HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

This thread soooo delievers!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just copped HDMI Cords for me X360 and PS3 for $5.99 Shipped!

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out..

In my parent's room, they have this 20something year old TV that is useless. And I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a 26 inch tv to replace theold one for their bedroom. I already looked around differen websites such as bestbuy, target, and pc richards, and the best deal I've seen so far was frombest buy. Any help would be appreciated! My budget is 400-450$ though (
frown.gif
yes I'm broke lol). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I just picked up a Panasonic TC-P42x1 for my master bedroom and it has an excellent picture. I've never had a plasma before but I must say the quality onthis 720p is close if not better than my Samsung A650 series. I still love Samsung but not bad for $560. Also where do I get those wire covers from and howhard are they to install? I have the paint.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Hey do u think 720p is good enough for this size tv? It's a great deal and I'm happy with it but I'm just wondering. Also any tips on how to calibrate it?
Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Just got a 42" samsung PN42B450 for $546 at best buy
pimp.gif
Indeed
pimp.gif
720p is plenty. The only true 1080p source right now is BD. You will still get a great picture with 720p. Treat your plasma well, and it will return the favor.

One tip, after 200 hours, the picture will be even better as the phosphors will have aged dramatically.

Monday, are you crazy? Plasma > Vizio and Westinghouse LCD crap.
some westinghouse lcd's are just rebranded sony's and samsung's

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

The hell? My post from last night is gone
nerd.gif
smh.gif

your post pulled up a login from bestbuy something due to the images. I deleted it.

Ohhhh alright. my bad... Maybe ill repost it later then.

I thought Yuku was messing with me.

Anyone know where i can trade my HD DVD titles for Blu-Rays?

I already used www.red2blu.com for all my WB titles but I wanna get Planet Earth in Blu Ray and my Bourne series transferred to Blu too...

I haven't really been following this thread, but I've come across this bit of news. If you're looking to purchase a T.V., I suggest youwait.

First they lower the price of Nintendo Wii and now this for the upcoming holiday season...

Lower TV Prices May Spur Holiday Sales
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aM8l5s_iDKX8

"Flat panels will lead the bunch," May said by telephone Sept. 25. "You'll see 32-inch flat-panel TVs for $299. You've gothigh-tech products that everybody wants at a price that everyone can afford."

Anyone got experience with Klipsch and Polk speakers?

I got a dilemma with my Front speakers that im gonna buy... its between these:

Polk TSI-100

8828067_sa.jpg

Polk TSI-200

8828076_sa.jpg

Klipsch VB-15

8988955_sa.jpg

AND also I got nowhere to put a new CENTER channel speaker that's a mm over 4.5 inches tall... I was thinking about building a small shelf over top of theTV for it but I dont think that would work very well...

(BTW I took the current fronts out of the cabinet and put them at a different angle to make the sound field better.)

Anybody have the Samsung LN46B540P8F? How do you like it?

Also just copped the SONY Bravia[emoji]174[/emoji] DVD Home Theatre System DAVHDZ485

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

They both make good speakers...

going for 2.1 or 5.1?

Polk CS10 CENTER

Then for the rears probably just got small speaker to save some $$ and get the Polk RM7 Sat's. Maybe keep a couple of my current sats if i cant get much$$$ when i sell my current system and make a 6.1 or 7.1
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Decent center channel...make a shelf above the tv for it..

Go for the TSI-200's on stands.

And polk monitor 30's for rear duty

7.1 setups usually aren't worth it..takes alot of planning to get it right

So no one has any info on wire covers for flat panels? Please help if u do.

Think the monitor 30's will be too big for what im doing...

theres no wall behind my couch so i gotta mount the rear speakers on the wall on either side of the room...

And yea I am leaning towards the TSI-200... My best buy doesnt have a theater room so i gotta roll down to the next closest one and hit up their studio to hearthese joints before i buy.

Back
Top Bottom