HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Thanks guys for the info on the 120Hz. The financing may be a option now. mjbetch what are specs on that TV?

As far as Sony TVs, how are the W and Z models?
sick.gif
What I'm trying to build credit? I'm trying to boost it so I'll have a easier time with getting a whip next year.

any suggestions on a TV to hang over a fireplace?? would i have problems going LCD? Plasma?

i would assume theres some heat on the wall even tho it should be pretty insulated and i've seen setups like tit before
nerd.gif

like this:

Bennett-Plasma.jpg

Tre, I love my Plasmas, but the heat they give off is unbearable.
I had one in my Bedroom and had to get that +@$@ outta there. it was literally 10 degrees hotter in that room. plus Im in Florida and my bedroom is on the 2ndfloor
smh.gif

I m thinking about wall mounting the Sammy cus its Mad Light compared to the plasmas, thats another drawback.

thats a hot fireplace set up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tre, I love my Plasmas, but the heat they give off is unbearable.
I had one in my Bedroom and had to get that +@$@ outta there. it was literally 10 degrees hotter in that room. plus Im in Florida and my bedroom is on the 2nd floor
smh.gif

I m thinking about wall mounting the Sammy cus its Mad Light compared to the plasmas, thats another drawback.

thats a hot fireplace set up
pimp.gif
yea im reading up on it- i guess LCDs should be str8 ... that is a hot set up...one of the first images that came up when i searched for a pic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

any suggestions on a TV to hang over a fireplace?? would i have problems going LCD? Plasma?

i would assume theres some heat on the wall even tho it should be pretty insulated and i've seen setups like tit before
nerd.gif

like this:

Bennett-Plasma.jpg

Only if you enjoy looking UP at your TV the entire time. It gets uncomfortable. I'll post the set up sometime this weekend.

I'm looking to upgrade my 55" 1080i DLP and move to a 50" or better lcd 1080p flat pannel.
My question is how much better is 1080p lcd picture quality compared to 1080i DLP, and if it's worth it to upgrade?

120hz doesn't produce the jerky image, at least not by itself anyway. You need to have it on for the motion processing that companies use to take effect.In fact its the motion processing that makes the image jerky. It can be called AMP by Samsung, and something else by Sony (I forgot). Calibration is not reallynecessary, but it makes your picture more "accurate" according to industry standards. You might be disappointed you might not be, all I now is youbetter not be running your tv in torch mode or the mode you got your tv in. Thing looks terrible, super pixilated, bright and is what companies use to show offtheir tv's in a super bright showroom. Brighter really isn't better, they just have to make it stand out so it catches your eye in the showroom. Mysetup is as follows Toshiba 42xv540u (LCD) 120hz, with a PS3 as the primary source of HD content. The sound system is the Sony HT-CT100, a 3.1 system which canprocess LPCM sound. I can hear HD codecs like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA because the PS3 processes them inside and sends it out as a LPCM signal anyway.Remember don't bitstream with the ps3 unless your Receiever is only capable of Dolby digital and standard DTS. I would go the full 7.1 but my setup is onlyin my room so lol, that would have been way too much.

Im thinking about gettin a tv 2day...my budget is no more then $650...i want a nice 32inch or 37inch would be nice...

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

where Nnarum at, I got a new pick up my dude
pimp.gif

d3f35409e71443eda71b0e95cd302373acf5de3.pjpg

d7715dea42ad0bcda846e0b6303df0766a85eb5.pjpg

Brand New
Samsung 7 series 40in LCD 1080p

pimp.gif

is this the touch of color joint? my babys momma came home one day with it for the living room. except its 52. the TV is
pimp.gif
its gots like a little recipie book built in the TV that teaches you how to cookill post pics when i get off.

Well I couldn't find the old one so I decided to start a new one. Black Friday is coming and right after that Christmas will be rolling around. Also if you guys can post the site with the HDMI cables? This post is for FAQ's that we all have about TVs and audio equipment and if anyone wants to post PICS of their TV area setup thats cool too. I would post mine but trust me. Its not worth posting at the moment.

OK first question. Does "Dynamic contrast ratio" matter when buying a TV? I'm currently looking at two Samsung series 6 TVs. The Samsung LN40A630 has 40,000:1 DCR and the LN40A650 has 50,000:1 DCR. Whats up with that?

Oh and does 120HZ that much better than 60HZ. I plan on using the TV for just about everything.
OKay the 630 from what I heard has the matte screen, compared to the 650 that has a glass screen like the plasmas which in turn will give youglare. Because of the glass screen the 650 will have deeper black levels or blacker blacks. I would look into it, if you do a lot of daytime viewing and yourtv is in front of a window, then the matte screen would be better for you. However if you do a lot of night viewing, there would be little to no glare, and adeeper black level is better, then definitely go with the 650. 650 has the 120hz and so does the 630. 120hz is better, no motion blur, plus if you like themotion processing, those are available too. IF you have the ps3 or a blu-ray player, just makre sure to enable 24hz on it.

i jost got a little 19 inch for my room. Its only purpose is for gaming so i didnt want it big. My question is i noticed when i play xbox the line can lookkinda of jagged. Is this a sharpness issue or something else and what can i do to fix it.

