HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

My humble set up. Still deciding on a center channel but so far Im liking it a lot.
photouu.jpg
samsung d8000 nice 
pimp.gif

onkyo reciever?? cant tell

pimp.gif

This cant be the most up-to-date HT thread on NT can it? Tried searching but this is all im getting...

yup it is. I would recommend avs forum for all your HT needs. That's what I used to buy my tv and remote back in '09. Still use to this day to keep up with the latest and greatest. :pimp:

Anyone go from LCD to Plasma back to LCD?

I'm in the market for a new set. Currently have the 50" Panasonic UT50 plasma, which I love, but want a bigger set. Looking at the 60" Samsung UN60F7100 which is LCD.

I watch a lot of sports and plan on copping a PS4 for some light gaming here and there. As much as I love the UT50, there are issues with reflection and very, very minor burn in from time to time.

Really like the slim bezel sets and LCDs are good with reflection. I love the contrast and motion smoothness of plasma but with these newer LCDs it can't be that much of a difference, can it?

I just bought a sound bar system for my apartment... My neighbor downstairs said she can hear my sub vibrating so I need to do something to stop the vibration... What can I get to help???

I have the Sharp HTSB600

Thanks for the help!

I just bought a sound bar system for my apartment... My neighbor downstairs said she can hear my sub vibrating so I need to do something to stop the vibration... What can I get to help???

I have the Sharp HTSB600

Thanks for the help!
Kill her.

Anyone go from LCD to Plasma back to LCD?

I'm in the market for a new set. Currently have the 50" Panasonic UT50 plasma, which I love, but want a bigger set. Looking at the 60" Samsung UN60F7100 which is LCD.

I watch a lot of sports and plan on copping a PS4 for some light gaming here and there. As much as I love the UT50, there are issues with reflection and very, very minor burn in from time to time.

Really like the slim bezel sets and LCDs are good with reflection. I love the contrast and motion smoothness of plasma but with these newer LCDs it can't be that much of a difference, can it?

WRONG!!!!!

Get a VT or a ZT, and HURRY. Panasonic isn't making them anymore. The glare issue is pretty much non-existent on the VT and ZT. Same with burn in. I sell TV's. If I could cop any TV right now, it would be the VT or ZT.

I have the Sharp HTSB600

Thanks for the help!

Yeah theres nothing much you can do about it. There should be a Night Mode setting on the soundbar which reduces the bass that you can use for night time viewing (assuming thats when your neighbor complains).

Its not the bass that's bothering them, its the vibration... If that makes sense :lol: :lol:

I have a towel under the subwoofer for now :lol:

Glad this thread got upped. Brahs, what is a decent HDMI cable for gaming? I just got a 42" LG LCD yesterday and I think my current HDMI is causing problems with my Xbox. I've experienced some flickering when playing games and I'm pretty sure it's the cable.

I've been told that all HDMI's are created equal (for the most part). A cheap, standard length one from Monoprice should do the trick.

I've been told that all HDMI's are created equal (for the most part). A cheap, standard length one from Monoprice should do the trick.
You're probably right. I'm under the notion that mine is going bad though so I'll check MP and see what they have.

Its not the bass that's bothering them, its the vibration... If that makes sense :lol: :lol:

I have a towel under the subwoofer for now :lol:

This is exactly what's stopping me from getting a nice audio set-up. Pretty much pointless in an apartment :rolleyes

To the HDMI guys, at my store we actually cut all of our HDMI cables open once, and the more expensive ones definitely have more wiring inside of them. I wouldn't spend 150 on a cable like some people do. But the cable can definitely make a difference.

Last edited:
Whatup @Cragmatic
? Havent seen you around in a while.

I've been around man. I'm usually in the music forum, but occasionally post in general. I do remember the good old days of the non stop 2K and Madden leagues we used to run!

After seeing this thread and saw the guy asking what TV to get, I had to chime in. He better have gotten a VT or ZT, I want one of those TV's so bad.

I've been working with home theater equipment for about a year now, and am starting to get a lot more into it. So I'll definitely be checking this thread more.

Last edited:
Yea we just don't frequent the same threads.  Ones like this used to be where I see you post. 
laugh.gif

What you been doing with HT? Installs?

I'm house hunting... really putting a heavy consideration into the basement, almost prefer it not be finished so I can frame it and wire it the way I want to. 
pimp.gif

Been doing a combination of selling and installing. I really enjoy it, but after setting up someone who gets a sick system, it's hard not to be jealous and want to get new equipment of my own.

I told myself though that I'm not getting a TV until mine dies.

I'm HIGHLY considering building a nice audio package for myself. Can't decide between that or getting a really nice sound bar for the convenience factor.

After seeing this thread and saw the guy asking what TV to get, I had to chime in. He better have gotten a VT or ZT, I want one of those TV's so bad.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm still rockin with my UT for now. ZT and VT a little more than what I was trying to spend for a 60". ST or GT are more in my range. I'll check the prices again around the Superbowl. Heard that's the best time to buy TVs. But I'll probably stick with the UT unless I find a steal.

The VT is cheaper than the 7100 Samsung, and they don't even make a GT anymore do they? The ST is still an awesome set, but you can get the VT for like 300 more right now.

If an HDMI cable is under 15' its all the same in terms of quality.

And for the guys looking for an isolation stand for their sub's I've read good things about the Auralex Subdude (never used one however). I tend to just leave my sub off unless I'm watching a movie; It's too much for daily use in my apartment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom