HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Ok, so I have a AV connector cable. And I wanna play music from my iPod through my HDTV.

How do I get this to work?

maybe on of yall could help me, i need a HDMI cable for my xbox 360 that wont cost me a lot, would appreciate help.

just bought a 40" samsung 1080 p 60Hz ( i know 120 is better) for 500. what are some of the neccesities cable wise and setups i should be looking for to get the best picture possible. Im picking up an HDMI cable for the cable box and for Xbox but any other tips on it?

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

just bought a 40" samsung 1080 p 60Hz ( i know 120 is better) for 500. what are some of the neccesities cable wise and setups i should be looking for to get the best picture possible. Im picking up an HDMI cable for the cable box and for Xbox but any other tips on it?

whered you get the HDMI for the xbox and how much?

Gs i havent picked it up yet but im gonna get it from bestbuy most likely. one of my bros friends works there and can get a discount i think

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

Gs i havent picked it up yet but im gonna get it from bestbuy most likely. one of my bros friends works there and can get a discount i think

ahh damn should have read more carefuly
embarassed.gif

Do prices for Tv's usually drop around christmas time? Since i guess the new series come out soon after that? I have a TV i want, it wasnt marked down for Black Fri and i wanna know if i should wait a little bit or not?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Frys had that model for $198.00
I didn't see that at my Frys. Was it a black friday deal?

I just bought this Sony Bravia 32" from wal-mart for about $430 after taxes, fee, and warranty. Is it a good deal? The price before everything was listed at $349.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony/13422986

I also saw this Samsung 32" for $329 before taxes and such.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-LN32C350/13908910

Did I make a good choice? There were only two Bravias left, but there were about 20 Samsungs

My other option was this LG 32" from Amazon, also $329
http://www.amazon.com/LG-...id=1290929219&sr=1-2

These are all 32" 720p and 60hz. This tv is for my room if it makes any difference.

yes it will work (should get 3 feet just in case you move your xbox anytime soon) and that's all you need.

whats the best way to hide wires? Can't put them through the wall though that sounds ideal.

bought this model on Amazon for $600. retail was $2000 and i guesss now it's half that. It's a 2010 DLP set. I want a plasma but the funds arent right. I've had a DLP for the last 4 years and there's nothing terribly wrong with it (minus the fact that it only gets 1080i), so this is a nice upgrade for the price. came out to $10 an inch. no tax and free shipping made it even sweeter. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

whats the best way to hide wires? Can't put them through the wall though that sounds ideal.

They sell little plastic moldings that match the molding in homes that are paintable, they're plastic of course.

I just hide mine behind my furniture with zip ties, can't see it at all except from behind the actual furniture.

Just ordered this today for my bedroom. Is this a good deal/TV? Did some research and it seemed to get pretty good reviews on most sites I checked out. Also what's a good wall mount that I can pick up for this?

Click here

any really good recomendations on a  blu ray wireless home theater system dont know what to look into @ all just have a ps3. and a hdtv and want a good sound around my room but with all wireless speakers. any help not looking to spend more then around 500

Just picked up this monstrosity.

[h1]Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer [/h1]
dsc00565cf.jpg

Originally a grand, on sale on Newegg for 500, and they had a one day sale for $349 + free shipping (damn you slick deals).

Trying to figure out where to place this damn thing.

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

any really good recomendations on a  blu ray wireless home theater system dont know what to look into @ all just have a ps3. and a hdtv and want a good sound around my room but with all wireless speakers. any help not looking to spend more then around 500

you're not gonna go far with $500.  you'll need a receiver + the speakers.  i guess you can look into sound bars.  they have wireless subs and don't require a receiver (i think).

Mez 0ne
That sub is killer. You'll enjoy it. I had it for about 6months..loved it. I like the fact that you can visually see what your calibrating on the sub.

Back
Top Bottom