HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by BgL2687

MR MONDAY are soundbars any good? i like the simple look of a soundbar but don't know if its a waste of money or not. Also any other recommendations is welcomed as long as I dont have to run a whole bunch of wires. I hate wires everywhere.
Hate them...run a 2.1 setup...

Just got a 42" samsung PN42B450 for $546 at best buy
pimp.gif

Finally painted those Wire Management (got it on eBay for $9.50) and put them in, it feels a little off-centered and I know its gonna bug the hell outta me
mad.gif

37" LG LCD $400
60GB PS3 w/ HDMI Cable $150

nfgqkg.jpg

Simple.

(this sure beats my 27" Westinghouse
roll.gif
)

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Finally painted those Wire Management (got it on eBay for $9.50) and put them in, it feels a little off-centered and I know its gonna bug the hell outta me
mad.gif

37" LG LCD $400
60GB PS3 w/ HDMI Cable $150

nfgqkg.jpg

Simple.

(this sure beats my 27" Westinghouse
roll.gif
)

That tv stand looks exactly like mine.
laugh.gif

^ Nice setup. Very clean. I +$$%%@* hate seeing cables all over the place. I go crazy with cable management! WHY CANT EVERYTHING BE WIRELESS GODDAMNIT!

I need a new TV stand quick though. Any suggestions? I want something where I can watch TV / video games, but also use my TV as a PC monitor from time to time.I might just get a nice Computer desk... ? something where I can have my TV / Laptop / and an extra monitor...

I am the only one who doesn't like the TVs mounted? I rather have mine on a stand it just looks better to me

Hey do u think 720p is good enough for this size tv? It's a great deal and I'm happy with it but I'm just wondering. Also any tips on how tocalibrate it?
Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

pimp.gif
Indeed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I need a new TV stand quick though. Any suggestions? I want something where I can watch TV / video games, but also use my TV as a PC monitor from time to time. I might just get a nice Computer desk... ? something where I can have my TV / Laptop / and an extra monitor...

What color / style are you looking for?

Originally Posted by jrp44

I am the only one who doesn't like the TVs mounted? I rather have mine on a stand it just looks better to me
I wanted to do the whole TV stand with this new LCD and avoid mounting it, but I have a platform bed and it was hard finding the right style TVstand for it.

So I said eff it, $25 for a mount on eBay.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I need a new TV stand quick though. Any suggestions? I want something where I can watch TV / video games, but also use my TV as a PC monitor from time to time. I might just get a nice Computer desk... ? something where I can have my TV / Laptop / and an extra monitor...

What color / style are you looking for?

Originally Posted by jrp44

I wanted to do the whole TV stand with this new LCD and avoid mounting it, but I have a platform bed and it was hard finding the right style TV stand for it.

So I said eff it, $25 for a mount on eBay.
Next time cop it from monoprice. they're mounts are dirt cheap but work flawlessly

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Next time cop it from monoprice. they're mounts are dirt cheap but work flawlessly

Will do, by dirt cheap you mean .. how much shipped?
nerd.gif

Hey do u think 720p is good enough for this size tv? It's a great deal and I'm happy with it but I'm just wondering. Also any tips on how to calibrate it?
Originally Posted by nnarum

pimp.gif
Indeed
pimp.gif
720p is plenty. The only true 1080p source right now is BD. You will still get a great picture with 720p. Treat your plasma well, and it willreturn the favor.

One tip, after 200 hours, the picture will be even better as the phosphors will have aged dramatically.

Monday, are you crazy? Plasma > Vizio and Westinghouse LCD crap.

Where do i find out how to copy from my DirecTV DVR (Model HR21) to another HDD? AVS forums doesnt allow that talk...

Back
Top Bottom