HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Ok here's my question. I've got 4 Samsung models picked out and they range from 26-46''. Not really concerned with anything but the specs onthem. Overall, which model would be the best? I would use it for over the air digital TV, PS2, PS3, Sega Genesis, Computer monitor, and movies. Mainly spend85% of my free time on the computer.

Samsung Model - PricePoint in July - PricePoint Today
(Prices from walmart.com)

LN46B530 - $998, $929
LN40B530 - $798, $714
LN32B360 - $528, $444 (Can I at least get some opinions on this one please?!) Thanks!
LN26B360 - $448, $386

Right now I'm leaning towards the 32'' - It's for a bedroom, but my room is fairly large. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by proper english

real talk.. how MUCH better are plasmas in terms of picture quality compared to higher end LCD TVs???..

i was looking into a 37" Panasonic Viera 1080p 120Hz... but the price for this one Panasonic Plasma 42" got me thinking otherwise..

?

I have to upgrade from my tube tv. I don't really know anything about HD tv's so i was looking for some help. The tv is going to be for a living room,that isn't very big. It's going to be used for gaming, sports, movies, a little bit of everything. I was looking at LCD's because I heard plasmascan get damaged from doing a lot of gaming on it, don't know if thats true or not. But these are the ones i've been looking at

52" BRAVIA S Series LCD HDTV 1080p 60hz

46" BRAVIA V Series LCD HDTV 1080p 120hz

52" BRAVIA V Series LCD HDTV 1080p 120hz

With the 46" and the 52" V series you get a free blu ray player or ps3. Budget I don't really want to go over 1700. Thanks

^ No reason to stay clear of plasma as youll find better picture and better prices on them opposed to some of the ones youre looking at currently.

But, to choose from the ones you have in mind right now, id clearly go with the 52" V series with BDP/PS3. Assuming that lies within your $1700 budget ofcourse.

^ Thanks, i was just staying clear of plasmas because supposedly gaming a lot burns the images in, but like i said i have no idea if its true or not. Do youhave any Plasmas you could recommend?

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

I have to upgrade from my tube tv. I don't really know anything about HD tv's so i was looking for some help. The tv is going to be for a living room, that isn't very big. It's going to be used for gaming, sports, movies, a little bit of everything. I was looking at LCD's because I heard plasmas can get damaged from doing a lot of gaming on it, don't know if thats true or not. But these are the ones i've been looking at

With the 46" and the 52" V series you get a free blu ray player or ps3. Budget I don't really want to go over 1700. Thanks
Where is this deal at? I'm looking into getting a 50"+ plasma and have been thinking about a 54 or 58, but I would definitely go for a52 with a PS3.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

I have to upgrade from my tube tv. I don't really know anything about HD tv's so i was looking for some help. The tv is going to be for a living room, that isn't very big. It's going to be used for gaming, sports, movies, a little bit of everything. I was looking at LCD's because I heard plasmas can get damaged from doing a lot of gaming on it, don't know if thats true or not. But these are the ones i've been looking at

Where is this deal at? I'm looking into getting a 50"+ plasma and have been thinking about a 54 or 58, but I would definitely go for a 52 with a PS3.
nerd.gif
I was at the sony store yesterday and I saw it but sony.com also has the sale.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Just copped a 40inch Samsung LCD HDTV 1080p and wanted to hook up my PS3. Where's the bestplace to buy the HDMI cord for cheap?

And also, I'm lookin for a HDMI cord to hook up my 360 to my 19inch sharp lcd hdtv 720p.

Thanks in advance, guys.

SirDilbert2k10:I have to upgrade from my tube tv. I don't really know anything about HD tv's so i was looking for some help. The tv is going to be for a living room, that isn't very big. It's going to be used for gaming, sports, movies, a little bit of everything. I was looking at LCD's because I heard plasmas can get damaged from doing a lot of gaming on it, don't know if thats true or not. But these are the ones i've been looking at

With the 46" and the 52" V series you get a free blu ray player or ps3. Budget I don't really want to go over 1700

for $1,800 you can get a Samsung LN52B750 that will blow all those LCD's out the water... 52inch/240hz 7series.. highest model of LCD thatsamsung makes before they go into LED
plasma's dont really have burn in issues anymore

Killa Kyleon: My friend is trying to sell me this for 450....should I pull the trigger?

http://www.amazon.com/LG-...-720p-HDTV/dp/B0016PBCQY[/color]

see if any of these might catch your eye
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1640402

to me i am always willing to save a extra 100 or 200 and get something better... thats just me though

Why no reviews on this tv? I'm tryin to get a nice tv to watch movies/PS3 on in this $ range.

Sharp 46" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV (Model # LC-46SB57U) - $699.99

monoprice.com

chino905 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Just copped a 40inch Samsung LCD HDTV 1080p and wanted to hook up my PS3. Where's the best place to buy the HDMI cord for cheap?

And also, I'm lookin for a HDMI cord to hook up my 360 to my 19inch sharp lcd hdtv 720p.

Thanks in advance, guys.

soo i might finally pull the trigger on a 52' TV today ...im open to Plasma or LCD ....been doing research last couple nights ...

anyone have experience with Mitsubishi TV's? I'm looking at the
[h1]Mitsubishi - LT-52149[/h1]
height.500_watermark.1_width.500_modified.1236788112.5214.MITLT52149.jpg

was reading it a very good TV, and the sound is nice for stock speakers ...but the price is up there because not alot of people carry mitsu TV's

Originally Posted by aar1002

i need some opinions on this sound system...
Sony - BRAVIA 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+BRAVIA+1000W+5.1-Ch.+Home+Theater+System+w/Disc+Upconvert+DVD+Player/9238871.p?id=1218065493022&skuId=9238871&st=ThanksgivingWeekendSale_HomeTheater&cp=2&lp=3
9238871_sa.jpg

ALSO WHAT IS THAT THING TO THE RIGHT OF THE SPEAKER ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT....THE THING WITH THE KNOB
I have this set. Its great with my bravia's. I believe that is the wireless input to connect the two smaller speakers

so the smaller speakes are also wireless?!?! i know the big tower rear ones are wireless but they all are?!? IF so this is a must cop at least for me
eek.gif

Originally Posted by aar1002

so the smaller speakes are also wireless?!?! i know the big tower rear ones are wireless but they all are?!? IF so this is a must cop at least for me
eek.gif
I'm not sure which one you are talking about. check the specs to make sure. The two small ones for me are wireless but they connect to thewireless input by wire lol therefore they are wireless as they aren't connected to the main thing.check it out thoroughly.

I got that same Sony - BRAVIA 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System...only the rear speakers are "wireless"....i have a question on the installthough....i just want to use the system for audio...mostly for watching tv and playing ps3...i dont need the dvd player since i have my ps3...do i have to usethe digital coax, or does the HDMI output work since its both audio and video?

Back
Top Bottom