HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

I had that same bic sub a while back.

I found it best to double up on them and keep the gain low.

That way with double the power and cone area, you'll gain an automatic 6db and since they're barely moving, they stay accurate and linear.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

htpc's are the best if you're willing to build one

Word. I'll probably end up going this route. Solves all your media worries. I just need to do a lil research and I'm good.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

FYI this is a great deal on the same receiver I got. Only thing is that its not HDMI 1.4 comparable but the quality is excellent with lots of settings to adjust. Best purchase I made this year next to my Sony TV. Its $299 at Newegg after the promotional code, click the link:
82-115-197-TS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16882115197
Infinite
pimp.gif
's

I've had the 665 for over a year now, copped it for like $200 right before i left my job at best buy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Opinions on buying TVs online and extended warranty's?
Found a good deal on a Samsung UN55C6300 and about to pull the trigger.
I dont think this model is the one that will be on sale for BF.

Looking to get a surround sound system but my budget is 1000 and if anyone can give me some info on the components I need to buy.

what up guys.. i'm finally upgrading my 10 year old 14 inch samsung crt in my room for this 32in 720p 60hz TCL TV that I bought off of Amazon for 260. What are some must dos for a hd lcd tv? I've heard of "calibration disks" that make the color more accurate? Does it make a big difference?

Can someone give me some suggestions. There's too much conflicting info out there on all the types of tvs. But I'm basically looking for a 42 inch 1080p 120hz tv. I don't really care what type as long as it looks good and I don't care too much about the price. Can someone tell me what brands are good or which tvs are good?

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Can someone give me some suggestions. There's too much conflicting info out there on all the types of tvs. But I'm basically looking for a 42 inch 1080p 120hz tv. I don't really care what type as long as it looks good and I don't care too much about the price. Can someone tell me what brands are good or which tvs are good?

You really can't go wrong with Samsung, some of them are hitting real low prices too. I think a 42" 120hz  Samsung LCD can be had for around $700 or less now. This 40" Samsung 1080p 120hz LCD for $700 at BestBuy.com so I am sure you can find the same or similar for less.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

You really can't go wrong with Samsung, some of them are hitting real low prices too. I think a 42" 120hz  Samsung LCD can be had for around $700 or less now. This 40" Samsung 1080p 120hz LCD for $700 at BestBuy.com so I am sure you can find the same or similar for less.
Yea, that's moreorless what I've been reading elsewhere, and their is a sale on one for black friday. But when I looked up the tv on other sites there were numerous complaints that it gets dim after a year or so. Is this a common thing with Samsungs?

in short, black friday tvs, for the most part, suck.
All sets these years suffer from a con. Plasmas with the floating blacks.  LCDs with the blooming.  

Go to sears or Pauls and look at them in person. And, if you dont need internet on your t.v. dont bother going for the "high-end" 

my vizio died last night, after 3 years of owning it
frown.gif
. now im TV-less till i find a deal or get some more money

looking for 40-46" under $1000

Anybody have the Sharp Quattron? I was starting to look for a new TV for the living room and I was in Best Buy today...They had the 52" for like $1400....It looked nice as hell and the picture was crazy on it...I was thinking about picking it up by opening up  the Best Buy store card....I will use it for TV, and Blu Rays and PS3 probably too....Or anyone have any suggestions for a good 50-52" TV at Best Buy?

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anybody have the Sharp Quattron? I was starting to look for a new TV for the living room and I was in Best Buy today...They had the 52" for like $1400....It looked nice as hell and the picture was crazy on it...I was thinking about picking it up by opening up  the Best Buy store card....I will use it for TV, and Blu Rays and PS3 probably too....Or anyone have any suggestions for a good 50-52" TV at Best Buy?

From what I've read about the Quattrons is that by enhancing the yellow, it is actually a hindrance rather than a benefit.  It will look good in the show room because most stores max out the color for the brightest possible picture.  But you would never want those settings when watching at home.  It produces a very unlifelike picture.  The extra yellow makes skin tones seem unnatural.  Now of course, any TV needs to be properly calibrated, but from what I can gather, the Quattron is much more of a marketing gimmick than a new technology.

And really, it comes down to personal preference of what you think looks best.

Yeah thats what I was reading up on...Idk though the damn picture looks crazy clear...I'm gonna take my time to decide though

Originally Posted by jrp44

Yeah thats what I was reading up on...Idk though the damn picture looks crazy clear...I'm gonna take my time to decide though
You can never go wrong with a Sony television.
eek.gif

The HX models are pretty dope, got me 46" 3D TV and its one of the better 2D televisions on the markets. You can always find bundles floating around, some on slickdeals.net if you search the forums.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

sonys are the most returned sets on the market.

Sony's televisions are always top notch, especially the newer models. FAR better than Samsungs and I've owned both.

Reviews on the HX series are excellent as a 2D television set.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I bought my 48" set which came with a 3d blu ray player with surround sound speakers, two 3d glasses, and 3d transmitter for $1799.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can find [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bundles[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] similarly for cheaper now, check out us-appliance.com. I think I see a 55" inch bundle of the same model for the same price, and the 48" model is about 1499. Check out the slickdeals.net forums.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is one post I found:[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=1028393&t=2316577
[/font]

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

sonys are the most returned sets on the market.

Sony's televisions are always top notch, especially the newer models. FAR better than Samsungs and I've owned both.

Reviews on the HX series are excellent as a 2D television set.

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I bought my 48" set which came with a 3d blu ray player with surround sound speakers, two 3d glasses, and 3d transmitter for $1799.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can find [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bundles[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] similarly for cheaper now, check out us-appliance.com. I think I see a 55" inch bundle of the same model for the same price, and the 48" model is about 1499. Check out the slickdeals.net forums.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is one post I found:[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=1028393&t=2316577
[/font]

Thanks for the info man...Looks like that deal went up in price and I'm trying to stick to Best Buy so I can use the BB card.... I saw this TV today and it looks pretty damn good in person...Might jump on this

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...031467&skuId=9763163

Back
Top Bottom