HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by Sighfur

You guys seen the UN46C9000 yet? 3d LED, paper thin, stainless finish, probably the nicest picture i've ever seen from a tv. And the remote controller is touch screen,
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Also, mitsubishi has some incredible LED, and DLP-3D tvs, (60, 73 and 82 inch 3D DLP's) with 16 bit color processors, built in TRUE surround sound. The tv has 16 SPEAKERS that is putting out about 32 watts per channel, if you hook up a sub to it, its better than most 5.1 surround sounds. Plus built in wifi, built in bluetooth capabilities. One of the major app's on the tv is VUDU, which streams movies in 1080p.

btw, if anyone is in the tri-state area and looking for a tv, I work for PC Richard and Son, I can give you a better price than any retailer, and/or credible online source. (we price match and beat prices).

no promo, just tryna hook it up...

i dont care how many speakers it has.  if it's built into the tv you're not going to get the same imaging as your standard surround sound setup.  digital surround = garbage

I understand what you're saying, especially because there isn't rear speakers physically behind you, but you gotta hear it man, its way more than a soundbar, definitely not garbage. But it ain't no onkyo...

My current setup:

Sony HX800 46" LED 3D TV
Yamaha 7.1 channel RX-V765 Receiver + 7 speakers (two towers up front)

I am in need of solid, yet affordable POWERED sub woofer to add since I do have a 3D Blu Ray player/surround sound that came free with my television set, but I am not too crazy about it and may just replace the player with a PS3 and just get a sub woofer (since I have speakers already).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

My current setup:

Sony HX800 46" LED 3D TV

I am in need of solid, yet affordable POWERED sub woofer to add since I do have a 3D Blu Ray player/surround sound that came free with my television set, but I am not too crazy about it and may just replace the player with a PS3 and just get a sub woofer (since I have speakers already).
I have the Bic F12.  It's a beast and I highly recommend it.  I keep the dial on 3.5/10, and it gives me more than enough bass.

http://www.amazon.com/BIC...-Subwoofer/dp/B0015A8Y5M

Anyone messing with a WDTV box?

I'm thinking of putting one in the living room with a 150ft cat6 going to the Actiontec FIOS router, but i've read that some people have issues with streaming HD files
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I'm thinking of putting one in the living room with a 150ft cat6 going to the Actiontec FIOS router, but i've read that some people have issues with streaming HD files
indifferent.gif

Roku's seem to be the best from everything I've read.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

indifferent.gif

Roku's seem to be the best from everything I've read.
What I read about ROKU is that it doesn't allow for streaming from your PC. And that's all I really have the need for, I want to avoid having to disconnect my external from the media player, taking it to my room, transferring it and set it back up. Would prefer to do it directly.

My current setup:

Sony HX800 46" LED 3D TV

I have the Bic F12.  It's a beast and I highly recommend it.  I keep the dial on 3.5/10, and it gives me more than enough bass.

Thanks, I may order it from shopblt.com since they have it for $181 shipped, site has some good reviews.

My current setup:

Sony HX800 46" LED 3D TV

Thanks, I may order it from shopblt.com since they have it for $181 shipped, site has some good reviews.
That's actually where I ordered mine from.  Very fast shipping.  No problems.

posting for a fallen NTer 
tired.gif

DatZNasty wrote:
When looking for projectors, what exactly are you looking for that makes one model better than another? Is the amount of lumens the nlyl statistic to take into consideration. How important is contrast? How come some that are like 400lm are better reviewed and allegedly have better pictures than models that are like 1600lm?

would also like to know
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

posting for a fallen NTer 
tired.gif

DatZNasty wrote:
When looking for projectors, what exactly are you looking for that makes one model better than another? Is the amount of lumens the nlyl statistic to take into consideration. How important is contrast? How come some that are like 400lm are better reviewed and allegedly have better pictures than models that are like 1600lm?

would also like to know
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I got my Pioneer VSX-1120-K on Tuesday. I've still been messing with it getting everything set up. I just adjusted all of my speaker positions. I need to rerun the MCACC setup (will do tomorrow, don't want to wake the neighbors tonight), but so far I'm really loving the receiver. The THX sound modes are sick. And maybe I'm just imagining things, but even though I only have a 720p/1080i TV, it seems like the Marvell chip cleans up a lot of the noise in broadcasts to give a much cleaner pictures. Having control over the receiver via my computer is great, especially for listening to Internet radio. I also got the Bluetooth adapter, so I can stream music from my computer or phone wirelessly which is awesome. More impressions to come.

How do you suggest positioning your sub? I always had it in the corner of the room near two walls. But the Pioneer manual and MCACC suggest placing it between the center and front speaker for more natural bass.

Or is it best to just try and find the sweet spot in the room and place it accordingly?

Put the sub where you normally sit (yes, on the couch or bed), and play music with different kinds of bass. Crawl around on the ground, around the walls in the room. Listen for the best - as in loudest, smoothest, not "boomiest" - bass. That is where your sub will work best.

Back
Top Bottom