HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

ok, so I got ps3, tv, and "home theater"

now, last night---I had used the analog and somehow watched a movie and got the sound to come out the home theater speakers.

-Today, the home theater and TV are connected thru hdmi, was able to get sound through home theater speaks and see the ipod menu list on the TV. I'm ableto access it through HDMI 2
-I also connected the ps3 to the tv through hdmi, but now--I don't get sound through the home theater speakers, only through the TV. Visual works great.Instead of AV, I put the TV on HDMI 2

What I gotta do to get my PS3 HD sound through the hometheater speakers?? My home theater receiver only has one hdmi connection, and it's taken up by theTV. Do I need to buy an additional piece??? Maybe the receiver for the home theater need to be on a diff setting? Just to clear it up, ever when I connectedthe ps3 to the home theater receiver (using analog) , I didn't get any sound.......and I put it on the Aux 2 channel cuz that's the output I PS3 to.

I appreciate the help if you guys can give any. Thanks
smile.gif
I love my purchases!!! Just want them to work all the way, ya know?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

now, last night---I had used the analog and somehow watched a movie and got the sound to come out the home theater speakers.

-Today, the home theater and TV are connected thru hdmi, was able to get sound through home theater speaks and see the ipod menu list on the TV. I'm able to access it through HDMI 2
-I also connected the ps3 to the tv through hdmi, but now--I don't get sound through the home theater speakers, only through the TV. Visual works great. Instead of AV, I put the TV on HDMI 2

What I gotta do to get my PS3 HD sound through the hometheater speakers?? My home theater receiver only has one hdmi connection, and it's taken up by the TV. Do I need to buy an additional piece??? Maybe the receiver for the home theater need to be on a diff setting? Just to clear it up, ever when I connected the ps3 to the home theater receiver (using analog) , I didn't get any sound.......and I put it on the Aux 2 channel cuz that's the output I PS3 to.

smile.gif
laugh.gif
This is somewhat a shot in the dark, but check your audio settings on your PS3.

Until my new TV gets delivered, I'm still running my PS on my old bootleg rear projection 1080i TV. I run component to the TV for the picture and run anoptical cable from PS to my receiver for surround sound. There has to be a way for you to get the sound and picture through the receiver without gettinganother cable. Worst case, you can always pick up an optical cable and run that to the receiver and then set your audio settings on the PS3 menu to opticaland I guarantee that will work.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

-Today, the home theater and TV are connected thru hdmi, was able to get sound through home theater speaks and see the ipod menu list on the TV. I'm able to access it through HDMI 2
-I also connected the ps3 to the tv through hdmi, but now--I don't get sound through the home theater speakers, only through the TV. Visual works great. Instead of AV, I put the TV on HDMI 2

What I gotta do to get my PS3 HD sound through the hometheater speakers?? My home theater receiver only has one hdmi connection, and it's taken up by the TV. Do I need to buy an additional piece??? Maybe the receiver for the home theater need to be on a diff setting? Just to clear it up, ever when I connected the ps3 to the home theater receiver (using analog) , I didn't get any sound.......and I put it on the Aux 2 channel cuz that's the output I PS3 to.

smile.gif
laugh.gif
This is somewhat a shot in the dark, but check your audio settings on your PS3.

Until my new TV gets delivered, I'm still running my PS on my old bootleg rear projection 1080i TV. I run component to the TV for the picture and run an optical cable from PS to my receiver for surround sound. There has to be a way for you to get the sound and picture through the receiver without getting another cable. Worst case, you can always pick up an optical cable and run that to the receiver and then set your audio settings on the PS3 menu to optical and I guarantee that will work.
nvm, figured it out. Changed audio settings on ps3 to analog, then connected the ps3 to the home theater receiver

That machine must not know who I am
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I think I've narrowed my plasma tv search down to three options. The Panasonic TC-P58S1, the Samsung PN58B860, or the LG 60PS80. Obviously the Samsung isthe best TV of the options listed, but I am not sure if it is $800 better than the Panny or $400 better than the LG, but at the same time if I am making thisone time purchase, part of me wants to get one of the best plasma's available.

With the B860: you get the deepest blacks and best colors of all the options, plus I love how the TV looks aesthetically (it's 1.4" thick). However,one negative is that roughly 1/3 of these sets has been prone to make a loud annoying buzzing sound, which would definitely worry me if I'm dropping a lotof money on a set that's supposed to be the best.

With the LG you get a bigger screen (it's 60") and it also has a clean look to it. The blacks aren't as dark as the Sammy and the colorsaren't as good either. It does have streaming netflix capabilities through the back of the tv though. Also the speakers on this set are a lot better thanthe Sammy and Panasonic, this is a selling point for me because I don't currently own a surround sound system (but my roommate does and we'll probablyhave it hooked up though).

With the Panny you get the cheapest price (it's on sale on amazon for $1499). Everything I've read says the picture quality on this is a step below theV10 series from Panasonic and the B860 from Sammy. It is supposed to have great black levels and solid colors though. Also IMO this set doesn't look allthat great compared to the LG or Samsung and it weighs 31 pounds more and is much more thick than the B860 and the LG.

What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the B860: Amazon product ASIN B0024NL4ECLG 60PS80: Amazon product ASIN B0026NSXU8Panasonic TC-P58S1: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IKA1S6/?tag=niketalk0e-20

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I think I've narrowed my plasma tv search down to three options. The Panasonic TC-P58S1, the Samsung PN58B860, or the LG 60PS80. Obviously the Samsung is the best TV of the options listed, but I am not sure if it is $800 better than the Panny or $400 better than the LG, but at the same time if I am making this one time purchase, part of me wants to get one of the best plasma's available.

With the B860: you get the deepest blacks and best colors of all the options, plus I love how the TV looks aesthetically (it's 1.4" thick). However, one negative is that roughly 1/3 of these sets has been prone to make a loud annoying buzzing sound, which would definitely worry me if I'm dropping a lot of money on a set that's supposed to be the best.

With the LG you get a bigger screen (it's 60") and it also has a clean look to it. The blacks aren't as dark as the Sammy and the colors aren't as good either. It does have streaming netflix capabilities through the back of the tv though. Also the speakers on this set are a lot better than the Sammy and Panasonic, this is a selling point for me because I don't currently own a surround sound system (but my roommate does and we'll probably have it hooked up though).

With the Panny you get the cheapest price (it's on sale on amazon for $1499). Everything I've read says the picture quality on this is a step below the V10 series from Panasonic and the B860 from Sammy. It is supposed to have great black levels and solid colors though. Also IMO this set doesn't look all that great compared to the LG or Samsung and it weighs 31 pounds more and is much more thick than the B860 and the LG.

What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the B860: Amazon product ASIN B0024NL4EC LG 60PS80: Amazon product ASIN B0026NSXU8 Panasonic TC-P58S1: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IKA1S6/?tag=niketalk0e-20

If youre not the type to switch out TV's all the time and you're gonna ride it out til the thing dies, go for the gusto and get the Sammy. I waslookin at the B860 myself (smaller size though) and the picture on it is sharp as hell. It also looks damn sexy. As far as the buzzing thing, just make sureyou get it from a place where you can either replace it with no hassle (if it happens right away) or be sure to get a good warranty in place.

I honestly don't know much about the LG as I wasn't really looking into any LG sets myself. I was looking to stick primarily with a Sammy if I wentPlasma. My kid brother just bought that Panny TC-PS58S1 last week from Amazon. He said he got in when it was around $1,470 shipped and he should be gettingit any day now. I aint ever seen his place cause he lives a good 400 miles away, but dude is gonna set it up in his bedroom cause he dont wanna share with hisroommates. I guess he wants to play some COD:MW2 in life size proportions. I'll ask him about the picture quality once he gets it setup andcalibrated.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I think I've narrowed my plasma tv search down to three options. The Panasonic TC-P58S1, the Samsung PN58B860, or the LG 60PS80. Obviously the Samsung is the best TV of the options listed, but I am not sure if it is $800 better than the Panny or $400 better than the LG, but at the same time if I am making this one time purchase, part of me wants to get one of the best plasma's available.

With the B860: you get the deepest blacks and best colors of all the options, plus I love how the TV looks aesthetically (it's 1.4" thick). However, one negative is that roughly 1/3 of these sets has been prone to make a loud annoying buzzing sound, which would definitely worry me if I'm dropping a lot of money on a set that's supposed to be the best.

With the LG you get a bigger screen (it's 60") and it also has a clean look to it. The blacks aren't as dark as the Sammy and the colors aren't as good either. It does have streaming netflix capabilities through the back of the tv though. Also the speakers on this set are a lot better than the Sammy and Panasonic, this is a selling point for me because I don't currently own a surround sound system (but my roommate does and we'll probably have it hooked up though).

With the Panny you get the cheapest price (it's on sale on amazon for $1499). Everything I've read says the picture quality on this is a step below the V10 series from Panasonic and the B860 from Sammy. It is supposed to have great black levels and solid colors though. Also IMO this set doesn't look all that great compared to the LG or Samsung and it weighs 31 pounds more and is much more thick than the B860 and the LG.

What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the B860: Amazon product ASIN B0024NL4EC LG 60PS80: Amazon product ASIN B0026NSXU8 Panasonic TC-P58S1: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IKA1S6/?tag=niketalk0e-20

If youre not the type to switch out TV's all the time and you're gonna ride it out til the thing dies, go for the gusto and get the Sammy. I was lookin at the B860 myself (smaller size though) and the picture on it is sharp as hell. It also looks damn sexy. As far as the buzzing thing, just make sure you get it from a place where you can either replace it with no hassle (if it happens right away) or be sure to get a good warranty in place.

I honestly don't know much about the LG as I wasn't really looking into any LG sets myself. I was looking to stick primarily with a Sammy if I went Plasma. My kid brother just bought that Panny TC-PS58S1 last week from Amazon. He said he got in when it was around $1,470 shipped and he should be getting it any day now. I aint ever seen his place cause he lives a good 400 miles away, but dude is gonna set it up in his bedroom cause he dont wanna share with his roommates. I guess he wants to play some COD:MW2 in life size proportions. I'll ask him about the picture quality once he gets it setup and calibrated.
I had the Panasonic ordered from Amazon and all ready to go when I found out the max limit on my debit card is $1000/day. So I switched it over toelectronic draft from my bank account, but that didn't work either and Amazon ended up canceling the order.
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif

I guess I'll take this as a sign that it wasn't meant to be and go with the Samsung, as the Panasonic for $1499.99 deal has passed me by. I might waita few more weeks to purchase though to see what the prices do.

Got my 46B6000 samsung LED 2 weeks ago and loving it. Only thing I hate is reflection on the screen at times and the local dimming occuring which I'mchanging in a bit. A stand for $400 fakkk that, I got mine for $15 talking to the sears rep

Does anybody know if the Denon 590 system is worth getting for $450? I don't know alot about audio so help me out

The B6000 has local dimming? I thought only the B8500 was the only local dimming that samsung offered and the others were edge LED? maybe i was misinformed?

The B6000 has local dimming? I thought only the B8500 was the only local dimming that samsung offered and the others were edge LED? maybe i was misinformed?
true... only the 8500 has local dimming...
and to the dude looking for a plasma... get the samsung 58b860 in 1.2inches thick... very nice TV.. my boy has one and im about to cop one myself... they wereon sale a little bit ago... i think that if wait near the end of the year... you should be able to catch a good deal...

o my fault I ment like the screen starts +$*%@$% with the brightness or some****. pretty annoying but I'm gonna change it

8500 = $$$

just bought a new 46 in samsung at bestbuy for BF ... but i have a problem. .. when i use the hdmi cable the audio doesnt work, but when i use composite itworks just fine, ive tried numeros hdmi cables and still no luck

^^
you have it hooked up to a cable box?
same thing happened to me whan i bought my tv a few years ago. if it's hooked up to a cable box, you might need to go through the option son the box andchange the audio output to HDMI. that's what i had to do.

-J-

Originally Posted by SamB

Got my 46B6000 samsung LED 2 weeks ago and loving it. Only thing I hate is reflection on the screen at times and the local dimming occuring which I'm changing in a bit. A stand for $400 fakkk that, I got mine for $15 talking to the sears rep

Does anybody know if the Denon 590 system is worth getting for $450? I don't know alot about audio so help me out
Onkyo 606 is better.

what speakers are you gonna purchase?

my mans got that 1080p Toshiba 40inch. That HDTV set was so cheap and looks so good with videogames and BlueRays
eek.gif
. A steal...

Just got an LG 42" 1080p 120hz LCD from Fry's today for $649.99 before tax.

Gotta get used to 120hz tho, it's makin me kinda dizzy.

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Good scoop. The 120 does take some time to get used to. Its catches every movement
laugh.gif
. Imagine going from SD to a 120HZ tv
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Model #?

Thoughts on it?

For 650, my parents couldve gotten that instead of the Samsung 40" 60hz LCD at about the same price.

I dont know much about LG TVs though

^

It was model #42LH40.

It was on sale at Frys for $699, the pass 2 days only though. But I ordered it online 3 days earlier when it was $649. I think it's back to $899 now.

Haven't really used it that much yet but the sound and picture is great so far. I'm not an HDTV expert though.

But yeah the 120hz is really noticeable when I watched Terminator Salvation on BD and MW 2 looks great on it.

Got the Samsung LN40B630 last monday. It's the 40" 630 series(features 1080p, 120hz) it can playback video through the usb and get rss feeds viaethernet plug in. It also came with a blu ray. After my work discount and all the promotions applicable I paid $677 w/ 1 year no payments no interest buti'm gonna pay it off before new years.

Back
Top Bottom