Originally Posted by nnarum

120hz is a gimmick. I'd get a plasma over LCD anyday. Samsung, Panasonic, and Pioneer all make great plasmas. Panny and Pioneer being the better of the 3.
but when you're balling on a budget, the LCD is utilities friendly
wink.gif
but if you dont have heat in your house or gas is expensive, get a plasma cause they omit a lot of heat..keeps you warm

120hz is whack, its mad annoying. it gives me a head ache and makes the transistions from scene to scene look akward imo.

Originally Posted by salbah3

Well I couldn't find the old one so I decided to start a new one. Black Friday is coming and right after that Christmas will be rolling around. Also if you guys can post the site with the HDMI cables? This post is for FAQ's that we all have about TVs and audio equipment and if anyone wants to post PICS of their TV area setup thats cool too. I would post mine but trust me. Its not worth posting at the moment.

OK first question. Does "Dynamic contrast ratio" matter when buying a TV? I'm currently looking at two Samsung series 6 TVs. The Samsung LN40A630 has 40,000:1 DCR and the LN40A650 has 50,000:1 DCR. Whats up with that?

Oh and does 120HZ that much better than 60HZ. I plan on using the TV for just about everything.
OKay the 630 from what I heard has the matte screen, compared to the 650 that has a glass screen like the plasmas which in turn will give you glare. Because of the glass screen the 650 will have deeper black levels or blacker blacks. I would look into it, if you do a lot of daytime viewing and your tv is in front of a window, then the matte screen would be better for you. However if you do a lot of night viewing, there would be little to no glare, and a deeper black level is better, then definitely go with the 650. 650 has the 120hz and so does the 630. 120hz is better, no motion blur, plus if you like the motion processing, those are available too. IF you have the ps3 or a blu-ray player, just makre sure to enable 24hz on it.
All this info and HD talk got my head spinnin
laugh.gif
. If I hadto choose one it would be the 630. I'm also looking at the Sony W and Z series.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

120hz is whack, its mad annoying. it gives me a head ache and makes the transistions from scene to scene look akward imo.
I love 120 hz on my TV. The funny thing is, I'm so used to it, I barely notice it anymore. But if I turn it off. .... scenes look REALLYjerky.

On another note, I can't wait for TDK to drop on blu-ray. On the 650 its going to look REALLLLLY good.

There's nothing wrong with 120hz TVs. If you don't like the "smoothing out" video processing, you can just simply turn it off.

Almost all of the programs and movies you watch are either 30 or 24 frames per second and both of those numbers fit into 120 evenly.

Passed up on the 32'' Plasma Vizio for $396 to get the 22'' for $245. Regretting it now because I really didn't want a plasma so I mightpick up a 32'' LCD on Black Friday. Weighing the options right now...

61600619df1.jpg

Originally Posted by 1YoungBlink1

Im thinking about gettin a tv 2day...my budget is no more then $650...i want a nice 32inch or 37inch would be nice...

Any suggestions?

Is the reason why you want a 32-37" because of space? If thats not an issue, for $50 more you can get a Panasonic 42PX80U plasma.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

I love 120 hz on my TV. The funny thing is, I'm so used to it, I barely notice it anymore. But if I turn it off. .... scenes look REALLY jerky.

On another note, I can't wait for TDK to drop on blu-ray. On the 650 its going to look REALLLLLY good.
pimp.gif
. I wish they would have came out with a DK game.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 1YoungBlink1

Any suggestions?
The 32 inch that sears is selling for black friday they are also selling tomorrow. its $499+%5 off. Comes out to roughly 510 after tax.

I'm telling you man, get the 650, you will NOT be disappointed!
My aunt and uncle got the 630, I havent seen it in person, but on thanksgiving i will for a comparison I suppose.

what surround sounds are you guys rocking? im in the market to purchase a sound unit, already got the 650.... what should I be looking at?

My aunt and uncle got the 630, I havent seen it in person, but on thanksgiving i will for a comparison I suppose.
I believe the biggest difference is with the gloss finish of the 650's screen... the 630 has a Matte finish so if you got a lot of light inyour room and are worried about glare...

Well now I'm up to 4 options. 630, 650 and the two Sony TVs I posted. I think if I really had to choose now I would go with Sony(sony guy).

Does anybody have the W or Z series?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I believe the biggest difference is with the gloss finish of the 650's screen... the 630 has a Matte finish so if you got a lot of light in your room and are worried about glare...
also the 630 lacks 120hz if I recall

Back
Top Bottom