gaming/movies I wouldn't even spend near 3k. Trim that down to about 1700 max.

Originally Posted by monday22

If thats your whole budget for the set up... Cut down your TV costs, then go and get some nice audio... maybe customize a 5.1 surround with a nicereceiver
pimp.gif

$1800 on a LN46A650 with $1200 to mess with on speakers + receiver...

All before tax of course.

Back
Top Bottom