HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

When playing games, shadows and cinemas have grainy textures, is it my tv?
Is something not hooked up right?
Its not all the time but certain games and cinemas just dont feel HD...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Still waiting for you to tell me why thats a bad receiver for $80....

i think you meant sub, but if you really did mean receiver, i don't think anyone can tell you it's bad for $80.

it's the same one i recommended for my dad. i don't use Yamaha only because i can't get the bass response out of it that i do from my Onkyo.
i live in an apartment on the 2nd floor, so i can't use a sub. i have to redirect the low to the front speakers, and the Yamaha doesn't do that as wellas the Onkyo i have.

they finally added NBATV HD in my area
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
now all they need to do is add a HD channel for league pass

I'm looking for a TV for my bedroom. I've got a few options, but I don't know whether to get a 32 inch or spend a few hundred more for a 40.

SAMSUNG - LA32B550K1F 32 INCH FULL HD LCD TV
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/plas...ine-button-tvs&utm_campaign=buy-online-button
[h2]Sony - KDL32V5500 32 inch V5500 Series Full HD BRAVIA LCD TV
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/plasma-lcd-tvs/lcd-tv/sony-kdl32v5500-32-inch-v5500-series-full-hd-bravia-lcd-tv/436714?utm_source=JB-AU&utm_medium=button&utm_content=buy-online-button-tvs&utm_campaign=buy-online-button

It's between those two or the Sony 40 inch 5500.[/h2]

Fraij, nice setup but one thing I learned from DTV is that those HD receivers require alot of ventilation or they will start overheating. I would keep thosedoors open.

how good is THX calibration?
Would it possibly help in my afformentioned problem?
I'll post more specific specs later if neccessary.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

just got a new tv stand for my samsung 40" from '06
Before:

After:
1z5j9mf.jpg

dh9501.jpg

vpzsyu.jpg

what do you guys think?

i got the same1 last year great stand. where you get yours at
when i bought mine walmart was the cheapest iuno if its changed

Anyone with an LG LCD can recommend the best Universal Remote?

I'm waiting for some wire management things, so once I get that up I'll post my setup
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Still waiting for you to tell me why thats a bad receiver for $80....

i think you meant sub, but if you really did mean receiver, i don't think anyone can tell you it's bad for $80.

it's the same one i recommended for my dad. i don't use Yamaha only because i can't get the bass response out of it that i do from my Onkyo.
i live in an apartment on the 2nd floor, so i can't use a sub. i have to redirect the low to the front speakers, and the Yamaha doesn't do that as well as the Onkyo i have.
Yea i definitely meant Sub... im getting the 565 receiver for $240 though...which is still pretty good.

Originally Posted by taz92

Fraij, nice setup but one thing I learned from DTV is that those HD receivers require alot of ventilation or they will start overheating. I would keep those doors open.
Hmm... The HR21 i have seems to be running pretty cool... ive had it on running HD and downloading Showtime On Demand for a few hours now and itsnot even warm to the touch and the fan is blowing out cool air...

BTW does anyone know of methods of getting video off the DVR with the DirecTV boxes? I see that it has a SATA port on the back and USB on the front... any goodway of doin it?

Just got an HD cable box today because i got an HDTV the other day. The box was working fine until now. It keeps rebooting itself. I have time Warner cable bythe way. Anybody know what the cause of this or what the solution might be is?

^^ Call TW... they always got tech support and you should have some sort of solution within 5 mins of picking up the phone.

Any reccomendations on a good price for some surround sound?

I'm a simple dude, less wires and mess the better.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Any reccomendations on a good price for some surround sound?

I'm a simple dude, less wires and mess the better.

Thanks.
Budget?

stick to 2.1

You're tryin' to get a receiver, 2 fronts, center channel, and 2 rears for 500? impossible unless you buy some pos htib

MR MONDAY are soundbars any good? i like the simple look of a soundbar but don't know if its a waste of money or not. Also any other recommendations iswelcomed as long as I dont have to run a whole bunch of wires. I hate wires everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom