pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/font]

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

bijald0331 wrote:

55 in Sony LCD 1080i w Pioneer surround sound built into the ceiling
48 in Samsung LCD 1080p. Mounted on a wall in the basement.
32 in Vizio LCD 1080p
21 Westinghouse LCD (used it for college as 2nd monitor/game hookup/cable hookup)

Yea, my house is bomb and I miss it right now.
is that your house or the Parents house?

if its your house (or even if you had a say in how your parents set it up) can i ask why you decided to ceiling mount your speakers?

I am currently trying to decide how I want to setup my sound in the living room.  The person that lived here before me wired in ceiling mounting outlets in the 4 corners of the room.  I'm OK with putting my rear speakers on the ceiling and have them point down, but for my front speakers and center channel, I'm afraid that I am going to get poor sound if its coming from the ceiling on down as opposed to if it was eye level.  Not that I am an audiophile or anything, but do you notice and sound degradation compared to when you are in a room with a properly configured surround sound system with front speakers coming from eye level?

My current setup:
52" Sony Bravia Z-series 240hz/1080p mounted above the fireplace in the living room
42" Sharp Acquos D64 series 60hz/1080P mounted on the wall in the kitchen/bar
40" Panasonic (not sure model) 120hz/1080p mounted on the wall in the bedroom
19" Samsung 60hz/720p in the guest bedroom

I hardly if ever have guests over, and usually if I do its only my boys who are too drunk to drive home so I dont really even need that 19" in there.  I am having a contractor come in to do some electrical work so I am going to have hm run some cables in my bathroom on the wall above my tub so I can mount that 19" there. 

Yes.  I LOVE TV.  My wife thinks I'm crazy that we have 4 flatscreens for 2 people.  I gotta ease her into the idea of getting a couple more 19" screens to mount in my other bathrooms.

It's my parents house but I set almost everything up and make most of the decisions on what to buy because don't know much about technology unless I tell them what's up.

On ceiling mounts, my parents also bought a house where it was configured for ceiling audio. To be honest, we went ahead with that setup because my Dad likes how it looks. Sound isn't a big concern. I'm not even close to an audiophile so I don't really have a big preference unless you put very high quality equipment in front of me. It sounds fine to me.

bijald0331 wrote:

32 in Vizio LCD 1080p
21 Westinghouse LCD (used it for college as 2nd monitor/game hookup/cable hookup)

if its your house (or even if you had a say in how your parents set it up) can i ask why you decided to ceiling mount your speakers?

I am currently trying to decide how I want to setup my sound in the living room.  The person that lived here before me wired in ceiling mounting outlets in the 4 corners of the room.  I'm OK with putting my rear speakers on the ceiling and have them point down, but for my front speakers and center channel, I'm afraid that I am going to get poor sound if its coming from the ceiling on down as opposed to if it was eye level.  Not that I am an audiophile or anything, but do you notice and sound degradation compared to when you are in a room with a properly configured surround sound system with front speakers coming from eye level?

My current setup:
52" Sony Bravia Z-series 240hz/1080p mounted above the fireplace in the living room

I hardly if ever have guests over, and usually if I do its only my boys who are too drunk to drive home so I dont really even need that 19" in there.  I am having a contractor come in to do some electrical work so I am going to have hm run some cables in my bathroom on the wall above my tub so I can mount that 19" there. 

Yes.  I LOVE TV.  My wife thinks I'm crazy that we have 4 flatscreens for 2 people.  I gotta ease her into the idea of getting a couple more 19" screens to mount in my other bathrooms.

It's my parents house but I set almost everything up and make most of the decisions on what to buy because don't know much about technology unless I tell them what's up.

On ceiling mounts, my parents also bought a house where it was configured for ceiling audio. To be honest, we went ahead with that setup because my Dad likes how it looks. Sound isn't a big concern. I'm not even close to an audiophile so I don't really have a big preference unless you put very high quality equipment in front of me. It sounds fine to me.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

bijald0331 wrote:

32 in Vizio LCD 1080p

My current setup:

Do you have it with flush mounted speakers (so that they point directly down) or are the directionally mounted so that they face forward/down?  Im considering putting flush mounted rear speakers, but I think the sound is really gonna get effed if I have flush mounted front speakers. 

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

bijald0331 wrote:

32 in Vizio LCD 1080p

My current setup:

Do you have it with flush mounted speakers (so that they point directly down) or are the directionally mounted so that they face forward/down?  Im considering putting flush mounted rear speakers, but I think the sound is really gonna get effed if I have flush mounted front speakers. 

Thanks for your help.

samsung-un55b7000-led-tv.jpg

LIVING ROOM...55" LED SAMSUNG 7 SERIES

Samsung-UE46B7000-195.jpg

42" LED SAMSUNG 7 SERIES

Samsung-LE32R72B-32-LCD-TV-0.jpg

32" LCD SAMSUNG 5 SERIES...BOTH KDS ROOMS..

31TL0dz6XjL._SS400_.jpg

15" LCD WESTINGHOUSE....MASTER BATHROOM & KITCHEN..

samsung-un55b7000-led-tv.jpg

LIVING ROOM...55" LED SAMSUNG 7 SERIES

Samsung-UE46B7000-195.jpg

42" LED SAMSUNG 7 SERIES

Samsung-LE32R72B-32-LCD-TV-0.jpg

32" LCD SAMSUNG 5 SERIES...BOTH KDS ROOMS..

31TL0dz6XjL._SS400_.jpg

15" LCD WESTINGHOUSE....MASTER BATHROOM & KITCHEN..

damn... someone loves TV more than I do. Nice setup BigSupa.

If/When I have kids, damned if they are getting a nice 32" tv in their room hahaha

damn... someone loves TV more than I do. Nice setup BigSupa.

If/When I have kids, damned if they are getting a nice 32" tv in their room hahaha

LG 42" LCD 1080P, loving it with Xbox 360 slim! Using at a second monitor to my laptop with bluray with HDMI  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom